Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 07:23 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,735,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
It’s completely reckless to make a statement like he did. There is a big difference between saying we will increase funding and focus on finding a cure and making a campaign promise to actually cure cancer if elected.

By the way, we all know that there are people being cured of cancer. The issue is there are quite a few different types of cancers and even the cells within the same cancer in a patient can differ. That’s why there is no one cure available for all cancers. While so many advancements have been made on cancer treatments and cures for certain types of cancers, there certainly no cure for “cancer” seen in the near future.
Mostly is reveals that Biden has no understanding of what cancer is, or what is the state of progress being made in treating it. The massive worldwide research effort will continue, important steps will be taken, but the chances of a magic bullet "cure" happening during a Biden administration are essentially zero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 07:24 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,856,006 times
You have to love Biden's snake oil salesman approach.
Just buy my elixir and you will buy the fountain of youth. Only my elixir can cure cancer. How do these scum bags even look at themselves in the mirror? How can anyone even support such a liar?

Old 06-12-2019, 07:34 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,431,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
You have to love Biden's snake oil salesman approach.
Just buy my elixir and you will buy the fountain of youth. Only my elixir can cure cancer. How do these scum bags even look at themselves in the mirror? How can anyone even support such a liar?
It works well for Trump! I'm not seeing the problem you're having with your faux outrage at being lied to. You should be used to it by now.

https://www.politifact.com/personali...yruling/false/

Old 06-12-2019, 07:43 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,856,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
It works well for Trump! I'm not seeing the problem you're having with your faux outrage at being lied to. You should be used to it by now.

https://www.politifact.com/personali...yruling/false/
I dont like Trump either. Please show me a post I have made supporting Trump's lies? But I am a cancer survivor and I do take it personally when a scum bag like Biden makes promises he knows damned well he can't deliver on.

As you have demonstrated in the post I respond to, you evidently have no issue with our elected reps blatantly lying to you. That's the problem with party hardliners. They are only willing to hold the other side accountable.

Obama lied they said he mis-stated or he was taken out of context or what he really meant was..... No he lied like a rug.

Trump lies and his followers say He made a mistake or its fake news.

In this case. Joe the sniffer Biden lied. He doesn't have a cure for cancer. A cure isn't dependent upon his becoming president and he knows this. What he can work on however, is a cure for old perverts like him, Clinton, and Trump who like to grope and sniff. In fact we have one. Chemical castration. Do a couple old politicians like Biden and we might see the old bastids keep their hands to themselves. Let me guess you are in the group that believes Joe sniffing hair is just an attempt to make them feel at ease?

Old 06-12-2019, 08:08 PM

20,023 posts, read 8,913,884 times
I'd like to put in a shout out to Al Gore for inventing the internet. Without Al, where would we be? Now Joe has this wonderful idea to cure cancer and has pledged he will.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:24 AM

23,658 posts, read 13,854,634 times
To any politician who claims that they will do such and such, A and B.

A: Don't just make the claim but tell me how you are going to do it.

B: When Pakistan exploded their atomic bomb, the western world was taken by surprise. "Why?" Pakistan said, "We told you about when we were running for office.". "Oh," the West said, "around here, no one keeps their campaign promises.".

Old 06-13-2019, 10:22 AM

12,920 posts, read 13,611,483 times
Hows that beautiful coal comeback going? These campaign promises are aspirations at best. Most rational people know living with a serious disease is more than enough to hope for. Sometimes I forget that Magic Johnson still has Aids.

Too bad all Trump could think of was coal as something for the nation to hope for. Who cares about coal anymore, every one thinks about cancer, Trump loses big on this one.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:32 AM

30,023 posts, read 18,596,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I'd like to put in a shout out to Al Gore for inventing the internet. Without Al, where would we be? Now Joe has this wonderful idea to cure cancer and has pledged he will.

If Joe wins the presidency, at least he will provide as much entertainment as AOC.

I think we can kiss goodbye any firm action in trade talks with the Chinese, as Joe is bought and sold by them. Perhaps we can bid higher and have him represent the US instead. I hope he is not legally obligated to stick with his Chinese deal, or that there is an expiration date.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:33 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,274,877 times
About as believable as Trump telling us windmills cause cancer. Unfortunately, old white borderline senile men are what this country wants in the oval office for now

Old 06-13-2019, 10:43 AM

23,185 posts, read 12,303,428 times
As technology advances so will advances in treatments, such as the one that was publicly announced Wednesday. It's not a magic bullet cure but it is a better treatment than what they previously had. Right now it is for certain types of blood cancers but with more research and testing it may also be a good treatment for other types of cancers. The kudos for treatments such as this goes to the dedicated researchers, not to the likes of Biden, Obama, Clinton or even Trump.

Quote:
Oklahoma doctors on Wednesday unveiled what they call a revolutionary new treatment for cancer patients.

The treatment harnesses the body’s own immune cells to fight tumors, and it will be offered starting Thursday at the Stephenson Cancer Center at OU Medicine.
https://www.koco.com/article/major-b...jf4vv_Kq2YZl30

Biden, "you didn't build that".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies