Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Won the Debate on 6/27/19?
Michael Bennet 1 1.16%
Joe Biden 3 3.49%
Pete Buttigieg 19 22.09%
Kirsten Gillibrand 0 0%
Kamala Harris 42 48.84%
John Hickenlooper 1 1.16%
Bernie Sanders 3 3.49%
Eric Swalwell 2 2.33%
Marianne Williamson 9 10.47%
Andrew Yang 6 6.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 02:07 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
I think most Democrats in Congress aren't able to work with Trump because his policies aren't in line with theirs, not necessarily because they don't like him or his private lifestyle.

Democrats have passed quite a few bills and resolutions and sent them along to the Senate, only to have them ignored. So they are still trying to do their job.
There cannot be so many on the left that agree with nothing the right stands for. There has to be a sizable element of “ not letting Trump have a win.” So many of these open border Democrats, who before Trump, were against open borders, help make my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 02:11 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
These pathetic Democratic candidates are talking about things they "think" voters want to hear: such as: To happily give illegal immigrants: Free housing, SNAP, subsidized free lunch programs, free healthcare, government benefits, instant citizenship and so on and so forth.....including but not limited to: Speaking in Spanish and pandering to the illegal law breakers who cross into this country illegally during the debate.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:22 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,178,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
1. Tulsi Gabbard
2 thru 20 something - no one cares
Tulsi Gabbard is Russia's favorite Democratic candidate, comrade.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:23 PM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
These pathetic Democratic candidates are talking about things they "think" voters want to hear: such as: To happily give illegal immigrants: Free housing, SNAP, subsidized free lunch programs, free healthcare, government benefits, instant citizenship and so on and so forth.....including but not limited to: Speaking in Spanish and pandering to the illegal law breakers who cross into this country illegally during the debate.
I feel like I'm living in an alternate universe.

I don't know what these politicians are thinking? I mean you go out and do a man on the street and interview the average person I can't imagine you'd get that many people on borad with this, especially if you talk about having to raise taxes to cover these additional costs.

I mean we can't even really handle the poor people we have here now, why the hell import more??

Old 06-28-2019, 02:24 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
1. Tulsi Gabbard
Ditto

Representative Tulsi Gabbard

Gabbard/Moulton 2020 all the way!

Old 06-28-2019, 02:25 PM

2,814 posts, read 2,278,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
not so fast calling the demise of biden as the democratic presidential nominee in 2020.

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1144676029883133952
I maybe overestimating the degree to which Biden was hurt. But, I don't think last night was a great night for him. He certainly didn't lose the primary in one debate, but I don't think he will survive on top if he keeps commiting so many unforced errors.

2,561 posts, read 2,178,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Change in status based on performance at the debates.

"B" List Debate
  • Winners - Gabbard, Booker
  • Losers - Beto, Warren
"A" List Debate
  • Winners - Harris, Buttigieg
  • Losers - Sanders, Biden
Everyone else stayed the same.

Of course the real winner of this two night dog and pony show was President Donald Trump. These debates, very poorly handled by NBC and led by some of the biggest asses on TV were a complete disaster for the Democrat party.

Overall Winner
  • President Donald Trump
What do people like about Gabbard. For the first question to her, 0% of her answer (literally 0%) was related to her question. That is the same percent change she has of being the nominee. 0%.

1,251 posts, read 1,077,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
It was like watching 20 people spewing meaningless platitudes while running for president of Mexico.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:26 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Segregationists”.

It seems that Biden was talking about having to work with people he didn’t agree with to get things done, while she was try to make it look like he agreed with their policies. If you agree with Biden’s explanation, then how do you justify almost all Democrats refusing to work with President Trump? Just look at how much is getting done by the Democrats in Congress. Not much, if anything.

You can't give a pass to Biden for his racist past by blaming it on Trump. Harris is right to call him out.

Let's remember, Biden was against Affirmative Action, School Integration, and in fact most of the LBJ Civil Rights platform.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:30 PM

2,814 posts, read 2,278,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Not a snowball's chance of Harris beating Trump...
She may have her liabilities as an unabashed liberal politician from SF. But she certainly has the potential to win. She appears to be a a shrewd debater and I don't think she is so defined that she can't moderate her campaign a little and make case for how she can win outside the coasts.

Trump may very well win again, but he is so unpopular and undisciplined that nothing can be taken for granted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies