Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 11:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Well, at least some caught on cam like my post lose their jobs.....the police chief also quit or was forced to resign.

This guy is well on his way to the federal penitentiary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33UvKbh-0Hw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Pf8g4zQS0

LEON VALLEY SUED ON 4TH OF JULY FOR VIOLATING THE U.S. CONSTITUTION
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 12:01 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Trump loves his police.

Do you think he would approve of police being terrified of a camera the public has pointed at them?
Terrified enough to violated the peoples civil rights. Turner v. Driver

Do you as a Citizen, know what qualified immunity is?
Do you as a Citizen have qualified immunity?
How can qualified immunity be lost?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftc196gOarI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cs0OXNCSQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HboCL64GLY

This is why cops don't want a camera pointed at them recording their actions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2yWsoFz98I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq1rib5tKaU

Scour the web and the bad cops keep showing up. No wonder they are scared of a camera.
Next time you need help, call a thug, if you distrust the police so badly.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:04 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
[quoteNext time you need help, call a thug, if you distrust the police so badly. [/quote]
Might be safer.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Most parents kinda like the idea of their kids surviving police interaction.

There's a whole lot to be said for teaching people to give their name and contact information, then say "I invoke my right to remain silent and I want a lawyer present" - once you're in the station. (Even then, better look properly middle-class.) But if a US police officer in the process of apprehending me looks me in the eye and says "You are now a chicken", I will cluck as politely as can be asked for.
I will tell the cop "no".

Old 06-17-2019, 12:48 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Well, at least some caught on cam like my post lose their jobs.....the police chief also quit or was forced to resign.

Such outcomes are quite rare though. Cop conduct has to be flamingly out of line, even under the Patriot Act, to shake the blue tee enough to see bad apples drop. Body cams (so long as they are turned on) are helping but I think that the on and off functions need to be taken out of officer control. The cam gets turned on by a tech before they hit the streets and can't be turned off by the officer wearing it till he/she gets off duty.

Same with dash cams. And investigation into shootings needs to be done by other than the police agency involved. These "internal investigations" of cops by cops has allowed exoneration of police who were blatantly in the wrong. I' really sick of hearing "I was in fear for my life" when a cop shoots someone who is plainly not a threat.

Things like shooting a half growed puppy wagging its tail and bouncing around playfully and then shooting the owner for failure to control the animal. "I was in fear for my life." Shooting a suspect on his knees who they are ordering to do yoga tricks till he falls on his face and drilling him 5 times with an M4 at point blank range. "He appeared to be reaching for a weapon. I was in fear for my life." That dog just don't hunt for me anymore.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:49 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
All law, unless it is natural law, is made up along the way.

Old 06-17-2019, 01:00 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
I do wonder how much a cop should be educated at those police academies before they are deemed fit for the job! The qualifications being too strict or too lax is a valid concern!

Old 06-17-2019, 01:21 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Next time you need help, call a thug, if you distrust the police so badly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
[quoteNext time you need help, call a thug, if you distrust the police so badly.
Might be safer.[/quote]

floorist is right. too many cops these days end up assaulting and arresting the victim of a crime instead of helping them like they should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
All law, unless it is natural law, is made up along the way.

true, but what the cop roaches do is far worse, the fact is often times they dont know the law so they make it up completely, and stick to what they made up even after they have been informed of the real law. nitwit cops have been known to claim that it is against federal law not to id yourself when teh cop asks for your id, even when they have no reason to ask for it in the first place.

Old 06-17-2019, 02:15 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
Might be safer.

floorist is right. too many cops these days end up assaulting and arresting the victim of a crime instead of helping them like they should.

true, but what the cop roaches do is far worse, the fact is often times they dont know the law so they make it up completely, and stick to what they made up even after they have been informed of the real law. nitwit cops have been known to claim that it is against federal law not to id yourself when teh cop asks for your id, even when they have no reason to ask for it in the first place.[/quote]

Whenever you call the cops you can expect for them to look for a reason to arrest you as well as whoever you called them about. The entire general public is seen as either a danger or guilty of some criminal act or another by default.

I flat will not call the cops for most any reason and if I do I want to remain anonymous. But you cant do that any more. They track you down by your phone number. I have had positive interaction with the cops but that was quite a while ago. And I had no choice but to interact with them.

I want nothing to do with LE. Not if it can be avoided.

Old 06-17-2019, 02:22 PM

Twice over the last few years, I have explained nicely to an officer that he was wrong about the law. He got hateful. Both times when a supervisor arrived, he told the officer that I was right. That same officer stopped me and harassed me when I was out for a walk. His supervisor apologized to me for that one. Same cop was later "Officer of the year".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies