Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 08:54 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Assuming facts not in evidence. Seriously shoplifting does not and never will require two policemen with guns drawn! Harassing a pregnant lady carrying a baby. If a cop can’t handle a shoplifter without resorting to this behavior he should have a different job
The cps didn't know if they stole a 99 cent doll or the store safe, they reacted properly, the people in the car refused to comply. Excuses don't work, just comply and it's over in a minute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Do you know how many times this has happened to parents? NO, you very well might NOT know that your kid has something they shouldn't.

But do go ahead defend a full SWAT response and a gun pointed at a pregnant woman over a 99 cent doll.
Wasn't a full SWAT team, you're making stuff up, just like the non complying couple did...

Old 06-16-2019, 09:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Exactly. And kids that age don't always understand that there's a transaction involving currency that takes place before you get to walk out with the goods.

When I say paying an excessive amount may prompt those in charge to clean house - I mean starting from the top with the pressure going down the chain of command. The city pays - but the mayor should be leaning on the Police Superintendent (or the guy on top of the police there) to clean house.

Instead, as we've seen time and time again in Chicago, the incident is covered up from the mayor all the way down.

Yeah, what happened, did you end up with some former Chicago cops or something?

Glad I don't feel like you do - I'd be embarrassed all the time with the shady ish our cops do.
Actually, I’m kinda surprised. Unlike many major cities, African Americans aren’t automatically associated with being criminals here due to the very strong black middle and upper middle class presence here. It’s very rare that you hear about this stuff. The Hispanic community gets it FAR worse in Maricopa County...especially by the County cops. City and county cops tend to leave blacks alone. The Native Americans bytch a lot too about heavy harassment.

About the only PD that blacks don’t really like are the Pinal County cops since Pinal County is a crossroads for heavy drug trafficking, illegal alien smuggling, prostitution, and some pretty tough Indian reservations. Lotta DUI too. They also have a bunch of truck stops, and that always brings out a bunch of vagrants and other petty crimes. The state’s largest prison complex is there too in Florence...bringing knuckleheads into the County to visit their friends. It’s a tough ass County to police. A lot of mining towns too, and that ALWAYS means trouble.

That’s why I hated Arpaio. Here he was grabbing all the headlines for his lame ass work in Maricopa County, while the Sheriff of Pinal County is busting his ass policing some of the toughest crimes in some of the roughest areas of the state to police. And he’s quietly doing it. Meanwhile, Arpaio has a mic stuck down his throat. SMH.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:13 PM

The facts are coming out now, those were bad people, the man admitted to shoplifting other things in addition to the doll. An officer ran out and tried to speak to the occupants of the car, yelling orders for the driver to stop, but the car kept going, Williams said.The driver stopped and let out a passenger, a woman who had warrants out for her arrest, the chief said. She was taken into custody.
Officers then caught up to the vehicle suspected in the shoplifting at a nearby apartment complex. That's when the incident quickly escalated and witnesses pulled out cell phones and started recording.RUN RUN RUN WHO YOU RUN FOR
Both videos show other officers pointing guns at Ames' car, where Harper, who is pregnant, was in the backseat with her two daughters, a 1-year-old and a 4-year-old.SHE USES HER KIDS AS A SHIELD /no charges were filed against the couple because the store manager declined to press charges.BS.
Stick around, there will be more......

Old 06-16-2019, 09:20 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Assuming facts not in evidence. Seriously shoplifting does not and never will require two policemen with guns drawn! Harassing a pregnant lady carrying a baby. If a cop can’t handle a shoplifter without resorting to this behavior he should have a different job
Reminds me of in Die Hard With A Vengeance where Samuel L Jackson gets a gun drawn on him for jumping a subway turnstile, totally overboard response

Old 06-16-2019, 09:26 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
The cps didn't know if they stole a 99 cent doll or the store safe, they reacted properly, the people in the car refused to comply. Excuses don't work, just comply and it's over in a minute.
Yeah a pregnant woman that’s also carrying a baby is gonna steal a safe from the dollar store. Get a grip.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:37 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,404 times
Quote:
The facts are coming out now, those were bad people, the man admitted to shoplifting other things in addition to the doll.

Source ?

Edit : found it -> https://abcnews.go.com/US/phoenix-po...ry?id=63747140

Old 06-16-2019, 09:56 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
The police were demanding the mother put her infant on the hot Arizona pavement. JayZ is hiring a lawyer for them and paying their legal expenses.
https://www.bet.com/music/2019/06/15...-expenses.html

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ll/1464592001/

IMO after Arpaio got pardoned, these police went power mad. The officers accused the family of resisting and I all I see are extremely scared parents.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:59 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Actually, I’m kinda surprised. Unlike many major cities, African Americans aren’t automatically associated with being criminals here due to the very strong black middle and upper middle class presence here. It’s very rare that you hear about this stuff. The Hispanic community gets it FAR worse in Maricopa County...especially by the County cops. City and county cops tend to leave blacks alone. The Native Americans bytch a lot too about heavy harassment.

About the only PD that blacks don’t really like are the Pinal County cops since Pinal County is a crossroads for heavy drug trafficking, illegal alien smuggling, prostitution, and some pretty tough Indian reservations. Lotta DUI too. They also have a bunch of truck stops, and that always brings out a bunch of vagrants and other petty crimes. The state’s largest prison complex is there too in Florence...bringing knuckleheads into the County to visit their friends. It’s a tough ass County to police. A lot of mining towns too, and that ALWAYS means trouble.

That’s why I hated Arpaio. Here he was grabbing all the headlines for his lame ass work in Maricopa County, while the Sheriff of Pinal County is busting his ass policing some of the toughest crimes in some of the roughest areas of the state to police. And he’s quietly doing it. Meanwhile, Arpaio has a mic stuck down his throat. SMH.
Maybe they were transfers from Maricopa....lol. Not funny, but you know how problems are moved around rather than fired.

I thought Arpaio was gone but I see he's still there and from the sounds of it, still a media-*****.

Your post just proves these guys have to have some group to target. If not blacks, it's Hispanics or Native Americans. I guess they have quotas to fill.

Old 06-16-2019, 10:26 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
My 3 year old took something from some store that I discovered before I left the mall. We turned the stroller around and returned it but he was too young to understand.

Guess I'm lucky I'm not dead or in the Pokey!

In the video - the officer points a gun at a pregnant woman over a 99 cent doll.

Good God. He should be fired.

i am as pro police as ever, but this is why we need to revoke the qualified immunity they enjoy, and they should have to carry malpractice insurance, as well as haveing to face criminal charges when they screw up, both in state and federal courts.

we also need a citizens review board to oversee complaints like this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies