Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 07:28 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,412 times

Advertisements

LGBT have the same exact constitutional rights as anyone else....what they’re in a twist about is Trump isn’t inclined to support any laws extending special rights above and beyond what any other citizen enjoys......be whatever you want to be, identify however you wish.....doesn’t entitle you to any special rights, privileges or whatever....and no one is obligated to accept, enable or support whatever lifestyle you’ve chosen.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-adminis...192858751.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 07:57 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
It is interesting how the LGBTQ community is getting twisted up over Trump. He has been the best president in the last 4 or 5 for the community.
Not only did he address them and his support for them in his inauguration speech , his administration is launching a global campaign to decriminalize homosexuality.
As far as his push back on the Equality Act , even though I'm basically not a supporter of religion, one group should not loose rights in order for another to gain them.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...uality-n973081

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3731197002/

Old 06-12-2019, 08:15 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
It is interesting how the LGBTQ community is getting twisted up over Trump. He has been the best president in the last 4 or 5 for the community.
Not only did he address them and his support for them in his inauguration speech , his administration is launching a global campaign to decriminalize homosexuality.
As far as his push back on the Equality Act , even though I'm basically not a supporter of religion, one group should not loose rights in order for another to gain them.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...uality-n973081

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3731197002/
What right would religion lose if LGBT has the same protections under the civil rights act that they do?
Religious belief is already covered, people can not be fired because of their religious belief in fact businesses must make reasonable accommodations for those with religious beliefs. I can be fired from my job or kicked out of housing or refused service in a business because I am LGBT, but a person can't be fired, lose housing, or be denied services based on their religious beliefs.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:21 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Trump is good to this community. I think some of the opposition here is coming from Pence. But, overall, the Trump administration has not treated lgbt any worse than previous presdents, including the first few years under Obama.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:23 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
LGBT have the same exact constitutional rights as anyone else....what they’re in a twist about is Trump isn’t inclined to support any laws extending special rights above and beyond what any other citizen enjoys......be whatever you want to be, identify however you wish.....doesn’t entitle you to any special rights, privileges or whatever....and no one is obligated to accept, enable or support whatever lifestyle you’ve chosen.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-adminis...192858751.html

The first President to mention the LGBT lifestyle in his Presidential acceptance speech
The first President to appoint an openly gay person, as an Ambassador (to Germany)
The first and only President, that has committed to wipe out AIDS, worldwide
The first and only President to declare equal rights and treatment of the LGBT lifestyle, worldwide.

But you lunatics keep pushing he hates the LGBT's

The LGBT's, are no more special than Hetero's
Equality, has no privilege.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:33 AM

1,134 posts, read 404,885 times
Obama said he believed marriage should only be between a man & a woman. According to what I read a while back he said he was not in favor of gay marriages but later flipped when the impact on voters became apparent. I'll see if I can find that again somewhere. Interesting if nothing else.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:38 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRacer View Post
Obama said he believed marriage should only be between a man & a woman. According to what I read a while back he said he was not in favor of gay marriages but later flipped when the impact on voters became apparent. I'll see if I can find that again somewhere. Interesting if nothing else.
The masks came off and the real intentions revealed.
Evil people forcing themselves down your throat.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:43 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Trump is good to this community. I think some of the opposition here is coming from Pence. But, overall, the Trump administration has not treated lgbt any worse than previous presdents, including the first few years under Obama.
Obama repealed the transgender ban, Trump put the ban back into effect.
Trump has come out against the equality act.
Trump signed an EO that allows medical professionals to deny medical treatment because someone is LGBT. Trump ended visas for non married gay diplomats to have their partners with them, some countries do not allow SSM.
Trump admin cut funding for AIDS research.
Trump admin has new policy stating transgender Americans would not be guaranteed health care protections under the Affordable Care Act.
Trump admin now allows adoption agencies to deny people because they are LGBT.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:45 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
What right would religion lose if LGBT has the same protections under the civil rights act that they do?
Religious belief is already covered, people can not be fired because of their religious belief in fact businesses must make reasonable accommodations for those with religious beliefs. I can be fired from my job or kicked out of housing or refused service in a business because I am LGBT, but a person can't be fired, lose housing, or be denied services based on their religious beliefs.
Read the article, second link.

Not sure where you work at but maybe change is in order, the company I work for can not and will not fire you for being gay, trans, whatever. We've (and many other companies here in MI) actually maintained a perfect score on the Corporate Equality Index administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.

https://www.hrc.org/resources/corpor...iteria-updates

Old 06-12-2019, 08:51 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRacer View Post
He was for same sex marriage before he ran for statewide office in Illinois. To get that seat he switched to against it even though his pastor Reverend Wright and his church home were for it. With reelection almost a mathematical certainty Vice President Biden put out that President Obama was for it as he devolved to his previous political conversion position.

Everyone knew he was lying, perhaps even to himself about being against same sex marriage for that brief interlude period, but first get into office then you can do or bidding was in effect. And besides his opponent was also against same sex marriage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies