Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should a presidential candidate alert the FBI to foreign adversaries trying to give them “dirt” on t
Yes 153 81.38%
No 35 18.62%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 03:17 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

Senator Chuck Grassley weighs in:
"I'm a little astonished at the outrage that I've heard here," said Sen. Chuck Grassley. "Hillary Clinton, the DNC paid a foreign spy to gather information from Russia. I didn't hear any outrage. Now lately, the news come out that at people working for a Democratic candidate trying to get information from the Ukraine, which is a foreign country. I think the bottom line of it is that whether you're a Republican campaign or Democratic campaign, you've got to be very protective of making sure that you don't do anything that enhances a goal of a foreign national or a foreign country."
Right on, Chuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 03:20 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Senator Chuck Grassley weighs in:
"I'm a little astonished at the outrage that I've heard here," said Sen. Chuck Grassley. "Hillary Clinton, the DNC paid a foreign spy to gather information from Russia. I didn't hear any outrage. Now lately, the news come out that at people working for a Democratic candidate trying to get information from the Ukraine, which is a foreign country. I think the bottom line of it is that whether you're a Republican campaign or Democratic campaign, you've got to be very protective of making sure that you don't do anything that enhances a goal of a foreign national or a foreign country."
Right on, Chuck.
Hillary Clinton, the DNC paid a foreign spy to gather information from Russia.

that episode is conveniently forgotten.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:21 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,157 times
So, collusion ?

Old 06-13-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Hillary Clinton, the DNC paid a foreign spy to gather information from Russia.

that episode is conveniently forgotten.
Hillary Clinton and the Democrats actually did it. Trump and the Republicans did not. It is that straight forward.

Fortunately we have a real AG who is apparently looking into these matters now that the Mueller investigation is over and Trump has been effectively cleared of these false accusations.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:23 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,931 times
So why aren’t the Republicans willing to put it down that ANYONE going forward that gets information from foreign powers has to report it to FBI?

I don’t give a crap if it’s a Democrat or Republican we should all be ok with passing that this is NOT ok nor tolerated now and in the future.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:24 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I hope Trump supporters realize that this president is setting the bar so low for the future. Don't you people understand that this door can swing both ways & unfortunately we may see this behavior again now that it seems to be "normal"?
I just don't get the loyalty to this man.
Remember when he said he could shoot someone on 5th ave & still be elected? I am beginning to believe his supporters truly would look the other way....
Absolutely, they will have very little room to talk about the next democrat president on anything. I can't imagine anybody worst than what we have in there now. With all the things he have said and his silly antics. I'm ready for decency, honor, and respectability to return to the WH, and not a clown show everyday.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Hillary Clinton and the Democrats actually did it. Trump and the Republicans did not. It is that straight forward.

Forunately we have a real AG who is apparently looking into these matters now that the Mueller investigation is over and effectively cleared Trump.
Please read the Mueller report, it did NOT clear the President.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
So why aren’t the Republicans willing to put it down that ANYONE going forward that gets information from foreign powers has to report it to FBI?

I don’t give a crap if it’s a Democrat or Republican we should all be ok with passing that this is NOT ok nor tolerated now and in the future.
Why aren't Democrats willing to do that is the more relevant question.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Why aren't Democrats willing to do that is the more relevant question.
Hmm let’s see the Democrats just try to pass that in the Senate and McConnell blocked it. Now ask yourself why?

Old 06-13-2019, 03:29 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Biden would report it to the FBI as every other presidential candidate before Trump would have done. Only a Trumper would think otherwise.
Sure. While simultaneously "leaking" it to the press.

We all know this, why pretend otherwise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies