Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 06:55 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
President Trump on Queen:

"The meeting with the Queen was incredible, I think I can say I really got to know her because I sat with her many times and we had automatic chemistry, you will understand that feeling,"

"It's a good feeling. But she's a spectacular woman."
When asked by Fox News' Laura Ingraham if he fist-bumped the Queen, Mr Trump said: "I did not, but I had a great relationship, we had a really great time.

"There are those that say they have never seen the Queen have a better time, a more animated time.

"We had a period we were talking solid straight, I didn't even know who the other people at the table were, never spoke to them. We just had a great time together."
I imagine the Queen was laughing at trump quite a bit.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:56 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I imagine the Queen was laughing at trump quite a bit.
Hard to say. She looked pretty grim most of the time.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:14 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:

"The meeting with the Queen was incredible, I think I can say I really got to know her because I sat with her many times and we had automatic chemistry, you will understand that feeling,"

When asked by Fox News' Laura Ingraham if he fist-bumped the Queen, Mr Trump said: "I did not, but I had a great relationship, we had a really great time.

"There are those that say they have never seen the Queen have a better time, a more animated time.

"We had a period we were talking solid straight, I didn't even know who the other people at the table were, never spoke to them. We just had a great time together."
What people? You quoted what Trump said.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:22 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:

I'm a little confused by your post.

Your headline implies that people never saw the Queen have a better time than with Trump. But your text is only quoting Trump whom, as we all know, brags without any basis, about anything that puts him in a good light. There's no reason to believe it's true. You also don't include a link.

So I instead will guess that Trump, who was often otherwise his usual vicious self, was trying to be more civilized with the Queen, and the Queen, of course, is used to putting on a good face about everything. After all, unlike Trump, she's a pro and she understands the duties of a head of state.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:27 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
I don't know -- the Royal Family looked like they were having a blast today.

Old 06-09-2019, 03:24 AM

10,764 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What people? You quoted what Trump said.
What's you point?
CNN reports things that unnamed people have said, constantly.
Trump is reporting things unnamed people have said.
If you have a problem with that, blame CNN, because they lowered the bar so hearsay is perfectly fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

Your headline implies that people never saw the Queen have a better time than with Trump. But your text is only quoting Trump whom, as we all know, brags without any basis, about anything that puts him in a good light. There's no reason to believe it's true. You also don't include a link.

So I instead will guess that Trump, who was often otherwise his usual vicious self, was trying to be more civilized with the Queen, and the Queen, of course, is used to putting on a good face about everything. After all, unlike Trump, she's a pro and she understands the duties of a head of state.
I directly quoted Trump.
Whether you choose to believe Trump or not, is up to you.
How is that confusing?

Old 06-09-2019, 08:22 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:

In other words, the "People who said they've never seen the Queen have a better time than with trump." was trump himself.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:36 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

Who is "we all"? You and your imaginary friend?

Tell us more about what the queen likes and doesn't like since you are privy to her thoughts.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:53 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
"Many people...."

Yeah. Right.

Old 06-09-2019, 09:09 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
This is one of the dumbest lies Trump ever made up. Which "people"? Which people have been with the queen long enough to know that? None of her employees or family would have said that. They don't discuss the queen's state of mind, and definitely not with the Trump crowd.

If Trump had actually heard that a real person close to the queen said that, he would have bragged with a name--he is a name dropper extraordinaire. That insecure ego again.

Remember when the faithful used to claim Trump's lies were actually 'hyperbole'? Well, we're way past that now. He's now hearing voices in his head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies