Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 08:56 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Otherwise you are ok with your employer controlling your political expression? If it were made illegal to fire someone for outside of work political speech then no one could hold the employer responsible for the statements of its employees outside of work. Every company would be in the same boat there, some employees would make liberal statements and some conservative. We as a society would have to relearn the art of tolerance of free speech. It is not ok when your boss is actually in charge of the exercise of your free speech. Nothing anyone says will make me accept this very un American idea that corporate HR departments are the keepers of what is and is not acceptable speech for their employees outside of work. Totally unacceptable to this freedom loving American.
No one will ever convince me I should not have control over speech in my home or in my business. Anything else is un-American and a gross violation of natural law.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:27 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,619,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The point is that if they annoy enough people with their liberal causes - MACYs is notorious for their liberal stances - they will drive off more customers than they can spare. And apparently I'm not the only one. Have you seen what's happened to their stock price?
Same thing is happening with Dick's Sporting Goods and their gun policy. Dick's sales are going down.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:05 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
It has nothing to do with liberal/conservative or left/right. Don't donate. Tune out LGBT ads like all the other PSAs. Thou doth protest too much, methinks.
I'm really not sure the OP is open to any suggestion contrary to her lib bashing bent, but no doubt there are liberals and conservatives who also get heartburn over solicitations at the check-out counter just as there are libeals and conservatives who don't (no matter the cause). For anyone who prefers a them vs us way of looking at all things, the middle ground is nothing but a battle ground.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I care about it but I have no skin in the game so what would you have me do? Having said that I support those who face injustice in the best way I can: at the voting booth. I find the modern Conservative/Evangelical movement abhorrent and will do my part to stop it by talking about it and voting accordingly.
Would you have "skin in the game" if you were black or gay or female? Because if the answer is yes, then you have "skin in the game" simply because you are also a person, just like them. Good you at least vote in what might be the right direction and voting matters, but walking the talk also matters. Sometimes countering backward thinking, even in a ridiculous forum like this one, better serves than quiet apathy or indifference. Simply put, if you're not part of the answer, you're part of the problem and part of the problem is that people are too accepting and tolerant of bigotry generally speaking...

Old 06-10-2019, 10:13 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Same thing is happening with Dick's Sporting Goods and their gun policy. Dick's sales are going down.
Good for them for putting their money where their mouth is, even if it negatively affects them. It's good to see one corporation at least that isn't all about the almighty dollar.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I know. Brainwashing until I agree with liberals.
Or...

Maybe you've been "brainwashed" into thinking that everyone who doesn't agree with you is simply liberal and therefore to be dismissed out of hand. Instead, maybe some people who don't agree with you are simply making more sense than you all considered.

Right. No way such a possibility can be considered objectively when brainwashed into believing only conservative thinking is clear thinking...

Old 06-10-2019, 10:52 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Or...

Maybe you've been "brainwashed" into thinking that everyone who doesn't agree with you is simply liberal and therefore to be dismissed out of hand. Instead, maybe some people who don't agree with you are simply making more sense than you all considered.

Right. No way such a possibility can be considered objectively when brainwashed into believing only conservative thinking is clear thinking...
Lol.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:58 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
To be honest, I can see that having more of an impact than Target's restroom policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies