Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 05:51 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Everyone keeps asking for the USA to crack down on Muslim or Spanish people that might be illegal or "look illegal" boarding planes. So that is what they did. When you ask for freedoms to be taken from some Americans what your really asking is to remove those freedoms from ALL Americans. The government will apply restrictions across the board, does not matter who it was meant to target.
Precisely. Hence, we ended up with the TSA, Homeland Security, and the Patriot Act, courtesy George W. Bush. America is now enjoying the "freedom from fear" it begged for.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Ben Franklin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 06:21 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You have to remember, according to Dems, illegal aliens are a special class, so much more worthy of special treatment than American citizens.

You understand that Trump has been President for two and half years now right?
If this is happening, it's happening under his watch.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-...identification

Old 06-12-2019, 06:53 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
It's no big deal at all. Funny you should start this thread because I just went to renew my license and switch it to the new one at the DMV this morning. It's no big deal - just bring a few forms of ID eg Bank statement with your address, your social security card, your drivers license, your passport.
I didn't bring my birth certificate, your passport will suffice I think. There is a choice of valid things you can bring. The online guide takes you through it.

Easy peasy.

Make an appointment or turn up at 8am before the crowds. They take a new photo and do the easy eye test. You will be in and out.
Not so easy peasy. Here in NC, your full middle name must be spelled out on at least one form of ID proof to get your "Real ID." Well, I have not one single ID document in my married name with my full middle name spelled out on it. Not my US passport, not my previous DL, not my SS card. Not any of my tax forms. Nothing. All had only my middle initial. I had to get a certified copy of my marriage certificate (from 35 years ago) paired with my birth certificate to prove what my full middle name is.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I have to renew my drivers license this year. Ok, I've done that a few times before. No big deal, right?

WRONG!

Now, you must provide your papers if you want to fly DOMESTCIALLY, as in, within the USA!

So, I'm responsible to provide the following PROOF of my existence to the State of NY; after all these years LIVING HERE, to hop a flight to Florida?

Well, I guess so...

"...You have completed DMV’s document guide.
You are eligible for REAL ID

Bring the following documents with you to a DMV office:

Federal or NY State W-2
Must show name and current NY State address.

My NY State License/ID with current NY State address
Must be current or not expired for more than 2 years.
An interim (paper MV-1) license will not be accepted.

Bank Statement
Must show name and current NY State address. Must be issued within 120 days of your DMV office visit. Electronic versions must be printed.

Pay Stub
Must show name and current NY State address. Must be issued within 120 days of your DMV office visit. Electronic versions must be printed.

U.S. Birth Certificate
Must be original or certified. Must be issued by a state or local government. Must show full middle name if applicable...."

WHAT!?!?

That wreaks of Un~Constitutional BS! I'm not sure if similar measures are being implemented in other states, but they're here.

https://process.dmv.ny.gov/documentg.../checklist.cfm
Buy or make your own plane and be free from all that crap. Liberty allows you to buy or make what government denies.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:00 AM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The only difference here is that for a long time they'd give out drivers licenses with very little solid documentation and so there were a lot of fakes out there.

This process tightens up the verification that you actually are whom your license says.
States like CA hand out DL to illegals pretty much like a prize in cracker jacks so using a DL for an ID is about as worthless as it can get.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:01 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Precisely. Hence, we ended up with the TSA, Homeland Security, and the Patriot Act, courtesy George W. Bush. America is now enjoying the "freedom from fear" it begged for.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Ben Franklin

Full agreement.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:04 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
NJ DMV has had those requirements for a long time.

As to showing your drivers license to fly?

Meh. I have to show it to buy a beer, so what’s the big deal about showing it to fly?

Old 06-12-2019, 07:05 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
I have to renew my drivers license this year. Ok, I've done that a few times before. No big deal, right?

WRONG!

Now, you must provide your papers if you want to fly DOMESTCIALLY, as in, within the USA!

So, I'm responsible to provide the following PROOF of my existence to the State of NY; after all these years LIVING HERE, to hop a flight to Florida?

Well, I guess so...

"...You have completed DMV’s document guide.
You are eligible for REAL ID

Bring the following documents with you to a DMV office:

Federal or NY State W-2
Must show name and current NY State address.

My NY State License/ID with current NY State address
Must be current or not expired for more than 2 years.
An interim (paper MV-1) license will not be accepted.

Bank Statement

Pay Stub

U.S. Birth Certificate
Must be original or certified. Must be issued by a state or local government. Must show full middle name if applicable...."

WHAT!?!?

That wreaks of Un~Constitutional BS! I'm not sure if similar measures are being implemented in other states, but they're here.

https://process.dmv.ny.gov/documentg.../checklist.cfm
And yet, I simply don’t care about this.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:08 AM

9,858 posts, read 7,729,352 times
Quote:
Where was that? I'm forced to present the same birth certificate that I did in 1986.

I still have it, good for me; but what about the probable (math) amount of people that cannot produce the "proof" needed? An original birth certificate? Really? Just to renew a valid license so you could fly within your own country?

This has to be legally addressed.
I went through most of this about 8 years ago when I moved to a new state. I also needed proof of every name change. I had to order a few documents online from the counties I used to live in.

So here comes the Real ID and time to renew and my state says to check online to see if we already have copies of all your proof. They have none of mine, lucky me, so I am gathering it all again to go in and see if I have everything to renew.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:11 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
NJ DMV has had those requirements for a long time.

As to showing your drivers license to fly?

Meh. I have to show it to buy a beer, so what’s the big deal about showing it to fly?
Yeah, that's never been a hassle, but now I have to get "Real ID" if I want to fly. To get "Real ID", I must provide over the top proof that I exist. That's BS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies