Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 11:01 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I agree with you. Obama didn't affect gas prices either. Presidents rarely do. Not only that, low gas prices are not good for the entire country. In high oil producing areas, such as TX, ND, AK, and LA, low gas prices are bad, not good. They cause economic depressions because lowered profits cause layoffs and pay cuts. Low gas prices are the reason Alaska is running a rare budget deficit. Crowing about how great the economy is vastly oversimplifies the real American economic situation. Our unemployment rate is low. But life expectancy is lower than it's been since 2010, millennials are doing worse in life than their parents are, they can't afford to buy homes as easily as people from previous generations, and our birthrate is at record lows because they are less able to afford to have children.
Bush 1 and 2 sure seemed to make the highest prices ever. Bush 1 back in 1991 with his failed war and highest oil prices ever back in 1991 and Bush 2 with his two failed wars and the highest oil prices in 08.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 11:03 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I live in Georgia. Gas is $2.57 per gallon here.
Lucky you, it is $3.70 for my C6 Vette a gal.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:31 AM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Lucky you, it is $3.70 for my C6 Vette a gal.
I'm considering that this is the price for gasoline in California. That's the only state where I've seen gas prices that high.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:16 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
All US presidents control gasoline prices via a secret control panel located in the Oval Office.

It’s right next to the panel that controls the stock market and the unemployment rate.
Where is the buttons that control the weather?

Old 06-11-2019, 12:17 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Yeah, except California is a pretty good place for many people who prefer to be there. In fact:

"According the U.S. Census, between 2014 and 2015, California had thesecond lowest out-migration rate after Texas: slightly less than 21 out of every 1,000 California residents left. In the three years before that, California even edged out Texas. Welcome to the Hotel California."
https://medium.com/ca-rising/the-gre...h-bda59595dfa2

Care to explain why?
Because your source is wrong. From 2017, which is more up to date than some old study in 2014:

https://www.dailynews.com/2017/02/09...re-else-in-us/

More undocumented immigrants live in Southern California than anywhere else in U.S.

Quote:
About 6 in 10 undocumented immigrants in the United States live in one of 20 metro areas, with three regions in Southern California combining to make up the largest cluster of people living in the country illegally, according to a new study by the Pew Research Center.

The study also shows that a big swath of the nation’s undocumented population lives in communities that voted against President Donald Trump in the past election.
What a surprise. It's biting them in the ass - which, on the one hand, makes me laugh, on the other hand, doesn't.

I lived in this state when I was a kid. This state used to be good...it had great schools, middle class families could easily survive on one income, it was populated, but it wasn't overpopulated like it is now. The air was cleaner, the water quality was better, and while the left tried to indoctrinate kids even back then, (I remember a trip to Albertsons as a kid - we went with our mom because they used to give out cookies to kids in the store, but one particular day, they gave us a political pin that made the Republican look bad. I was 5 or 6. I had no idea who the person was, but that didn't stop them from trying to push me to believe a certain way...at 5-6 fricken years old), and it wasn't such a pansy arsed state with people being "offended" over every little thing. Some of the most horrifying movies that I ever saw was when I was a kid in the CA school system. There's no way the state would show them to the little kids now - the spineless parents would soil their panties over such things.

It used to be pretty good - but it has been completely destroyed by ultra liberal idiotic policies, regulations, and ideologies.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ort/384853002/

Quote:
Here's a nugget that won't make the welcome pamphlet: California has the worst quality of life in America.

At least that's what U.S. News & World Report's most-recent Best States rankings say. The Golden State ranked 50th in quality of life by fairing poorly in the natural and social environment categories.
Care to explain why?

I keep trying to tell the left and CA freaks who "luuuuuuuuuv the environment" that allowing all of these illegals into the country is a huge burden on natural resources. Air quality, (and it is FILTHY here), water quality, traffic, congestion, more land being taken from nature and used for homes, etc are all major problems that CA has.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:21 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Bush 1 and 2 sure seemed to make the highest prices ever. Bush 1 back in 1991 with his failed war and highest oil prices ever back in 1991 and Bush 2 with his two failed wars and the highest oil prices in 08.
The highest gas prices in history according to this chart was 2011, 2012 and 2013. I don't credit or blame the president, whoever the president may be at the time, for gas prices.

GAS PRICES THROUGH HISTORY

Old 06-11-2019, 12:24 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm considering that this is the price for gasoline in California. That's the only state where I've seen gas prices that high.
Yes, it's $3.69 where I live as of yesterday. It went down 6 cents from $3.75 a week or so ago.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:26 PM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Bush 1 and 2 sure seemed to make the highest prices......
https://www.inflationdata.com/inflat...tion_chart.htm

Here, let me help you substitute real data for your "feelings".

Old 06-11-2019, 12:28 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Both Bushes came from oil rich states and both started fake wars to spike up oil prices.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:30 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
The highest gas prices in history according to this chart was 2011, 2012 and 2013. I don't credit or blame the president, whoever the president may be at the time, for gas prices.

GAS PRICES THROUGH HISTORY
Here in Phoenix, the prices in June and July of 2008 were about 40 cents per gallon higher than the 2011 peak. We averaged $4.32/gallon here in 6/08 and 7/08; while we peaked in the low $3.90's in May 2011 before a big decline over the summer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies