Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: was it a mistake for Democrats to give Bill Clinton a pass?
yes, it was a mistake that continues to bite Dems in the posterior. 16 69.57%
No, it was properly and correctly handled. 2 8.70%
It was a no win situation, and it's time to move on, and reflect on the words of Time reporter Nina Burleigh. 3 13.04%
other (please explain below). 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 12:25 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,045 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...clinton-a-pass

AOC says that it was probably a mistake for the Democratic party to give President Clinton a pass. The way she responded so quickly and confidently, I take it as a 'yes.'

It's my contention that the 'pass' led directly to the election of President Trump. When the 'Access Hollywood' tape of Trump came out in Oct, 2016, it was widely thought that Trump's campaign was kaput. Only Steve Bannon thought otherwise. His immediate take was that the Trump campaign would be insulated due to Bill's history, and Hillary's history of enabling him. Bannon turned out to be right.

What do you think?

*Nina Burleigh was a Time reporter who famously said of Bill Clinton that she would be "happy to give [Bill Clinton] a blowjob just to thank him for keeping abortion legal."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 12:34 PM

24,453 posts, read 17,199,589 times
Bill Clinton was having an affair with a young intern in the oval office and then lied about it to the American people. In todays world he would have been strung up as a sexual predator like the gross Harvey Weinstein was for preying on women that are under him.

Trump was bragging about a "groupie" and he wasn't in office. We all know that there are women out there that will do anything to get close to a rich, powerful celebrity so should we really be surprised that Trump "caught" some of these women that threw themselves at him? Trumps only issue was that he bragged about it.

What Clinton did is much different than what Trump did and the reason that Trump won the election had nothing to do with Bill but everything to do with Hillary being a lousy candidate and in part Obama and his legacy.

Old 06-16-2019, 01:41 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,281,267 times
Well, she at least admitted the possibility of Clinton being bad.

That's a huge step, compared to the lock-step of the Democratic party.

It would be funny in a weird way if the Democratic party demonizes for even that slight admission of a very obvious truth (that truth being that the Clintons did nasty far worse than even Trump).

Old 06-16-2019, 01:45 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
I mean, compared to Trump's cooperation ith the Russians - a BJ seems fairly minor. That said, I didn't vote for him and he definitely demeaned the office.

Old 06-16-2019, 02:00 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,818,916 times
It wasn't so much his affair with Monica Lewinsky that upset me..although it was bad that it was done in the White House and that he lied about it. What I didn't like was our boys will be boys attitude we had back then....We liked powerful men who were chronic cheaters and womanizers. We were so defensive of them, especially if they agreed with our political agenda. That seemed so backwards to me. I would like to think we have advanced a little since then. Even if I am a conservative I liked the me too movement. That might seem unusual but the way I look at it philandering husbands are NOT acting conservative...they are assaulting monogamy which is the cornerstone of a civilized society.

Old 06-16-2019, 02:29 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,244,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean, compared to Trump's cooperation ith the Russians - a BJ seems fairly minor. That said, I didn't vote for him and he definitely demeaned the office.
Still with the Russians?

Old 06-16-2019, 02:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Not probably. It WAS a mistake. He should’ve been removed from office.

Old 06-16-2019, 02:33 PM

4,503 posts, read 1,860,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Still with the Russians?
There is no known cure for TDS

Please, donate to TDS research today! Every little bit helps.

Old 06-16-2019, 02:33 PM

30,611 posts, read 18,187,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It wasn't just "a BJ." This is a common mischaracterization about the Lewinsky affair. Apart from lying under oath and, thereby, actually obstructing justice (he lost his law license for this even if the Senate didn't remove him following impeachment). There was a severe power imbalance in this case, which raises questions of whether consent was actually there. This is why employer employee relationships are frowned down upon and forbidden in many cases (they were certainly forbidden in Bill's case).

And let's not forget about Paula Jones (Bill paid her almost $1 million to settle her sexual assault case) and Juanita B., who claims that Bill raped her.

Old 06-16-2019, 02:36 PM

25,545 posts, read 17,251,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Still with the Russians?
Oh, yes.
Robert Mueller called 500 witnesses, 2800 subpoenas, 500 search and seizure warrants, and 300 records of electronic communications. He came up empty, but we can always count on CD posters and Jerry Nadler to "get to the bottom of this".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies