Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 10:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,696,085 times

Advertisements

Furie demanded over $2 million in damages

Paul Joseph Watson | Infowars.com - June 10, 2019
Infowars has settled the Pepe the Frog lawsuit with creator Matt Furie for a “licensing fee” of just $15,000, a tiny amount considering Furie’s lawyers had demanded over $2 million in damages.
The Pepe creator and his legal team – Hillary Clinton’s law firm – were looking for a jury trial and over $2 million dollars in damage, but ended up with a relatively tiny settlement. Jones also saved hundreds of thousands in potential legal fees.

https://www.infowars.com/infowars-se...or-matt-furie/

Wow! That is going to bankrupt INFOWARS.
That is the Bar Tab when the crew goes on the road.
www.BarnesLawLLP.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 10:53 AM

5,992 posts, read 2,247,824 times
Infowars is bankrupting itself. They had the most reach they ever hoped of having over the last 2-3 years. There is no more target audience left that does not know what their selling.

If Infowars folds, it's on them and their business practices.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Infowars is bankrupting itself. They had the most reach they ever hoped of having over the last 2-3 years. There is no more target audience left that does not know what their selling.

If Infowars folds, it's on them and their business practices.

They have more people viewing today, than they did November 8, 2016. The Streisand Effect, has doubled their viewer and listening audience.

Social Media advertising and Google Ads dropping INFOWARS has cost Jones, but the core funding has increased immensely

Over 80 million unique viewers and listeners, from around the world, weekly. That is why he is so Dangerous to the Marxist take over of the world. The New World Order, has been devastated. Social Justice Warriors, have turned into Social Justice Whiners.

TRIGGER WARNING!
How much is infowars.com worth?

62 Million
https://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/infowars.com/

That does not include, INFOWARSstore.com, PrisonPlanet.com, NewsWars.com

Old 06-10-2019, 11:02 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,917,545 times
Hillary Clinton doesn't have a law firm.

Furie is represented in these matters by a team from Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr, led by attorneys Louis Tompros and Don Steinberg. They are representing him pro bono. “From our client’s perspective, the message that he wants to make clear is that Pepe the Frog does not belong to the alt-right,” said Tompros.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They have more people viewing today, than they did November 8, 2016. The Streisand Effect, has doubled their viewer and listening audience.

Social Media advertising and Google Ads dropping INFOWARS has cost Jones, but the core funding has increased immensely

Over 80 million unique viewers and listeners, from around the world, weekly. That is why he is so Dangerous to the Marxist take over of the world. The New World Order, has been devastated. Social Justice Warriors, have turned into Social Justice Whiners.
Agreed, which is why I didn't understand all the whining they were doing about YouTube. Clearly they are big enough to host their own stuff and could control the rules around that.

I still think they only have about 5-10 more years max. The main guy is on the verge of blowing a vessel, a heart attack, or stroke every day. I don't know his name, tried listening but if I wanted to hear about space aliens and crack theories I have better options that don't require a person YELLING for hours on end.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:08 AM

10,536 posts, read 6,178,703 times
Quote:

They are probably watching in the same way that people used to go and watch side shows and circuses.

People love to see curiosities and the unhinged.

I love that Alex Jones considers handing over $15,000, a 'victory'. LOL.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Agreed, which is why I didn't understand all the whining they were doing about YouTube. Clearly they are big enough to host their own stuff and could control the rules around that.

I still think they only have about 5-10 more years max. The main guy is on the verge of blowing a vessel, a heart attack, or stroke every day. I don't know his name, tried listening but if I wanted to hear about space aliens and crack theories I have better options that don't require a person YELLING for hours on end.
Youtube is trying to become the next NETFLIX
YouTube(Google) runs commerce throughout the world. This is the start of the Social Credit Scoring Police State. The new Marxist push, to punish all that go against their MASTERS politically. To have the MASTERS thrown out and Liberty return, from the Police State....
Google, Facebook & Twitter, collude with each other to dominate humanity.
Those invited included Apple CEO Steve Jobs, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison, Google CEO Eric Schmidt and Twitter CEO Dick Costolo. White House officials confirmed all those on the guest list were present.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2011/02/...-tech-elite-4/

Last edited by BentBow; 06-10-2019 at 11:33 AM..

Old 06-10-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
They are probably watching in the same way that people used to go and watch side shows and circuses.

People love to see curiosities and the unhinged.

I love that Alex Jones considers handing over $15,000, a 'victory'. LOL.

Why was Jones the only one, they went after?
Look how many times Pepe has been used, without licensing fees.
Millions if not Trillions.

At $15,000 a pop, this guy is going to be rich, once he stops dragging his feet. LOL!
Jones, is that dangerous, to the political machine. He is the only one sued.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:43 AM

The Lunatic Left thinks, Infowars, Crowder, Loomer, Yaxley, Milo... are the gateway drugs, to the Red Pill. - Dangerous.
Portrayed as bad people with ideas. Instead of the rational & civilized, "People with bad ideas", which creates verbal debate and inquiry to find truth. Notice the deplatforming to silence a voice?

Old 06-10-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Youtube is trying to become the next NETFLIX
YouTube(Google) runs commerce throughout the world. This is the start of the Social Credit Scoring Police State. The new Marxist push, to punish all that go against their MASTERS politically. To have the MASTERS thrown out and Liberty return, from the Police State....
Google, Facebook & Twitter, collude with each other to dominate humanity.
Those invited included Apple CEO Steve Jobs, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison, Google CEO Eric Schmidt and Twitter CEO Dick Costolo. White House officials confirmed all those on the guest list were present.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2011/02/...-tech-elite-4/

I would agree if barrier to entry was high in the tech industry. In reality Mass Entry into tech is as cheap as it gets, much more so than battling Monsanto or Bayer for a foothold. Therefore there is ample opportunity for others without those requirements to enter.

Out of all the companies you listed, non of those companies outside of Apple and Oracle have a base that bought into anything. Therefore customers entry and exit are free of the pressures that keep people locked into a platform. Best examples are: Zappos, Myspace, Digg and many, many more.

I don't share your concern considering how fragile the relationship between these companies and the public is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies