Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Won the Debate on 6/27/19?
Michael Bennet 1 1.16%
Joe Biden 3 3.49%
Pete Buttigieg 19 22.09%
Kirsten Gillibrand 0 0%
Kamala Harris 42 48.84%
John Hickenlooper 1 1.16%
Bernie Sanders 3 3.49%
Eric Swalwell 2 2.33%
Marianne Williamson 9 10.47%
Andrew Yang 6 6.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 12:36 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I will say that the 2016 GOP debates were way more of debates than the efforts seen over the last two nights. And it made sense, as everyone constantly attacked Donald Trump.
Please. Do we really need to say the things Trump said of Ted Cruz or Ben Carson? Those were not debates as much as a reality show - which was obviously appealing to Republican voters. That's fine but Democratic voters don't like that so much. Both are considered free campaign air time but the style is dramatically different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 12:37 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Please. Do we really need to say the things Trump said of Ted Cruz or Ben Carson? Those were not debates as much as a reality show - which was obviously appealing to Republican voters. That's fine but Democratic voters don't like that so much. Both are considered free campaign air time but the style is dramatically different.
The 2008 Dem debates told a different story.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:43 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The 2008 Dem debates told a different story.
It did get combative toward the end but here's the thing: every Democrat I know has said they will vote for ANYONE that gets the nomination. It might get combative toward the end again but at this early stage, the campaign air time is more a discussion of ideas than anything else. It's not like Trump supporters are going to vote for them so who cares. Trump has a base somewhere in the high 30s that will follow him through absolutely anything. These debates are not for them at all and there is no need to even pretend to care what they think.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:04 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Didn't watch them but probably just free campaign time to debate about!

Old 06-28-2019, 01:20 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times
I thought a couple of the candidates were really bad....but I would vote for any single one of them,if nominated over Trump. Trump is a rude, crude, childish narcissistic wanna be dictator who is embarrassing to our country, and completely inept and unfit for the position that he holds.

I think several of the candidates would make wonderful Presidents though.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:08 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It did get combative toward the end but here's the thing: every Democrat I know has said they will vote for ANYONE that gets the nomination. It might get combative toward the end again but at this early stage, the campaign air time is more a discussion of ideas than anything else. It's not like Trump supporters are going to vote for them so who cares. Trump has a base somewhere in the high 30s that will follow him through absolutely anything. These debates are not for them at all and there is no need to even pretend to care what they think.
I think you and I both could agree this is where we all need to step away from the party lines and go for someone who meets what our views are and our countries needs.
Last election, I was so lost on who to vote for. I didn't like anyone that was on the ticket. The only thing I knew for sure was that Hillary was an absolute hell no. I liked Jim Webb and would have liked him to have won the Democratic nod. If Bernie would have won the nod, it would have been much more interesting. Reality, I think Bernie would have won the presidency. I did vote for Trump for our country. I could not let Hillary win.
These debates, no matter how painful to listen to, is for everyone. It's for everyone to see how ignorant or how good, and everything in between on the candidates.
As we gear up for 2020 and in our home another deployment, I plan on being neutral and listening to everything so I can make the best decision for our country, our family and our kids as best as I can.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:19 AM

3 posts, read 1,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I thought a couple of the candidates were really bad....but I would vote for any single one of them,if nominated over Trump. Trump is a rude, crude, childish narcissistic wanna be dictator who is embarrassing to our country, and completely inept and unfit for the position that he holds.

I think several of the candidates would make wonderful Presidents though.
You thought all those open borders wackjobs would be better than the best president in decades.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:41 AM

3,244 posts, read 6,300,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Wow. I don't think Biden is going to recover from defending the state's rights argument over voting against bussing to integrate schools. Kamala was awesome.
Harris was the most despicable and annoying person on stage! She achieved the impossible, compared to her Hillary Clinton is likable.

I hope she does take out Biden since Joe is the only one with a reasonable chance of defeating our great President Trump.

Last edited by capoeira; 06-28-2019 at 02:59 AM..

Old 06-28-2019, 02:54 AM

209 posts, read 160,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkPavilion View Post
You thought all those open borders wackjobs would be better than the best president in decades.
LOL, I thought the first group was bad and it couldn't get any worse but this second group is
just as loony. How can they convince middle America about these policies lol.
It's definitely not a winning strategy.

Old 06-28-2019, 03:20 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Tuned in for 2 minutes, with the sound off. Heard nothing of interest. Found something else to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies