Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 08:43 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times

Advertisements

A livable planet for my children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 08:44 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
You people don't even interact with conservatives due to your stupid micro-aggressions so wtf would any of you know about the lack of progressiveness amongst conservatives. Because drag queens can't read to children in the most distasteful appearance imaginable to provide more shock value to your fellow morally bankrupt pissants that vote Democrat? That's so damn offensive right? Oh why can't we dress like monsters, it's not fair!
^another work of fiction

Old 06-07-2019, 08:51 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I want single payer healthcare as my top policy priority
This is #1 for me too.
I never want to see any American to ever lack healthcare again.

Old 06-07-2019, 08:54 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We want what’s best for the country. Nothing more.

We think our prescription is superior to the folks on the other side. Hell, we KNOW it’s better.
This. And we do indeed know it's better, because our beliefs are based on facts and science, not religion and anti-intellectualism.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:13 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This. And we do indeed know it's better, because our beliefs are based on facts and science, not religion and anti-intellectualism.
Reminds me of how Aztec shamans were knowledgeable on the celestial movements of stars, and used it to manipulate people to giving their kids as blood sacrifices. Oh those scientists surely won't lie in a grand scheme to extort more money via carbon credits, it's not like their livelihoods depend on public funding from entities like a government who stand to benefit the most.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:22 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,674,563 times
Most of those in the mainstream left want a single payer health care system, fair and just labor law, a better education system based on the reality that everyone isn't college material, while recognizing that everyone does indeed need to make a living, there's more but that's the main direction the left wants to go in.

The extreme left doesn't deserve our consideration any more than the extreme right. Most of America actually agrees on what constitutes the important issues, but often don't agree on the direction of potential fixes. Reading the MSM accounts of both extremes would make one believe we are irrevocably polarized and therefore heading straight to hell, but that isn't really a valid picture of us, and a lot of us know that but can't persuade the media to report the truth. Extremists dominate the media, and we should learn to discuss things better, or simply turn this nation over to the extremists, to the media's delight..

Old 06-08-2019, 09:00 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
It seems that for many Lefties, it's to be SJW or P.C. or historical revision to appease the "snowflakes".

Old 06-08-2019, 09:05 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
The left wants “free” stuff.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:15 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
https://twitter.com/RyanGirdusky/sta...24704903077888

according to recent IPSOS poll of registered voters.

the priorities for democrats are:healthcare and the environment.

the priorities for republicans are:immigration and healthcare/morality (tie).

the priorities for independents are:immigration and healthcare.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:23 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Really?
I've posted facts and science in the C02 thread... all that continues on in there is only regulations and taxes .gov knows best...

If anything, and don't get butt hurt... if anything I can conclude the modern left is very much religious and anti-intellectual.
My proof is your guys love for all things nanny state, I call, praying to the altar of .gov replacing "god" with "politics" and foolishly believing problems can be solved with taxes legislation and regulations.

You and I have had conversations in other threads pertaining to solving problems without .gov oversight and interference. So it's not as dramatic as you perceive-religion and anti-intellectualism.

If that were true, I'd have adopted the lemming mentality and discussed solving problems with emotional rants instead of actual logical cognitive thinking and diagnostic methods. Something politicians all regardless of what letter next to their name, Lack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies