Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2019, 12:37 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

I asked what they did to earn money that they could stand outside the building day after day. Was this a paid gig?

They said no and that how they earned their money was their business.

Seemed that quite a few of them were on Disability. Strange that they could stand around shrieking at people but were too disabled to work.
Maybe the disability had to do with mental issues.

Old 06-15-2019, 12:50 PM

2,448 posts, read 892,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Obviously you didn't learn anything from the previous posts. You are judging, you do not care about the future child that you are forcing the woman to bear, you do not care about the drain that unwanted children will be to the system, especially in the states that have the most poverty--and that can't even help the people they already have.

What do you plan to do with the MEN who got the women pregnant? They didn't get pregnant by themselves? It's the men who usually want sex. Why don't you go after the men who get off free instead of punishing women? Actually, I don't think you have a plan but are just against everything.
How in the world are you a "moderator?" I've seen people here get posts struck down for this kind of post. If people oppose abortion they don't care about the future or about kids? Cultivate an ability to debate ideas rather than manufacture convenient caricatures to knock down.

"Drains on the system." Do you think about what you're actually saying? Do you hear yourself?

Old 06-15-2019, 12:53 PM

6,963 posts, read 2,696,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That does not answer my question at all.
Sure it does. The woman should be responsible for support until the child is 18 years old. Going forward they will think twice about who they sleep with.

Old 06-15-2019, 12:55 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Sure it does. The woman should be responsible for support until the child is 18 years old.
Nope, she shouldn't be forced to carry and birth it

Old 06-15-2019, 01:01 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Sure it does. The woman should be responsible for support until the child is 18 years old. Going forward they will think twice about who they sleep with.
Children as punishment for women with "loose" morals.

Gotta love some of these "pro lifers". From what I've seen, pro-choicers sure seem to care about children more.

Old 06-15-2019, 01:01 PM

6,963 posts, read 2,696,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Then the man shouldn't be forced to pay for it if she keeps it. See how that works?

Old 06-15-2019, 01:03 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I think we are dealing with people who are just haters, not opposed on principle, just woman haters. I've come across a few of these same posters again and again and they are always spewing mean spirited rants.

If anything, the man who gets the woman pregnant in the first place should pay support for 18 years. The woman will have more than enough to deal with if she has to go through pregnancy, probably loss of income and education, and taking care of a child she didn't want in the first place.

Paternity test and child support.

Old 06-15-2019, 01:04 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Except the United States is not a theocracy, so that poster and like poster's religious views shouldn't be able to hinder what a woman who is pregnant wants to do.
I agree completely. I understand the reasoning, just don’t agree life starts at conception

Old 06-15-2019, 01:11 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
How in the world are you a "moderator?" I've seen people here get posts struck down for this kind of post. If people oppose abortion they don't care about the future or about kids? Cultivate an ability to debate ideas rather than manufacture convenient caricatures to knock down.

"Drains on the system." Do you think about what you're actually saying? Do you hear yourself?
I see nothing wrong with that post. No personal attacks, nothing.

Old 06-15-2019, 01:17 PM

2,448 posts, read 892,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I see nothing wrong with that post. No personal attacks, nothing.
Right, stating that others don't care about kids or want them to be left destitute and starve all because those others don't agree with her position on abortion isn't a "personal attack." Well done.

And now from her followup post: "I think we are dealing with people who are just haters, not opposed on principle, just woman haters." Again, this is a freaking moderator! Unbelievable!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies