Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Won the Debate on 6/27/19?
Michael Bennet 1 1.16%
Joe Biden 3 3.49%
Pete Buttigieg 19 22.09%
Kirsten Gillibrand 0 0%
Kamala Harris 42 48.84%
John Hickenlooper 1 1.16%
Bernie Sanders 3 3.49%
Eric Swalwell 2 2.33%
Marianne Williamson 9 10.47%
Andrew Yang 6 6.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 11:23 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
What about assault rifles?
I believe there are several who support only a ban on assault rifles, and most of those do not even have a buy back program- i.e. the ones that already exist (I have heard the number 250,000 thrown around) will remain. That's some scary $h!t.
Don't you guys love your kids? Or at least your nieces and nephews, friends kids, etc?
If I had been a castaway for the last 5 years, and was presented with political topics and news stories, I would have thought without hesitation, that banning assault rifles would be the one issue that everyone could agree upon.
What would one need one for that is positive? Target practice? Protection from all the (apparent) dozens of psychos hiding in the bushes waiting to attack you at any moment? I know nothing about hunting, but I don't thin you hunt with them either, do you?
What the dems call assault rifles is a twisted propaganda definition, I go to the range half of the range lanes people are shooting their AR-15 people that never do anything wrong the rifle is the most popular rifle among law abiding people. Great so they want to make instant criminals out of millions of law abiding gun owners while giving free healthcare to law breaking border crossing people.

Rifles, "assault weapons" banning them will do nothing to stop murder by guns, good luck regulating them from the millions of gun owners.

The maniac in Texas went into a school with a six shot revolver and a pump shotgun and managed to murder as many kids that someone with a "assault rifle" could. Why? Because in the end those that can't or won't fight back are just fish in a barrel it doesn't matter what kind of gun a maniac has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 11:45 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
My first thought was with Booker looking over.......Say whaaaaaat!

Old 06-29-2019, 11:49 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Really? She's not of African descent? Please call her and let her know you know more about her racial background then she and her Jamaican father. Tell me how that goes.

How do we know that?
It is known her father’s family were slave owners. Moreover, it is readily apparent to any who have seen her father that he is very highly admixed, likely being mostly northern European, likely Irish. Her mother is Tamil. Let’s stop the charade.

Both are PhD level. She was very privileged. It’s ridiculous.

Old 06-29-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
...and licking the arses of evil dictators and murdering psychopaths, white supremacists. Oh yeah--and he's also RAPIST and now a KIDNAPPER of children and infants.

Trump is dispicable human waste that isn't far off of being the enemy of humanity and supports the end of our democracy and our place in the world.

Anyone definding or supporting this anti-American POS is a traitor to our country, and a traitor to humanity.

Period.
Yeah, “dispicable”.

Old 06-29-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I was also bussed to a "less" desirable neighborhood in San Leandro - next to Oakland, CA.

The result of bussing was that schools and neighborhoods did eventually become more integrated. It was an essential step to integrating the state, and the idea was that that should also include the entire country. We all needed to get used to each other and stop discriminating against people of color in our neighborhoods, schools, workplaces, etc. And in my opinion, it worked.

Change isn't convenient. But, the bussing did work in the way it was intended, in my opinion, even though it was inconvenient.

Now, some private schools profited from bussing, because parents didn't want to deal with it. My parents were among that group. But, then the private schools were required to allow students of color, etc., so there wasn't any real way to escape it.

But, Kamala's point was that Biden wasn't just reaching across the aisle to get along with people on the other "side," in a bipartisan way. She brought to light that he also voted the same way these racists did, with the intent to keep schools segregated. This is just fact. And she's right that the federal government should have intervened to make sure that states weren't discriminating, which we had a long history of doing. Heck, that's what the civil war was - the federal government saying that nope, states don't always get to do whatever they want to do.

So, yep, Joe Biden voted with segregationists who wanted to keep the decision on whether or not to integrate schools - up to states. And that's unacceptable. It's equal to the thinking of the southern states who said they should have the right to have slaves if they want to. Sometimes the feds need to intervene, and in this case they should have - and Joe Biden voted no on this.

He also treated Anita Hill horribly, who was an African American woman who had been sexually harassed.

This wouldn't be such a HUGE deal, if Joe would just apologize and acknowledge that this was a mistake. Instead, he complains that the rules have changed, as if that's a bad and stupid thing. Like touching people without their permission, especially women. He just refuses to apologize and then all we have left to assume is that he still thinks all of this is okay. And, in my opinion, it's not.

So, no, he may not be a racist, but he did things that helped racists - and he doesn't think there's anything wrong with that. And that's a huge problem for me.

Does this mean Trump will win, because Joe might be out of the running? We'll see. Dems are ready to vote for whoever is nominated. Personally, I hope it's Kamala. I want a candidate who can sit across from Putin and look smarter, and with equal street smarts. There really aren't many of those, but Kamala could handle him, hands down.
Biden “voted with segregationists”, ergo he undoubtedly was a fascist. Please just write it because you’d write it if it were someone with whom you disagreed politically.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:09 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,759,259 times
clongirl is all in being efficiently brainwashed by the Soros media. They obviously have their success stories and she is obviously one of them.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:28 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Thanks for the info, can’t stand most of Trumps policies/positions but he’s has or has tried to follow through with most as evidenced by your link, unfortunately.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:37 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,472 times
It just doesn’t make any sense to set up this complicated, expensive, top down form of government most of these candidates want. It’s not sustainable and won’t be effective at solving our problems. The middle class isn’t willing to pay for it, the cost overruns in these programs would be enormous with the culture of fraud and abuse we have here. The needs and wants of people vary so much state to state county to county decisions should be made at the local level not in Washington.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:38 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
I think the Propaganda Arm of the Democratic Party (aka the Mainstream Media) is sticking their thumbs on the scale again. They kept turning Andrew Yang's mic off and they clearly did their best to setup Kamala Harris to look good while making Biden and others look bad. I do think Biden is too old and lackluster to be the Democratic nominee, but Hillary had the same problems and it didn't stop her. Harris is a liar an a very divisive candidate and they did nothing to call her out on it. From smoking pot with Tupac to calling the Jussie Smollett hoax a modern day lynching, to obsessing about racial hatred, to seeking to punish whitey for the crimes of their great great great grandparents, she's exactly the right person to lead us to another civil war. She's also a "tough on crime" Democrat larping as a soft on crime Democrat

But NBC did a good job of setting her up to win this round, so we know who they're rooting for.

I'd be interested to see what Andrew Yang actually had to say all the times that his mic was shut off.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:53 PM

34 posts, read 23,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
It is known her father’s family were slave owners. Moreover, it is readily apparent to any who have seen her father that he is very highly admixed, likely being mostly northern European, likely Irish. Her mother is Tamil. Let’s stop the charade.

Both are PhD level. She was very privileged. It’s ridiculous.
Wait... so because she comes from an educated, mixed race family (with an immigrant, black Jamaican father), she isn't "black?"

There is something incredibly pathetic about white folks trying to educate people on "blackness."

She is no less "black" than other West Indian people who often have Indian last names (e.g. Chanderpaul, Prasad, etc.). Hell, Guyana (which shares a significant part of their history and culture with Harris's Jamaican ancestors) has elected 3 Indo-Caribbean Prime Ministers and 1 Indo-Caribbean President. Feel free to go to Guyana and educate them on their "blackness."

Plus, her father has shared pictures of many of this paternal and maternal ancestors and they don't seem "admixed." Even if they did, it doesn't make her "not black." According to Ancestry.com, the average African American is 29% European.

So get out of here with that birtherist drivel.

P.S. Kamala has openly admitted (and openly regretted) her heritage of slavery and is yet calling for reparations to the documented descendants of slaves. This isn't an act of hypocrisy, its an act of accountability. The GOP could really learn from that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies