Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2019, 07:39 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times

Advertisements

Order from Amazon.....but you might see a Rainbow logo on their page somewhere. They also sell prayer rugs for Muslims. Hijabs too.

I'm not offended.

Wouldn't it be an amazing thing if people started caring about real issues. They cheer for dirtier air (yes, Trump is doing that) bombing other countries, more poor people and yet they are offended when Capitalism is Capitalism....

Old 06-09-2019, 07:46 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
For some people, it is intolerable just to have their conscience pricked on their way to buy their Coach bags or whatever.

It's too much to think about all the pain and suffering around them in the world. Rather than consider the iniquities, the causes of the suffering, and ways to mitigate the pain and the sorrow, they just cry "make it go away!" or "Thoughts and Prayers" or some other unhelpful and hollow sentiment.
How does being asked for money have anything to do with conscience? Most people I know give quietly to charities of their choosing and/or volunteer their time.

So being asked for money to support a corporate project in public in earshot of 20 other people using public shaming to solicit money? Not interested.

Maybe those who aren't bothered by being panhandled don't give to charities at all so it's their only introduction to charitable giving?

Old 06-09-2019, 08:05 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
OK, you get it. I'm being somewhat factitious but the meaning is real. I don't say these things to people in real life but I feel like you could use it.

The culture war was lost. Yes, we have a Nationalist president that has brought hatred out of the shadows but his base represent a minority of Americans. BUT, the base is large enough that they can do some damage and they already have. The American empire was going down, as all empires do, but trump has fast-tracked it. I'm hopeful that we can repair the damage after 2020 (yes, I know trump could get re-elected--shiver...) We shall see.
The right has lost the culture war in my opinion, but according to tim pool the right is winning on the internet. The American empire as a whole started to decline with the loss of the Vietnam War. Yes the United States has had a military resurgence in the the past 30 years, but the American empire is on the decline. A resurgent Russia and a rising China wants to take up the mantle where the Anglo-Saxons have left off in the past 200 years of Saxon domination around the globe.

As. For trump being reelected. In order for democrats to win. Democrats will need to white male vote to win. Democrats can not win an election by having support from black Americans which make up 13 percent of the population, feminist which makes up 20 percent and LGBT which make up 1 percent. Even some immigrants vote republican like 30 something percent do Hispanics did. Scaring off white men will trigger many to vote republican.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:12 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The right has lost the culture war in my opinion, but according to tim pool the right is winning on the internet. The American empire as a whole started to decline with the loss of the Vietnam War. Yes the United States has had a military resurgence in the the past 30 years, but the American empire is on the decline. A resurgent Russia and a rising China wants to take up the mantle where the Anglo-Saxons have left off in the past 200 years of Saxon domination around the globe.

As. For trump being elected. In order for democrats to win. Democrats will need to white male vote to win. Democrats can not win an election by having support from black Americans which make up 13 percent of the population, feminist which makes up 20 percent and LGBT which make up 1 percent. Even some immigrants vote republican like 30 something percent do Hispanics did. Scaring off white men will trigger many to vote republican.
I agree. Vietnam legitimized and made AMERICA HATE popular with our own countrymen. We are a country where many, maybe half do not like their own country, nor what it stands for. It has become de rigueur for leftists to bash their own country, often citing Canada, Australia, and Europe as models for us to emulate while in reality our past success has come form being purposely, and uniquely DIFFERENT from these other countries.

Vietnam made self loathing, America hate acceptable, and even preferred by those that consider themselves intellectual and elitists.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:13 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Order from Amazon.....but you might see a Rainbow logo on their page somewhere. They also sell prayer rugs for Muslims. Hijabs too.

I'm not offended.

Wouldn't it be an amazing thing if people started caring about real issues. They cheer for dirtier air (yes, Trump is doing that) bombing other countries, more poor people and yet they are offended when Capitalism is Capitalism....
Nazi flags and Communist flags are A OK, but Confederate flags are racist.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:26 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:

I'm not offended.

Funny how that works, isn’t it?

Conservatives are all for capitalism when it punishes people they see as lazy, but when capitalism starts pushing for gay rights, suddenly it’s a big problem.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:07 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
How does being asked for money have anything to do with conscience? Most people I know give quietly to charities of their choosing and/or volunteer their time.

So being asked for money to support a corporate project in public in earshot of 20 other people using public shaming to solicit money? Not interested.

Maybe those who aren't bothered by being panhandled don't give to charities at all so it's their only introduction to charitable giving?
Lol, you people change the goal posts constantly. First it's, "every single store I go to they're demanding I give to their charity!", then it's just panhandlers. Pick your bitter complaint & stick with it.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:12 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
So, I went to my local Macy's yesterday to make some exchanges.

While I was there - I did hear one announcement about pride. I was there about 2 hours.

When I went to check out ~ I was asked if I wanted to 'round up' for a cause unrelated to Pride - which I did. Same as I do in Pet Smart and Krogers.

At no time was I triggered. I could easily have said 'no this time' as the woman in front of me did.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:54 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:

I'm not offended.

I don't care if Amazon sells Muslim prayer rugs, and I'm not offended if MACYs were to sell them. And I could care less about a Rainbow logo. (Another liberal trying to call bigot.....so typical.) I WOULD find it annoying if MACYs asked me for a donation at the POS to raise money for Muslim prayer rugs, and made a PA announcement about their drive for Muslim rugs every 10 minutes. Corporations should not be asking customers to support partisan causes that benefit a small percentage of people.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:56 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They don't use any social, nor political issues in their advertising nor in their restaurants, so Chik Fil A is a bad analogy. They aren't pushing anything political to sell chicken sandwiches. NONE of the owners private views are expressed at Chik Fil A.

In fact you see very little if any conservative views, or views expressed in corporate advertising. Most corps are headed by far leftist and therefore senior management are also leftists. That is why you always see liberal/progressive SJW causes being used to sell stuff today. They are using these Identity groups, and special interests in a very condescending manner to make money. Talk about corporate greed? It is the Leftists that are the greedy ones now. Nice, huh?

So because a company chose to be inclusive and treat people that live different lifestyles than us as human beings is a reason to fly into a rage and denounce the whole company? I don't think so. You people need to lighten up and realize that those who are different have every right to live their lives exactly as they see fit, same as you and I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies