Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 08:53 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times

Advertisements

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Po...510915221.html

This happened not 3 miles from my house yesterday!

From what I understand, he was just released from prison not long ago, he has multiple convictions, but they are all drug related and drug crime type offenses, (receiving of stolen property, theft under $500, etc).

Since these incidents are rare around here, everyone was talking about this yesterday, it was actually getting tiresome by the end of the day. Most everyone was voicing their opinion that he needs to be locked up for life, or executed in some horrible way (of course!).

The way I look at it, this guy had a drug problem (sounds like it was meth), other than that, he hasnt committed any other types of crime (Im not sure why no one recognizes this or factors it into their opinion).

It makes me upset and outraged another persons life is totally ruined now...mainly due to laws that police should not be enforcing in the first place!

Im also a little bit confused on how is still alive if he fired directly at 2 cops (like the police claim), usually when someone points a gun at them, they return fire with the intent to kill, they dont wait around or run for cover, like the article stated...Im wondering if he didnt fire into the air instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 08:56 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Similar thing happened in Newark NJ. Guy drove away pointing gun at the cops. But the cop who shot him was indicted for murder.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:13 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
There is no such thing as a routine traffic stop.

Every LE knows this.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:39 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

From what I understand, he was just released from prison not long ago, he has multiple convictions, but they are all drug related and drug crime type offenses, (receiving of stolen property, theft under $500, etc).

Since these incidents are rare around here, everyone was talking about this yesterday, it was actually getting tiresome by the end of the day. Most everyone was voicing their opinion that he needs to be locked up for life, or executed in some horrible way (of course!).

1. The way I look at it, this guy had a drug problem (sounds like it was meth), other than that, he hasnt committed any other types of crime (Im not sure why no one recognizes this or factors it into their opinion).

2. It makes me upset and outraged another persons life is totally ruined now... 3. mainly due to laws that police should not be enforcing in the first place!

4. Im also a little bit confused on how is still alive if he fired directly at 2 cops (like the police claim), usually when someone points a gun at them, they return fire with the intent to kill, they dont wait around or run for cover, like the article stated...5. Im wondering if he didnt fire into the air instead.
#1 - Yes he's got a drug problem. He also has a theft problem. And a lyinng problem. And a violence problem. And a "he's a POS who has never contributed anything positive so far in his lying, thieving, drugging, miserable life" problem.

#2 - He did it to himself

#3 - Not your call, dude. Don't like the laws, work to change them. Also not the call of the cops - they take an oath to enforce and uphold the laws. Whether they personally agree or disagree with those laws does not factor into the equation.

#4 - Maybe they shot back and missed. Maybe they didn't have time to shoot back. Maybe they chose not to shoot back. Are you upset that they didn't kill the guy? Cops are damned if they do and damned if they don't

#5 - You're just talking out of your a$$ now.

A different link to the same story while the manhunt was still on-going: https://www.wave3.com/2019/06/06/don...-turn-himself/

From the article:
She says Julick has been in trouble throughout his life, but he always took the charge. She says he’s never shot at officers and has never done anything like this. Now Julick, 27, is charged with attempted murder of police officers, possession of a handgun by a convicted felon, and first-degree persistent felony offender.

POS poses an extreme danger to others. He's in deep now and will be going away for a long time. As he should. You want to hate on cops or whine about drug laws, pick another hill to do battle on. This one sucks big.

Last edited by juneaubound; 06-07-2019 at 10:48 AM..

Old 06-07-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
#1 - Yes he's got a drug problem. He also has a theft problem. And a lyinng problem. And a violence problem. And a "he's a POS who has never contributed anything positive so far in his lying, thieving, drugging, miserable life" problem.

#2 - He did it to himself

#3 - Not your call, dude. Don't like the laws, work to change them. Also not the call of the cops - they take an oath to uphold the laws. Whether they personally agree or disagree with those laws does not factor into the equation.

#4 - Maybe they shot back and missed. Maybe they didn't have time to shoot back. Maybe they chose not to shoot back. Are you upset that they didn't kill the guy? Cops are damned if they do and damned if they don't

#5 - You're just talking out of your a$$ now.

A different link to the same story while the manhunt was still on-going: https://www.wave3.com/2019/06/06/don...-turn-himself/

From the article:
She says Julick has been in trouble throughout his life, but he always took the charge. She says he’s never shot at officers and has never done anything like this. Now Julick, 27, is charged with attempted murder of police officers, possession of a handgun by a convicted felon, and first-degree persistent felony offender.

POS poses an extreme danger to others. He's in deep now and will be going away for a long time. As he should. You want to hate on cops or whine about drug laws, pick another hill to do battle on. This one sucks big.
No, Im not upset they didnt kill the guy, i just think its strange that a guy allegedly not only points the gun at 2 separate officers, but fires 4-6 shots at them....and neither unholstered their weapon.

There is a reason why suicidal people intent on killing themselves choose suicide by cop...its a guarantee, if you point a gun at a cop, they ARE GOING TO shoot to kill!

Thankfully there are numerous security cams in all directions from where this suspect was said to have fired, so it will be interesting to see those.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:58 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
I can't explain addiction. But I can explain addiction consumes individuals to the point they will steal become violent and aggressive to support their habit. Often very good at manipulating others to get what they want. Usually money to support their habit.

Sometimes violently too.

Old 06-07-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I can't explain addiction. But I can explain addiction consumes individuals to the point they will steal become violent and aggressive to support their habit. Often very good at manipulating others to get what they want. Usually money to support their habit.

Sometimes violently too.
Yeah, its a wonder why no one steals, kills, etc to obtain alcohol or tobacco!! LOL Tobacco kills 500,000 people per year...meth kills around 1500-2000...its pretty clear which is more deadly/ dangerous.

in these cases, its not so much the drug use that is destructive...its the laws against them, that really causes the brunt of the problems, these drugs are artificially expensive, due to the illegal status, if they were legal, their value would not be remotely close to what it is now, naturally, people are going to steal and rob in order to get the money to buy more.

Old 06-07-2019, 11:09 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

The way I look at it, this guy had a drug problem (sounds like it was meth), other than that, he hasnt committed any other types of crime (Im not sure why no one recognizes this or factors it into their opinion).

It makes me upset and outraged another persons life is totally ruined now...mainly due to laws that police should not be enforcing in the first place!

Im also a little bit confused on how is still alive if he fired directly at 2 cops (like the police claim), usually when someone points a gun at them, they return fire with the intent to kill, they dont wait around or run for cover, like the article stated...Im wondering if he didnt fire into the air instead.
Uhh, fired into the air? You might be right, maybe a runaway semi was heading toward the officers and the nice gentleman was attempting to warn them. LOL...

Old 06-07-2019, 11:15 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
If the suspect had been Black, chances are that the "Black Lives Matter" or similar race cards would make this story become really popular. Guess it is a good thing that is he White.

Old 06-07-2019, 11:17 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Similar thing happened in Newark NJ. Guy drove away pointing gun at the cops. But the cop who shot him was indicted for murder.
Uh, no, I'm pretty sure you're making things up again. Why? He did drive away, yes, but no gun, and lethal force used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies