Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2019, 05:59 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Because black neighborhoods tend to be poor neighborhoods where there is need for no/low cost healthcare.

Good grief.......do you see deep dark conspiracies everywhere you look?

See this ...https://www.guttmacher.org/article/2...borhoods-false

The study shows that claim to be false.

Old 06-14-2019, 06:02 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,205 times
My main concern on this whole abortion issue is the women who use this as birth control. In this day and age there really is no excuse to get pregnant unless you want to. The majority of these abortions stem from having unprotected sex. Keep your legs closed if you don’t have protection and you won’t get pregnant.

Old 06-14-2019, 06:02 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Don't even get me started about the people who throw out the number of abortions that black women have, pretending to care about black babies and don't give a damn about black folks at all.

This. The have no concern about black people in any form and are quite quick to throw unfavorable stats about the black community in everyone's faces. But now, we're supposed to believe they care about the black population. They don't. What they're are attempting with this faux outrage is to claim - hey liberals, you don't seem to care that X amount of black fetuses are aborted so, you're racist too.

Old 06-14-2019, 06:31 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Yes I may have missed a post or two. Is the exception for you is more on the mental grounds for the woman, not so much for the developing fetus? Otherwise wouldn’t one fetus be on equal footing no matter how it was conceived?
I've posted my views on abortion and the exceptions for them so why do you keep drilling me with questions I have already answered? I notice that a few of your pro-abortion pals in here do the same thing to the point that I put them on ignore. There are cases where the mother's well being is more important. It's not that one fetus is not equal to another. Now you're just grasping at straws.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:26 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I've posted my views on abortion and the exceptions for them so why do you keep drilling me with questions I have already answered? I notice that a few of your pro-abortion pals in here do the same thing to the point that I put them on ignore. There are cases where the mother's well being is more important. It's not that one fetus is not equal to another. Now you're just grasping at straws.
Just asked a question as that’s what it seemed to sound like to me. You don’t have to answer if you find it frustrating.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:07 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
More than 19 million Black babies have been aborted since the 1973 Roe v. Wade U.S. Supreme Court decision legalized abortion in our country.
Black women have more unintended pregnancies due to geographic and financial (more likely to live in poverty) barriers to access for the more highly effective long acting methods. IUDs and implants cost more up front. Make them free and unintended pregnancies (and resulting abortions) drop.

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/acce...bortion-rates/

Old 06-14-2019, 09:13 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Just asked a question as that’s what it seemed to sound like to me. You don’t have to answer if you find it frustrating.
It is frustrating because it just seems that the pro-abortion crowd likes to keep needling and hammering away at us anti-abortionists. They are never satisfied with our replies so they keep coming up with more silly questions. I'm not even a hard nosed anti-abortionist at least I make exceptions for it and when I did you started comparing fetuses as being unequal based on my consideration for the mother under certain circumstances. You pro- abortionists want it all your way or the highway. Ever heard of compromise?

Old 06-14-2019, 09:19 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
It is frustrating because it just seems that the pro-abortion crowd likes to keep needling and hammering away at us anti-abortionists. They are never satisfied with our replies so they keep coming up with more silly questions. I'm not even a hard nosed anti-abortionist at least I make exceptions for it and when I did you started comparing fetuses as being unequal based on my consideration for the mother under certain circumstances. You pro- abortionists want it all your way or the highway. Ever heard of compromise?
You have said on multiple abortion threads now yet you keep coming back and participating. If you don't want your belief system questioned and debated, don't participate in these threads. Stop acting like a victim, it's a discussion board.

You also do the exact thing you complain about - you want it your way or the highway. You want no compromise. You prove time and time again that you want to punish women for having sex. Then you deny it. Then multiple people tell you it's true, that's what you're doing, because it's right there in your posts. You still deny it, and post something like this. It's becoming very predictable.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:23 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
You're repeating the same old lies again. Those who's birth control failed was mostly due to improper usage so it was their own fault. Thought you could sneak that one by us again?
I took birth control pills for years. Missed a few, too, usually due to irregularities in my daily schedule, despite being usually religious about taking them the same time every day. Fortunately I did not have any unplanned pregnancies but I could have easily done so.

You are demanding a level of perfect use that is not going to happen. Women plan, but life intervenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
My main concern on this whole abortion issue is the women who use this as birth control. In this day and age there really is no excuse to get pregnant unless you want to. The majority of these abortions stem from having unprotected sex. Keep your legs closed if you don’t have protection and you won’t get pregnant.
Half the women who seek abortion were using contraception in the cycle in which they conceived. They were trying to not get pregnant.

No woman is going to use abortion as her method of birth control. Who wants to spend several hundred dollars a pop on an abortion several times per year, not to mention the time lost and pain involved?

Old 06-14-2019, 09:31 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
What is the responsibility of men here? Women can "keep their legs closed" but will men be okay with never having sex unless a woman can almost 100% guarantee she won't get pregnant? It takes two, and hopefully two people who both want to have sex when they do. Why do people never mention the responsibility of men?

People preach abstinence but how many men, truly, would be okay with that? With never having sex?

Would you people also be okay with forcing men to pay child support? Have 50% custody? Pay for half the mother's medical expenses during pregnancy, including cost of the birth? Forced vasectomies to control men's bodies and reproductive freedom? Or is it only about women?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies