Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 12:49 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Few things:

a. "Young people" now means people up through their mid-twenties. That whole "science thing" again.
Ok, I see what your saying right there. Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
b. Why isn't marijuana for kids? I read here and other places about all the health benefits of marijuana and no deleterious effects from it. Why would you or anyone deprive children of "a plant" that begets so many positive health benefits? That doesn't make sense.
Well for medical conditions, it's the exception. For recreational use, that's another.

Quote:
c. You're correct: I've never consumed the drug firsthand. I'm not an idiot. One thing that idiots do, beyond relying drugs to deal with the underlying problems in their lives, is employ logical fallacies time and again. Let's look at yours. I'm guessing you've never huffed paint? How in the world can you speak to the deleterious and perhaps fatal effects of huffing paint if you've never huffed paint personally? These weed threads are veritable treasure troves of dumb arguments.
Well huffing paint causes obvious physical harm to the body. Especially considering your huffing INDUSTRIAL CHEMICALS..
And yes, smoking can cause breathing and lung problems. But there's other ways of consuming marijuana.

Quote:
d. One of the consistent features of drug users is that their self-perception is distorted. It can be relatively trivial - they think they're being hilarious when no sober person finds them funny at all. But it's usually something more serious, most importantly their personal and familial relationships. They perceive their own behaviors one way towards loved one and significant others, yet all the sober people from those groups perceive the behaviors much differently. The least surprising thing in the world is to click on these drug threads and find users who swear things are going great in their lives. Never better! Drugs, you see, have actually improved their qualities of life! Does what you wrote in this post sound like a clear communication to you? Take your last sentence. In your mind, does that sound like an intelligible statement to someone who isn't dwelling in the confines of your mind? Maybe wait until you're off a high, read it and then get back to us.
Well if your sober don't go out with drunks or hang with stoners. And don't get drunk or high to forget your problems. Your attributing this to more of a mental addiction. And that can be anything from what we traditionally see as drugs, to video-games, to addiction to sexual urges and other habits like binge eating.

Essentially addiction is a symptom of an underlying issue.

And no it's been months since I had consumed any form of MJ. Don't really care to buy the stuff. If I have any it's usually when I go out with friends who have it.

Watch this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8AHODc6phg

and you might like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP15q815Saw

Old 06-14-2019, 06:07 AM

3,839 posts, read 3,065,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
A "leader like California"? Their governor is promising taxpayer-funded health care for illegal aliens! How is that a good thing when Americans who are here legally are going without?

Yeah, I have no interest in being "led" by California being the liberal cesspool that it is.

Old 06-14-2019, 10:58 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
How many posts did it take for the old, "Oh yeah! Well alcohol is worse!"

You're consuming propaganda from the marijuana industry and others who stand to profit from legalizing that garbage. More bro science. I would invite you to examine the research on how modern weed affects young people. They don't "mellow out" while on this crap. Ask any teacher who has to deal with weed-high students. Far from it.
You should actually partake in smoking it before you post about something that you have zero knowledge of. Kinda embarrassing for you.

Old 06-14-2019, 11:47 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
....but they can't smoke it.

Just when you thought the Left State couldn't get any wackier, they come with this!
Rachel - aren't you glad to be on the OTHER side of the country!

Old 06-15-2019, 07:30 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
The drug cartels and dealers are doing just fine in places where it's been legalized. They sell the garbage minus the taxes, which is huge. Yours is a tired old argument that has been disproven with solid data from these states. Dealers also turn more of their focus on kids in these places.

Here's a little quiz for you: which already-existing companies are setting up to take over once it's legalized nationally?
I agree, the criminal elements wont be cut out of the equation until its legalized on the national level.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:15 PM

35,056 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
....but they can't smoke it.

Just when you thought the Left State couldn't get any wackier, they come with this!
Maybe the legislators are inhaling.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:23 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Maybe the legislators are inhaling.
Probably injecting marijuanas..

Old 06-15-2019, 10:03 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
How many posts did it take for the old, "Oh yeah! Well alcohol is worse!"

You're consuming propaganda from the marijuana industry and others who stand to profit from legalizing that garbage. More bro science. I would invite you to examine the research on how modern weed affects young people. They don't "mellow out" while on this crap. Ask any teacher who has to deal with weed-high students. Far from it.
You are so misinformed it is comical.

Old 06-15-2019, 10:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
A "leader like California"? Their governor is promising taxpayer-funded health care for illegal aliens! How is that a good thing when Americans who are here legally are going without?
It’s not for all illegal aliens. Plus it’s cheaper than emergency room care.

Old 06-16-2019, 05:22 AM

35,056 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Quote:
It’s not for all illegal aliens. Plus it’s cheaper than emergency room care.
Rachel is complaining about free health care for illegal aliens, not free pot for incarcerated illegal aliens, though I suppose that is, of course, a benefit that all taxpayers should fund.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies