Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 10:36 AM

1,406 posts, read 800,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Government forcing women to bear children they can't afford and don't want is slavery.
This is just as ridiculous as saying government forcing parents to provide and care for children after they're born is slavery.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:37 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,953,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Government forcing women to bear children they can't afford and don't want is slavery.

The situation gets no better after birth.

Adoption? Get real. Over a hundred thousand children in foster care waiting to be adopted at this very moment.
Exactly. Pro-life people want to ban abortions but have no answers about what to do after all these kids are born. Because they will be born. They won't just disappear. Kids are expensive. Pro-lifers don't want them. They sure as hell don't want to pay for them. So I guess abortion shouldn't be outlawed after all. Right?

Old 06-13-2019, 10:38 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,846,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That does not answer my question at all.
It does but you are avoiding the logical answer... You are asking who should be responsible.... My reply tells you who should be...

Old 06-13-2019, 10:39 AM

62,878 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
The first step is the people involved should take the necessary precautions to avoid pregnancy.
The second is if they do get pregnant they should be responsible for the child.
Third if they either cannot or do not want the child the baby should be put up for adoption
Finally I am willing to pay the taxes to help when the parents cannot afford it.
I agree with all except for the third one. I'm not willing to pay the taxes to help irresponsible parents provide for their kids. Unfortunately, I'm being forced to.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:41 AM

62,878 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
That's ridiculous though. What about people that take necessary precautions and still end up pregnant by accident? Making them put the baby up for adoption is extreme.
What's your option then? Aborting them?

Old 06-13-2019, 10:44 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,253,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
This is just as ridiculous as saying government forcing parents to provide and care for children after they're born is slavery.
Calling it murder is ridiculous, and incriminates women. Very ridiculous.

Forcing your religious beliefs on others is as good as Sharia Law.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:45 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,611,270 times
I find the premise of the OP's question to be annoying. At its essence, what it's saying is that someone created a problem (by having children that they didn't want), yet it's someone else's fault (the pro-life community) for not committing vast amounts of money and time to fix it.

If you want to avoid having unwanted children, here's how you do it:

1. Don't have sex.
2. If you disregard No. 1, use protection.
3. If you disregard No. 2 (or it fails), consider re-ordering your life so that you can raise your child.
4. If you are unable or unwilling to do No. 3, put the child up for adoption.

The only real role that pro-lifers have in this sequence is No. 4, by advocating for improvements to the foster care and adoption systems. But to imply that we are somehow responsible for the unwanted children of others, simply because we don't want to see them killed, isn't right.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:45 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,781,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What's your option then? Aborting them?
It's not 'my' option, but abortion should be an option that is available, yes.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:46 AM
nng

695 posts, read 289,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Exactly. Pro-life people want to ban abortions but have no answers about what to do after all these kids are born. Because they will be born. They won't just disappear. Kids are expensive. Pro-lifers don't want them. They sure as hell don't want to pay for them. So I guess abortion shouldn't be outlawed after all. Right?
I totally agree with you. all those unwanted babies won't pay for themselves. Republicans are so foolish and so self righteous when it comes to abortion.
I mean, if necessary, would so called pro-lifers be okay with having their taxes raised to 50 to 60 percent to pay for millions of unwanted babies? I don't think so. I support keeping abortion legal because a women should have a right to control her own body, and as a society I don't think we can handle the millions of unwanted babies that would surely be born if this nation banned abortion completely. I mean, look what happened in Romania when ceausescu banned abortion completely. Thousands of children wound up in the states' care, languishing in awful conditions. I don't want that to happen here.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:48 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Republicans propose nothing after birth. Once that baby is born - they no longer care about it. This has been proven time and time again.

Hey, no skin off their nose if they force women to give birth. They just don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies