Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 09:34 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
They don't abolish amendments they just re-define what the amendment says, what the Founding Fathers explained them to be and the liberal courts back them up.

The RIGHT of the PEOPLE to KEEP and BEAR arms shall NOT be INFRINGED" yet, we have over 20,000 laws that do just that.

"Freedom of SPEECH" is now "freedom of EXPRESSION", is now any way you want it to be, etc.

How many fed agencies do we have now that are NOT defined as a fed responsibility in the Constitution?

Dept of Education for one. Where does it say ANYWHERE the fed is responsible for public education?
Freedom of speech except for anything the left disagrees with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 09:36 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Fear mongering just a bit? Yeah, we on the left hate our country and can't wait to turn it into some banana republic, complete with dictator. Oh, wait! That would be your guy who never saw a constitution he couldn't circumvent and can't wait for the courts to overthrow Roe v Wade, so that women will lose their rights over their own bodies and become little more than baby making machines.

As for the right's love affair with the second amendment, I'm cool with that as long as you guys use your semi-automatics on one another instead of this on-going slaughter of the innocent.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go polish my horns and tuck in my forked tail.
"Oh, wait! That would be your guy who never saw a constitution he couldn't circumvent and can't wait for the courts to overthrow"

We are NOT talking about OBAMA! he was OVERTURNED MORE then any other president.

Always funny to watch how libs NEVER take responsibility their OWN actions!

Old 06-09-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
In addition, the Trump administration has been appointing conservative, pro-corporate, federal judges with lifetime appointments with the speed of light.

It is far too late to take back our democracy.
"In addition, the Trump administration has been appointing conservative, pro-corporate, federal judges with lifetime appointments with the speed of light."

Your just mad because he is REPLACING all the LIBERAL judges the dem presidents appointed!

Of COURSE you didn't mind it THEN! Did you?

Old 06-09-2019, 09:41 AM

510 posts, read 610,089 times
Quote:
"You mean like Freeways, Public Schools and Public Libraries?"

I know it is hard to stay on topic but we ARE talking about the FED, NOT states.

All you cite are STATE responsibility and NOT the fed. Or maybe you don't know the difference!
Most highway funding comes from the federal gas tax, not from state sources. Public libraries are not state responsibilities, they are (mostly) funded and managed by county or city governments.

Old 06-09-2019, 09:41 AM

10,532 posts, read 6,167,855 times
What do you mean by
What will the left do if power is ever fully gained?

You mean like after an election?

Old 06-09-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Didn't they have full control the first couple of years of Obama.

Did the 2nd Amendment even come up?

I know the health care issue was attacked full on and I do believe the sense of urgency to push it through explains some of the problems with it.

And I don't remember any talk of abolishing the Constitution.
"Did the 2nd Amendment even come up?" Do you think a so-called "assault" weapon ban follows the 2nd amendment?

Sen Diane Feinstiein WOULD HAVE if she had the votes. And ISN'T the ONLY dem to want to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffI-tWh37UY

Old 06-09-2019, 09:49 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John S. View Post
by hook or crook, keep total power of the United States forever.... (what a terrible thought)

abolish the 2d Amendment. (that will stop all blood shed)

abolish the Constitution. It gets in the way of liberal progression.. (so said Obama)
Fear mongering on behalf of whom?

Old 06-09-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Explain to me why companies like HP, Amzaon etc paid no income taxes. Is that called charity?
https://itep.org/notadime/
I want to know, if tax returns are PRIVATE, how did this group get the info they claim to have?

Old 06-09-2019, 09:54 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
Quote:
I want to know, if tax returns are PRIVATE, how did this group get the info they claim to have?
Personal tax returns are private. The tax returns of publicly held companies traded on the stock market are public information.

This is pretty basic. You may wish to learn some stuff before spouting off ill-informed opinions on politics.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Please do tell what freedoms you have lost. How has your life changed? Has your individuality been taken away, or your opinions? If that's the case, why are you even allowed to post on here?

Ya'll are all so funny.
"Ya'll are all so funny" Better to be FUNNY then ignorant!

"Please do tell what freedoms you have lost" I LOST my FREEDOM to NOT drive my car WITHOUT wearing a seat belt or I will be fined.

I LOST my freedom to NOT "participate" in a FORCED retirement plan I do NOT like, Social Security.

I LOST my freedom of serving in MY business whom I CHOOSE.

I lost my FREEDOM to NOT wear a helmet if I CHOOSE.

I lost my FREEDOM to buy a gun WITHOUT jumping through a lot of hoops.

I LOST my freedom to "BEAR" arms without a permit and PAYING for that right.

I LOST my FREEDOM to build on my property what I want WITHOUT getting a "permit", and ONLY what they say I can and "meets" their requirements.

Etc., etc., etc., The list is VERY LONG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies