Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 04:26 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times

Advertisements

l
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Just a heads up because the idiots at the state of New York only give out certificate of birth registration rather than birth certificates, you would have to get one for Real ID or a passport. I think both honestly. Why New York does this, perhaps because they are idiots or perhaps they are money grubbing whores. Also the certificates take 15 days to process before they are shipped. Just my experience because I was born there. When I showed up with the certificate of birth registration my mother had at the city clerk office, I was told I didn't have the right paperwork but apparently it was a common enough issue...
When I applied for my Real ID in Florida I gave them my Passport, which I had gotten in NY in 2004. At the time the Passport Office in NY did not like my VERY short form (no parents names) NYC BC with raised seal issued 4 years after my birth in 1952 (Dad gave VA original BC which they lost), but they took it because I had an expired Passport from 1969 issued in NY.

When I applied for Social Security, they would not take my BC or Passport. I had to apply for a new copy of my bc online ($25) from NYC. Yes, took about 2 weeks from NYC to Florida. This one did list my parents names as parent #1 and parent #2.

When we moved to PA., I had to show all of this proof all over again and it was NOT for a Real ID Driver's License.

Last edited by Jo48; 07-01-2019 at 04:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 07:21 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
l

When I applied for my Real ID in Florida I gave them my Passport, which I had gotten in NY in 2004. At the time the Passport Office in NY did not like my VERY short form (no parents names) NYC BC with raised seal issued 4 years after my birth in 1952 (Dad gave VA original BC which they lost), but they took it because I had an expired Passport from 1969 issued in NY.

When I applied for Social Security, they would not take my BC or Passport. I had to apply for a new copy of my bc online ($25) from NYC. Yes, took about 2 weeks from NYC to Florida. This one did list my parents names as parent #1 and parent #2.

When we moved to PA., I had to show all of this proof all over again and it was NOT for a Real ID Driver's License.
Yeah I have the short form certificate of birth registration. For Real ID or passport, that isn't what can work. I would have to go through the NY department of health pay $53 ($45 for the certificate itself and $8 for fees) and wait 15-20 BUSINESS days to get it then.get it shipped air for $15 for me to have it so I can submit it ASAP (likely towards the end of the month) because the city clerk's off closes at 4 and in August my job will switch to a 4:15 PM shift end.

Old 07-04-2019, 12:53 AM

1,065 posts, read 471,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
We have the right to freely travel within the USA by any means available, including domestic flights, IMO.
Why do you think you have this right?

Old 07-04-2019, 07:42 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgorilla View Post
Why do you think you have this right?
I already admitted I was wrong about that, thanks.

Old 07-04-2019, 11:05 AM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
In South Carolina the difference between a DL with RealID and a DL without RealID is one single piece of mail showing your address. Regular DL wants one piece of mail, RealID DL wants two pieces of mail.

One single piece of mail is what can classify you as a potential terrorist and not allowed to fly on planes.

I'm in the process of getting my SC license. And it doesn't matter that the current DL I have already has that star on it which meant I already jumped through the hoops in my previous state not 3 months ago. Doesn't matter...I have to do it all over again.

How the heck are these illegals getting DL's when they have NO paperwork ?

Old 07-04-2019, 11:49 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
And yet, illegal aliens are allowed to fly without anything.
And it's racist to want people to have a voter ID when voting. Geez can these people make up their minds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies