Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2019, 09:18 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,872,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
Wait - we were told that Obamacare would fix everything that was wrong with the healthcare world
The Republican alternative that Trump/the GOP promised is (crickets.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 09:28 AM

15,579 posts, read 10,296,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
The Republican alternative that Trump/the GOP promised is (crickets.)
scooby's criticism of the lack of republican alternative to aca is valid.

trump promised a great healthcare law when he ran in 2016 and then crickets. healthcare insurance costs is the most important issue according to numerous polls with all voters in 2020 and it is not being address realistically by the democratic presidential hopefuls, the congress, or the president.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:30 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,904,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
scooby's criticism of the lack of republican alternative to aca is valid.

trump promised a great healthcare law in 2016 and then crickets. healthcare is the most important issue according to numerous polls with all voters in 2020 and it is not being address realistically by the democratic presidential hopefuls, the congress or the president.
Medicare-for-all is very realistic if the people just find the guts to take on the medical industrial complex that rips off the American people.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:31 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,579,768 times
I don't see it right now. I could see over 55 maybe, but not for all. I don't have a problem w/ it, but it won't happen yet.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:36 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,687,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
Wait - we were told that Obamacare would fix everything that was wrong with the healthcare world
No you weren't. If the public option had not been blocked by Republicans, our healthcare system would be in much better shape than it is now. The ACA brought health insurance to millions who could not afford it before. That is a good thing.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Medicare-for-all is very realistic if the people just find the guts to take on the medical industrial complex that rips off the American people.
PCAL when I am given proof that medicare for all would reduce costs, or even keep them the same, and would provided similar care to participants that private insurance companies provide now, I would happily support it. so far, nothing presented has convinced me, and I've read several studies, would support believing the government would be a cost effective or efficient provider of healthcare insurance to americans. the aca was a huge disaster for those of us paying full freight....a huge increase in premiums over the last few years. why would I fall for that again?

Old 06-10-2019, 09:38 AM

36,858 posts, read 17,238,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
good use of meaningless words
In all fairness to the paper-pusher that authored the piece he was probably being paid per word.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:40 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,687,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
PCAL when I am given proof that medicare for all would reduce costs, or even keep them the same, and would provided similar care to participants that private insurance companies provide now, I would happily support it. so far, nothing presented has convinced me, and I've read several studies, would support believing the government would be a cost effective or efficient provider of healthcare insurance to americans. the aca was a huge disaster for those of us paying full freight....a huge increase in premiums over the last few years. why would I fall for that again?
Your proof is from those many other countries that have universal healthcare.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Your proof is from those many other countries that have universal healthcare.
no. the medicare for all, single payer, is not provided in any countries that isn't failing. even the democrats admit that.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:48 AM

18,740 posts, read 8,358,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I don't see it right now. I could see over 55 maybe, but not for all. I don't have a problem w/ it, but it won't happen yet.
I agree. Obamacare was too large and complex a jump. Going to Medicare for all also too big IMO. Reforms more easily accepted when incremental, and lowering Medicare to age 50-55 would be easy to do and would provide the most bang for the buck for our broad middle class. Not only would it benefit those that would now get to enroll, it would take off a huge amount of HC risks from the private sector, helping to lower everyone else's premiums.

Most of our younger and generally healthy population are low and predictable HC risks and could then stay in the private side of HC insurance. These folks don't benefit as much from Medicare anyway. (like seniors)

Going Single payer/Medicare for all will be heavily bucked by hospitals and docs. Not nearly so much against lowering the Medicare age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies