Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 06:44 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
What does a helicopter pilot know about infantry service? This is nothing more than PC gone amok and it’s going to hurt our Military capability down the road.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/1st-woman...150916046.html
No it isn’t.

You’ve just found something to shroud your sexism as.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 10:16 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well. at the level of command she is at (a star ain't no Twinky thing) her ability to lead various different outfits shouldn't be in question. I have to admit that a ROTC commission doesn't hold the same weight for me as academy or OCS (unfortunately mustang officers are a thing of the past) but at her level she is not operating on the ground.

In a combat situation happening live she would not be calling the shots on troop maneuvers, placement of reinforcements, and things of that nature. She may approve such things in the end and have responsibility for the results but a full bird down to a Captain would be the one requesting where and how to deploy them. Besides, I'm sure that she has training and education in both conventional and asymmetrical combat tactics and is intelligent enough to listen to her unit commanders.

I don't think she is going to be picking her staff and will be working with the people who have been there. I highly doubt she will be bringing a horde of medical or aviation types over with her. And as far as command at division level of a medical unit, she has no medical degree as a doctor. Medical is a different world. More akin to running a huge hospital in which case I would indeed doubt her ability with a combat force.

I believe she will do fine, BUT with that said I don't know a lot of particulars here.Military command at this level can indeed have a lot of politics involved and I have no idea what such things might be in play. I guess we'll find out as time goes by.
well said, .. makes perfect sense.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies