Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 08:20 AM

39,219 posts, read 27,582,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Oh, for God's sake, Happy Father's Day, dads!
yep!

I am a daddy's little girl! Happy father's day, dads =)

Old 06-16-2019, 08:20 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,619,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Jared Yates Sexton, like too many American boys, including me, was raised in an environment of toxic masculinity, thanks in large part to his father.

“As a consequence, men are constantly at war with themselves and the world around them,” Sexton writes in his book, “The Man They Wanted Me to Be: Toxic Masculinity and a Crisis of our Own Making,” released last month.

Part memoir, part cultural analysis, his book explores the genesis of toxic masculinity and its consequences, including Donald Trump's rise to power in 2016. He gives readers a peek behind the flexed muscles of white males who got Trump elected into office, and also a peek behind the flaccid underbelly of this powerful demographic.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...616-story.html

A Happy anti-male, anti-straight, anti-republican Father's Day to all of the toxic fathers here on City Data!

The link wouldn't load for me but if this OP is indicative of the Tribune article I don't really need it to. The last sentence here has me wondering if this is intended to be taken seriously but given the state of things I'm assuming it is. So, under this premise when my son was growing up rather than being out with me hunting, fishing, riding horses, chasing T storms in my 4x4 and a slew of other "toxic male" adventures he should have been home playing with Barbie dolls, wearing girls underwear, putting on makeup, and being ashamed of the fact he was born male I guess.

And I should have been just over the top proud of this and fawned over the "brave expression" and whatever other terminology is in vogue these days. All the aforementioned White, male, "cisgenered" activities were actually stifling him and keeping a more...proper...nature of his "gender identity" from shining through. My Dad influence was "toxic."

So, if Fathers day needs looked at in this light what do we do with Mothers day? I suppose that is a day to reflect on all the positive influences that feminist ( of an extreme type) views give young males allowing them to cast off the yoke of having been born male, "cisgendered" and heterosexual. This is beyond being a river of reeking bilge.

I really just can't grasp this concept that Men and boys should be ashamed of our physical and phsycological natures and embrace the doctrines of "toxic masculinity", gender fluidity, and disdain and denial of the concept of being 100% male. Now here we have this advocacy of using Fathers day to actually push aside any notions that Dad can be a positive influence and keep things totally in Moms wheelhouse. That is so long as Mom is on board with the idea that Dad needs to be cut out of having any influence if he's not mortified by the fact that he is male.

This just brings my hackles up and pins my ears back. It was my Dad who raised me up, by himself, during the most formative years of my youth and I'm quite proud to fully embrace the role of a fully male Father in my life.He taught me what being a true gentleman is, how to ruck up and stay strong in the face of adversity, how to ride, rope , shoot straight and speak the truth and in general what it means to be a MAN. I passed these things on to my son. And I offer no apologies or lamentations for that.

Men can and certainly should be proud of being Men.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:21 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Many people have mothers like this. This has nothing to do with him being male - it has to do with him having issues.
But his dad is a toxic male.
So they exist.
As do toxic females.

But today we celebrate the men who are great Dads. That love and support their children unconditionally.
They just don't choose to love and support the kids that think like them, act like them, do like them....they love their kids -- all of them -- no matter what.
Those are the best Dads.

Happy Fathers Day.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:21 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Men are flawed. Women are just as flawed, probably more. So what? Deal with it.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:23 AM

30,059 posts, read 18,656,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I wish I could get the time back I wasted reading that excrement. What liberal horse puckey, what an insult to men on Father’s Day. Things like this reinforce my intolerance of liberals , the people who wrote that piece know nothing about being a man or a father.

The job of a father is to teach his children to be responsible for themselves and independent. Men are the leaders of the family. They fix what breaks, care for the family home and automobiles. When the wolf shows up at the door they are the ones who confront it. A man teaches his sons these traits as well. How many of the whinny sniveling liberals in here have depended upon “toxic masculinity “ at 2 am when their car broke down or when some creep was stalking them? How many of them lived comfortable middle class childhoods because their “toxic masculine “ fathers toiled away their youths in jobs they hated? This is raw open sexism directed at men, how is this ok. Maybe I should publish some MGTOW hit piece article next mother’s day?? Really I would never do that, for it would be incredibly disrespectful and so is this.

Agreed- great post. Liberals want men to be submissive, whiney victims incapable of self support, let alone supporting a family.

What a dismal, cynical view of the world. I thank God I am not a liberal, as I am very optimistic and positive about life. No wonder libs are so warped- they are negative and hate themselves.

Maybe the libs need to watch "Mary Poppins" and listen to what Bert the chimney sweep said about Mr. Banks to the children.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:24 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
It's still toxic masculinity though, because it involves masculine characteristics like excessive aggression about things that don't matter. That's all toxic masculinity is. Nobody's talking about men being bad when they use the phrase "toxic masculinity."
There are plenty of women who have toxic masculine characteristics - which means this isn't toxic masculinity - it's just toxic behavior.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:25 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,350,617 times
Quote:
There are plenty of women who have toxic masculine characteristics - which means this isn't toxic masculinity - it's just toxic behavior.
No...it's toxic masculinity because men are more likely to have that excessive aggression, and are encouraged to more than women.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:26 AM

I get called a liberal all the time and I knew better not to read it.

Instead I choose to celebrate all the guys who are great Dads.....biological and not biological.
So many great men loving their kids unconditionally.

Thanks Dads.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Toxic behavior that when done by men is toxic masculinity.
Seriously -- you can't argue it doesn't exist.

There are men who aren't toxic males and some that are.

There just is.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:28 AM

58,992 posts, read 27,280,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Jared Yates Sexton, like too many American boys, including me, was raised in an environment of toxic masculinity, thanks in large part to his father.

“As a consequence, men are constantly at war with themselves and the world around them,” Sexton writes in his book, “The Man They Wanted Me to Be: Toxic Masculinity and a Crisis of our Own Making,” released last month.

Part memoir, part cultural analysis, his book explores the genesis of toxic masculinity and its consequences, including Donald Trump's rise to power in 2016. He gives readers a peek behind the flexed muscles of white males who got Trump elected into office, and also a peek behind the flaccid underbelly of this powerful demographic.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...616-story.html

A Happy anti-male, anti-straight, anti-republican Father's Day to all of the toxic fathers here on City Data!
So, when did being and acting like a man become "toxic"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies