Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 03:04 PM

9,880 posts, read 7,209,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Promote tubal ligations and vasectomies and you won't have to worry about abortion. Planned Parenthood would lose a fortune though
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The abortion industry is scared to death, literally, of birth control.
Umm - Planned Parenthood performs tubal ligation and vasectomy procedures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 03:05 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Umm - Planned Parenthood performs tubal ligation and vasectomy procedures.
Actually, their big money maker is abortion.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:23 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
That is a terrible situation and I feel bad for all involved, but you do realize the difference between anecdotal evidence such as that and the numbers right? In reality, most of the children being aborted late-term are simply the result of non-caring mothers not wishing to be burdened by another human being in their lives. Do I get to kill you because I don't like you?
Third trimester abortions are about 1% of all abortions.
There are only 3 doctors in the US that do third trimester abortions.
Third trimester abortions are expensive.

Exactly what percentage of late term (third trimester) abortions are done for non medical reasons?

Old 06-12-2019, 03:24 PM

2,414 posts, read 2,987,535 times
Quote:
That is a terrible situation and I feel bad for all involved, but you do realize the difference between anecdotal evidence such as that and the numbers right? In reality, most of the children being aborted late-term are simply the result of non-caring mothers not wishing to be burdened by another human being in their lives. Do I get to kill you because I don't like you?
How do you define late term? Only about 1% of abortions are during the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. 3rd trimester abortions are not performed because the mothers are not caring.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:41 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
In Virginia you can abort the baby during delivery or let it die after a failed abortion.
How on earth can you abort during delivery????? The idea is nonsense.

If a baby is born with a life-threatening condition, such as anencephaly, yes, parents can make the decision to let the baby go.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:43 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
The bill is too long and difficult to understand.
Since you haven't read it and don't understand it, why are making claims about what it does?

Old 06-12-2019, 04:27 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
I keep reading on conservative websites how in NY a law has passed where if you have a baby and decide you don’t want it, it can be made comfortable until it dies. I just can’t fathom this is true and I lean conservative. I’m told it’s reported in the liberal media as it can only happen if the mother and the child are at risk but the actually law states differently.
The NY law allows abortions if:

The abortion occurs before the end of the 24th week of the pregnancy.
The abortion is "necessary to protect the patient's life or health."
There is an absence of "fetal viability," or the ability for the fetus to survive outside the womb.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com...do/2743142002/

So if you read someone saying otherwise, they are wrong. Including Trump and some on this forum.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:32 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
It pays to educate oneself on an issue before making blanket claims.
https://oversight.house.gov/planned-...fact-v-fiction

Old 06-12-2019, 04:58 PM

662 posts, read 313,250 times
Conservatives just flat out lie about the realities of abortion. They will listen to any RWNJ that spouts off random horror stories about abortion and they usually are willing to believe the worst claims with no actual evidence.

I'm not fully pro-life or pro-choice. But I don't think a bunch of politicians should be standing in between a woman and her doctor ESPECIALLY when the mother's health is on the line. I was very pro-life for most of my life and thought late term abortions were unjustifiable and horrific, essentially murder. Then I actually read stories by women and couples who had to get late term abortions and realized I never understood because I had been indoctrinated by right wing anti-abortion rhetoric.

One woman was pregnant and the fetus' heart was entangled in the intestines. Zero chance of survival outside the womb, no surgeries or procedures existed to save the baby. She had been adamantly pro-life and suddenly was hit with the reality that she could have a late term abortion, or risk carrying a baby with zero chance of survival and risk her own life/health just to deliver a dead baby. She got the abortion and was targeted/harassed by anti-abortion activists every time she visited the clinic. So not only did she have to suffer the loss of her baby, she was harassed by idiots who didn't want her to even have a choice to save her own health.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:13 PM

9,880 posts, read 7,209,711 times
Quote:
Can you provide a link confirming that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies