Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Won the Debate on 6/27/19?
Michael Bennet 1 1.16%
Joe Biden 3 3.49%
Pete Buttigieg 19 22.09%
Kirsten Gillibrand 0 0%
Kamala Harris 42 48.84%
John Hickenlooper 1 1.16%
Bernie Sanders 3 3.49%
Eric Swalwell 2 2.33%
Marianne Williamson 9 10.47%
Andrew Yang 6 6.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 12:22 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,363,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
So any member who previously said on this forum " we are for the middle class", " stop being paranoid we aren't coming for your guns" and " we are not for open borders" here who votes for one of these people just admitted they lied when saying those quotes in the past.

I gotta love the comments in various sections of new reports that say " I dismiss anyone who calls someone "illegal" there is no such thing as a illegal human". Those that say that must think someone else will pay for it all not them.
If there was ever ANY doubt about whether the Dems were for open borders or for the confiscation of guns, we can now say for certain, after last night, that there is no doubt where they stand now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 12:22 PM

9,871 posts, read 7,634,064 times
Feel the only way for the Democrats to win the 2020 election is with this ticket: Tulsi Gabbard/Seth Moulton. They will appeal to all of the Democrats political spectrums, Libertarians, Republicans, Veterans, Women, those in the Militaryl, East Coast States, West Cost States, and Middle States.l

Old 06-28-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
OMG, I know, I was like---wth?
I hope Williamson stays in a while. I mean, we sat there and laughed at almost everything that was said, but she added a bit of joy to the debate and I'd like to see her on stage again.

12,919 posts, read 13,606,000 times
I hate to keep playing the devil's advocate about Haris but, people are so impressed with her ability to stand her ground with powerful white men. She has done it twice now and every one gushes. Isn't that a low bar and a little sexist?

6,598 posts, read 4,229,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Harris interrupted other candidates just as much as eric did last night during the democratic party debate and after she admonished other candidates previously to not get into a "food fight" with each other turned right around and attacked biden as a racist.

Yet, harris was deemed the winner of the debate and her attack on biden celebrated.
Completely agree. She appeared angry and out of control. Over time, her attack on Biden will be recognized for what it was: a likely planned, viscous attack on an elder statesman who has served this country for decades.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I hate to keep playing the devil's advocate about Haris but, people are so impressed with her ability to stand her ground with powerful white men. She has done it twice now and every one gushes. Isn't that a low bar and a little sexist?
I disagree with what most people have said about Harris. I think the way she behaved was loved by the echo chamber political sphere, but normal people at home are going to look at that and think she is not a very nice woman, particularly for the way she hit Biden below the belt like that.

We shall see, but I predict that was certainly not a breakout moment for her and that it hurt her with more people than it helped her with.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:30 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,764,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
They’ll have to hide the football every 28 days if Kamala is elected.

At 54, that excuse is long-gone.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:37 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,846,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
And Trump never viciously attacks anyone that doesn’t agree with him? I would love to see her debate him, and when he starts creeping up behind her, she simply says: sit down you crazy old fool! LOL
They adore Trump for his vicious attacks on everyone around him. They say it makes him look tough and decisive. But let a woman do that and she is "shrill" and "shrieking" and "out of control." This is just more of the typical misogyny women have had to put up with for eons. No surprise that the Trump lovers share in that misogyny. I wouldn't expect anything better from them.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:38 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,163,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I disagree with what most people have said about Harris. I think the way she behaved was loved by the echo chamber political sphere, but normal people at home are going to look at that and think she is not a very nice woman, particularly for the way she hit Biden below the belt like that.

We shall see, but I predict that was certainly not a breakout moment for her and that it hurt her with more people than it helped her with.
People at home are going to think she's "not a very nice woman..." for hitting Biden on a clear policy issue, but the current president talks about one of his body parts compared to Rubio's hands, gives a dumb nickname to everyone, makes fun of Carly Fiorina's face, makes fun of Ted Cruz's wife, etc? In the words of your dear leader, GIVE ME A BREAK.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
People at home are going to think she's "not a very nice woman..." for hitting Biden on a clear policy issue, but the current president talks about one of his body parts compared to Rubio's hands, gives a dumb nickname to everyone, makes fun of Carly Fiorina's face, makes fun of Ted Cruz's wife, etc? In the words of your dear leader, GIVE ME A BREAK.
Many people also think Trump is not a very nice man. There's a double standard for women, unfortunately, but this is exactly what many people are thinking today about Harris.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies