Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 08:42 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
ALL of our stated goals were accomplished.
Mission accomplished! Where have I heard that before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 08:44 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I take it that means you retract your claim that Kerry ran on the war being a mistake?

Kinda his job, but come to think of it, you're probably right.
His job is president. Managing a war is a task delegated to others. Damn you are not too bright.
FDR never "ran" ww2.
He delegated that to patton, eisenhower, macarthur.

Old 07-10-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Mission accomplished! Where have I heard that before?
You saying it wasnt?

Old 07-10-2019, 08:51 PM

Oh what am I thinking. Declaring an American war won is impossible for leftists.
Support the troops for you people means labelling them as baby killers and telling them the mission they lost their legs, a buddy, or part of their mind for, was a lie just so you can gain political capital at the expense of their and the nation's dignity. It boggles the mind how you cannot see how destructive your self defeatist attitudes are, yet gain you nothing.
George W. Bush happily went home to retire in Texas and doesnt care what you think.
Another poster said the Saudis werent worth 4500 lives, he is part of that problem, telling their families their sacrifices were worthless. Those soldiers died protecting our way of life and standard of living, ensuring our economy is not held hostage to the whims of a mad dictator. I think that was worth something, just as I did in 1979 when a fanatical Islamic regime took 52 americans hostage so I joined the Navy hoping if war broke out I could be in a position to make a contribution.

Last edited by phinneas j. whoopee; 07-10-2019 at 09:03 PM..

Old 07-10-2019, 09:01 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Oh what am I thinking. Declaring an American war won is impossible for leftists.
Support the troops for you people means labelling them as baby killers and telling them the mission they lost their legs, a buddy, or part of their mind for, was a lie just so you can gain political capital at the expense of their and the nation's dignity.
Would you consider Tucker Carlson a "leftist"? I recently saw Carlson interview John Bolton and ask him about his support for the Iraq invasion. Carlson said the invasion of Iraq was a "disaster". Bolton argued that it was a "resounding success". Looks to me that it's not just leftists who think the Iraq invasion was a disaster.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:20 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Republicans area unable to admit their mistakes, and the reason is simple: They make so many of them. In fact, when your sole intent, as a political party, is to enrich the most wealthy by ripping people off, it becomes impossible to disguise this over time, and perhaps Iraq is the most glaring example, the deadliest and most disastrous of all their mistakes in the 21st century, and they simply cannot admit it was an absolute, utter disaster, and the worst part is it should have never happened.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:22 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Most people cannot think for themselves and are brainwashed by conservative media like Foxnews.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:32 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Why were we attacked on 9/11? Have you read al qaedas 1998 fatwa?
All that money gone. Is that in todays dollars or your alternate reality dollars when we backed down, sanctions ended, and with the combined oil exploration assets of france, russia, and china, the last high pressure light sweet crude oil fields on earth flood the world petroleum markets selling in euros? When Saddam walks into KSA and the people overthrow the royals?
Do you know where the dollar would be now?
Curious: did you serve in the Iraq War? Have you served in any war?

Old 07-11-2019, 02:55 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Support the troops for you people means labelling them as baby killers and telling them the mission they lost their legs, a buddy, or part of their mind for, was a lie just so you can gain political capital at the expense of their and the nation's dignity. It boggles the mind how you cannot see how destructive your self defeatist attitudes are, yet gain you nothing.
George W. Bush happily went home to retire in Texas and doesnt care what you think.
Another poster said the Saudis werent worth 4500 lives, he is part of that problem, telling their families their sacrifices were worthless. Those soldiers died protecting our way of life and standard of living, ensuring our economy is not held hostage to the whims of a mad dictator. I think that was worth something, just as I did in 1979 when a fanatical Islamic regime took 52 americans hostage so I joined the Navy hoping if war broke out I could be in a position to make a contribution.
George W. Bush is living out his life in exile on a fake ranch for a good reason. Iraq wasn`t even a threat to their own neighbors let alone the U.S. The ultimate drive for political capital was dragging around the bodies of the 4 who were killed at Benghazi for no other reason than destroying Hillary Clinton. The people who were responsible for over 20,000 casualties in Iraq got a free pass. They were protecting our "way of life"?

Old 07-12-2019, 10:11 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
His job is president. Managing a war is a task delegated to others. Damn you are not too bright.
FDR never "ran" ww2.
He delegated that to patton, eisenhower, macarthur.
Dear Lord. War is a political activity.

No, neither GWB nor FDR moved units around. But the leadership of the US Armed Forces - being professional - is going to ask for the strategic goals to be implemented, and those are laid out by politicians. GWB presumably had a political goal with going to war, some post-war situation that better served the US' interests.

The buck stops - where? (Well, in the case of Republican presidents, somewhere else, but we knew that.) You think the US occupation forces didn't take orders from Paul Bremer?

(Also, please - Patton?)

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 07-12-2019 at 11:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies