Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 10:10 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,080,222 times

Advertisements

Real ID driver license does not apply to illegal alien asylum seeker. All they have to show is their 'notice to appear'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 10:37 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,652,719 times
Get a passport. It's the best ID you can have.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:46 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
And yet, illegal aliens are allowed to fly without anything.
You have to remember, according to Dems, illegal aliens are a special class, so much more worthy of special treatment than American citizens.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:07 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,524,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You have a source for that because I think that's a whoppa.
They only have to show a form they get at border showing they are seeking asylum. No ID, No birth certificate, etc.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:09 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,524,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Seriously? Prove it - link please.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...cSrPbP&ampcf=1

Old 06-12-2019, 03:33 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I still have it, good for me; but what about the probable (math) amount of people that cannot produce the "proof" needed? An original birth certificate? Really? Just to renew a valid license so you could fly within your own country?

Apparently the new law is you need to present birth certificate(or some other proof of citizenship) in person for renewal of CDL. A few years back I lost my birth certificate in a fire, $20 and few minutes to obtain a new one. It's a PITA but you only need to do it once if you don't have one.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:56 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I have to renew my drivers license this year. Ok, I've done that a few times before. No big deal, right?

WRONG!

Now, you must provide your papers if you want to fly DOMESTCIALLY, as in, within the USA!

So, I'm responsible to provide the following PROOF of my existence to the State of NY; after all these years LIVING HERE, to hop a flight to Florida?

Well, I guess so...

"...You have completed DMV’s document guide.
You are eligible for REAL ID

Bring the following documents with you to a DMV office:

Federal or NY State W-2
Must show name and current NY State address.

My NY State License/ID with current NY State address
Must be current or not expired for more than 2 years.
An interim (paper MV-1) license will not be accepted.

Bank Statement
Must show name and current NY State address. Must be issued within 120 days of your DMV office visit. Electronic versions must be printed.

Pay Stub
Must show name and current NY State address. Must be issued within 120 days of your DMV office visit. Electronic versions must be printed.

U.S. Birth Certificate
Must be original or certified. Must be issued by a state or local government. Must show full middle name if applicable...."

WHAT!?!?

That wreaks of Un~Constitutional BS! I'm not sure if similar measures are being implemented in other states, but they're here.

https://process.dmv.ny.gov/documentg.../checklist.cfm
Everyone keeps asking for the USA to crack down on Muslim or Spanish people that might be illegal or "look illegal" boarding planes. So that is what they did. When you ask for freedoms to be taken from some Americans what your really asking is to remove those freedoms from ALL Americans. The government will apply restrictions across the board, does not matter who it was meant to target.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:18 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Everyone keeps asking for the USA to crack down on Muslim or Spanish people that might be illegal or "look illegal" boarding planes. So that is what they did. When you ask for freedoms to be taken from some Americans what your really asking is to remove those freedoms from ALL Americans. The government will apply restrictions across the board, does not matter who it was meant to target.
I didn't ask for any of this BS! Why do you go for the identity political view of this?

Old 06-12-2019, 05:23 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Ive had to do this since forever here in NJ. PITA.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:42 AM

37,219 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/107-2001/s313

Here is the patriot act, along with whom renewed it and the voting behind it.

This bill only had 1 vote against it.

If you are truly interested in these policies you're going to have to admit you have a serious bias problem. Maybe a 12-step partisanship program.
Politicians vote, not out of altruism or personal conviction, but because their large donors (mainly) and most vocal constituents demand it. After 9/11, W began the "War on Terror". Daily color coded warnings were issued, and a lot of wealthy people saw an oppportunity to monitize the fear. This began as a solely republican undertaking. The Patriot Act was just another offshoot.

That may be why when W was first told of the attacks, he reputedly claimed "I hit the trifecta!"

Read about it here:

How Bush Hit the 'Trifecta' on 9/11--and the Public Lost Big-Time

And here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Terror
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies