Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 11:09 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
There ARE no children to care about BEFORE they are born. So, there you go.
I never met a fetus that when grown up, said that they wish they were killed before birth... Let's stop with the semantics, the abortion act is killing a person whether you recognize that person or not doesn't matter because that person existed whether you wanted them to or not.... It's always easier to kill someone by claiming they aren't a real person.... Which is really what you are doing.. making it easier... For yourself...

Old 06-13-2019, 11:14 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I never met a fetus that when grown up, said that they wish they were killed before birth... Let's stop with the semantics, the abortion act is killing a person whether you recognize that person or not doesn't matter because that person existed whether you wanted them to or not.... It's always easier to kill someone by claiming they aren't a real person....
You've never met a suicidal person? And plenty of people have already committed suicide, sadly. Besides, you aren't answering my question. Which makes me suspect many anti abortion people don't think ahead. If (what they think) is their wish is magically granted, what will happen to all these unwanted kids? Who will pay for them? It costs about $250K to raise a child to adulthood if I remember correctly. Ready to open your wallet?

Old 06-13-2019, 11:15 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Child beggars

Old 06-13-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You've never met a suicidal person? And plenty of people have already committed suicide, sadly. Besides, you aren't answering my question. Which makes me suspect many anti abortion people don't think ahead. If (what they think) is their wish is magically granted, what will happen to all these unwanted kids? Who will pay for them? It costs about $250K to raise a child to adulthood if I remember correctly. Ready to open your wallet?
No I never had the unfortunate circumstance to meet a sucidical person... As far as I can tell they never start off suicidial at birth either... Electively doing something yourself is much different than having someone doing it and making that decision for you... You keep asking about money, is your obsession about saving $250,000 more important than someone's life... Is their life that little to you? If someone's lifetime health care cost more than $250k, should we let them die too?

Old 06-13-2019, 11:19 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Thank you for proving my point: that those of us who had nothing to do with unwanted children being created are being blamed for not cleaning up the mess made by others. News flash: I haven't caused anyone to have sex. I haven't prevented anyone from using protection. And I certainly have done nothing to make adoption more difficult. So how is it my fault that all these unwanted children are being born? And why am I expected to be the one to pay for it?
The pro-lifers who are against sex ed in schools.

The pro-lifers who preach abstinence as a valid solution to unwanted pregnancies.

The pro-lifers who want to close Planned Parenthoods that many women, especially poor women, depend on for BC education and BC.

The pro-lifers who do not want health insurance to cover BC prescriptions just like other prescriptions are covered.

In other words, the pro-lifers who like to make it harder to avoid unwanted pregnancies in the first place most definitely should be held responsible for the "mess"/unwanted children they helped create.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:20 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Thank you for proving my point: that those of us who had nothing to do with unwanted children being created are being blamed for not cleaning up the mess made by others. News flash: I haven't caused anyone to have sex. I haven't prevented anyone from using protection. And I certainly have done nothing to make adoption more difficult. So how is it my fault that all these unwanted children are being born? And why am I expected to be the one to pay for it?
For the same reason that societies as a whole are paying to cover the lost taxes from religious organizations who are tax exempt for everything they own from the church to the local liquor store (if applicable). How many groups from farmers to the rural poor are receiving help and were paying for it??

We all are paying for something and very often the same group that are trying to prevent the abortion option are the same groups who prevent sex education and free/reduced cost for protection methods to be obtained. Adoption is a great option for healthy Caucasian children but if the child is of mixed parentage or has some health concerns then the chances are they will become one of the 100k kids still in the system.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:23 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:

The pro-lifers who preach abstinence as a valid solution to unwanted pregnancies.

The pro-lifers who want to close Planned Parenthoods that many women, especially poor women, depend on for BC education and BC.

The pro-lifers who do not want health insurance to cover BC prescriptions just like other prescriptions are covered.

In other words, the pro-lifers who like to make it harder to avoid unwanted pregnancies in the first place most definitely should be held responsible for the "mess"/unwanted children they helped create.
You forgot they are also against any type of welfare or social safety net benefits, especially Medicaid.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:

False generalizations and stereotype don't strengthen your argument, it just makes you look like a bigot...

Old 06-13-2019, 11:29 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Abstinence is 100% effective in preventing unwanted pregnancies. I'm not aware of any other form of birth control that can make that claim.

What you're saying is that the urge to have sex is so powerful that it will overcome one's desire to not have children. Often times, this is certainly true, and only a fool or an ignoramus would argue otherwise. But that doesn't mean that abstinence shouldn't be promoted as an effective solution -- WHEN USED!! -- to the problem at hand.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:30 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:

Yep.

I see you live in Ohio. I’m sorry you have to deal with the fools wasting your tax dollars passing legislation that will never stand. Women should have the right to choose for whatever reason up until viability, but past that only if their life is at risk or the fetus is not viable.

The so called fetal “heartbeat” laws are crap. A 6 week old fetus has no working cardiovascular system. The “heartbeat” is a fetal pole “heartbeat” which is nothing more than electric activity. There’s no true heartbeat unless you subscribe to magical thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies