Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 12:13 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,677 times

Advertisements

My gosh. I thought things were getting better, not worse!

I have a high school friend on Facebook whose last name is Weed. Facebook has sent him a "review" asking him to prove that he really does go by that name, saying they will disable his account if he doesn't comply.

Someone else with the same last name chimed in that she had to send them a copy of her driver's license in order to not get kicked off Facebook.

Really?

Reefer Madness just won't die.

Why don't they go after people with the last name of Beam? Or Weller? Or Daniels?

Ok you prohibitionists, jump on me. I've now used the words "weed" and "reefer madness" in the same post, plus I even added a reference to alcohol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 04:00 PM

8,204 posts, read 3,477,514 times
My facebook account gets locked every single day for "suspicious activity" and I have to upload the same photo every day to get it eventually unlocked. When it gets unlocked I log in for a brief time just to have it be locked again. This happens every single day. The suspicious activity? I have no idea. I play a game or two of spades when they unlock it and sometimes they lock it during a game and I cannot finish it. If spades is so suspicious then why allow it on their site?

This account they keep locking replaced an account I made that didn't even last an hour because of "suspicious activity." All I did with that account is play a couple of games of spades. I uploaded a picture for that account like they asked and they never did unlock that account. That was months ago.

Old 06-17-2019, 04:08 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,668,985 times
I wonder if there’s a Maryjane Weed on Facebook.

Old 06-17-2019, 04:09 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,491,032 times
Facebook sells your data to advertisers. If you take any steps to protect your privacy, you reduce its profit.

Old 06-17-2019, 04:42 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
I just have to ask again. Why, oh, why are you folks still on that cesspool? Stop the addiction. Disable your account and move on. Let that little dweeb drown. He's proven who he is - why are you making him richer and handing over all your personal information to him and anyone he sells it to?

Old 06-17-2019, 05:08 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
My facebook account gets locked every single day for "suspicious activity" and I have to upload the same photo every day to get it eventually unlocked. When it gets unlocked I log in for a brief time just to have it be locked again. This happens every single day. The suspicious activity? I have no idea. I play a game or two of spades when they unlock it and sometimes they lock it during a game and I cannot finish it. If spades is so suspicious then why allow it on their site?

This account they keep locking replaced an account I made that didn't even last an hour because of "suspicious activity." All I did with that account is play a couple of games of spades. I uploaded a picture for that account like they asked and they never did unlock that account. That was months ago.
You must be doing something wrong because that is not normal at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I just have to ask again. Why, oh, why are you folks still on that cesspool? Stop the addiction. Disable your account and move on. Let that little dweeb drown. He's proven who he is - why are you making him richer and handing over all your personal information to him and anyone he sells it to?
Why oh why do you care?

Old 06-17-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You must be doing something wrong because that is not normal at all.

Why oh why do you care?
Oh, I don't care if you're on. I directed my question to people who don't seem *off*. And why I care that they're on is none of your business.

Old 06-17-2019, 05:20 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Oh, I don't care if you're on. I directed my question to people who don't seem *off*. And why I care that they're on is none of your business.
In his case he's a real estate photographer. In it that world Facebook is like the eBay of collectibles. You really have to be on there to make your business pop. It is like both have a monopoly of sorts.

He wants to leave, and is looking for options that will continue to give him good business exposure.

Old 06-17-2019, 05:23 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,511,169 times
I don't understand. I thought Facebook was run by godless liberals who wished to impose their radical leftist views on everyone including drug use.

Does he go by Mr. Weed or does he use his first name?

Old 06-17-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
In his case he's a real estate photographer. In it that world Facebook is like the eBay of collectibles. You really have to be on there to make your business pop. It is like both have a monopoly of sorts.

He wants to leave, and is looking for options that will continue to give him good business exposure.
I do get it serves a purpose for businesses. At this point, I don't think other options will give him the same exposure, unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies