Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 05:25 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It says he wrote the post more than 2 years ago.

Who was scrolling though his 2 year-old comments to make them public?
He has maintained a high profile.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Kashuv

Harvard rejects 94.6% of applicants. His loss is someone else's gain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 06:24 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Harvard was NOT wrong. The comments were made only two years ago. The shooting made him less racist? More likely is he just didn't expect the comments to be made public.

Further, if Harvard denied someone else based on such comments, they could point to Kyle and say "his comments were worse and you admitted him!" Or Kyle could say or do worse in the future as a Harvard alumni with Harvard on record as having known before he was admitted.
Pretty rich from a school that still actively discriminates against Asians and Jews.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 06-17-2019 at 07:39 PM..

Old 06-17-2019, 06:31 PM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I guess liberals have never made mistakes in their lives. They’re must be morally equal to God!

https://news.yahoo.com/harvard-resci...191409135.html
I'm glad that happened. Being a bigot is something I have a very difficult time forgiving. I know forgiveness is important. However, being is bigoted racist is one of the worst things a person can be, in my book. And there's nothing you can do to change my mind. I don't want to "take the moral high road". I want bigoted types out of my life.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:41 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
If it were a black kid that spewed garbage at 16 the liberals on this thread would be crying how he was just a child. In fact they have used that excuse for black thugs killed by the police. "He was only 17, he was just a kid.."

On the other hand the right say well many people served in the military at 16. No free pass he knew better.

In this case. A 16 year old young man exchanged racist taunts and slurs. No one was knifed, shot, ran over by a car or had their house burned down.
Harvard can deny him a seat at their table. It's up to them. But the left is being rather hypocritical.

The left feels that a bakery should have to bake a cake no matter who the customer is, on the other hand they are cheering that Harvard is refusing service to a young man based upon stupid behavior from 2 years earlier.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:41 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,101,396 times
Harvard has a HUGE pool of applicants from which to pick. Why would they pick someone who has shown such poor judgement? Of course, lots of 16 year olds show poor judgement, but most of the ones that do are not applying to Harvard. I think this guy can still redeem himself, just not at Harvard.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:43 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,158 times
Quote:
I'm glad that happened. Being a bigot is something I have a very difficult time forgiving. I know forgiveness is important. However, being is bigoted racist is one of the worst things a person can be, in my book. And there's nothing you can do to change my mind. I don't want to "take the moral high road". I want bigoted types out of my life.
Wow so you’ve never had a racist or bigoted thought in your entire life.

Well it’s an honor to meet you saint mother teresa!

Old 06-17-2019, 06:44 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
The liberals are not as loving and inclusive as they pretend to be.... Let the guy learn from his experience as we all have...

Old 06-17-2019, 06:49 PM

2,923 posts, read 977,841 times
don't feel the least bit bad for this kid. you want to be in the public eye you better hide all those skeletons real damn well. that why you NEVER NEVER NEVER use your real identity on the internet.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Wow so you’ve never had a racist or bigoted thought in your entire life.

Well it’s an honor to meet you saint mother teresa!
This is the thing. I don't get online and make derogatory comments about people of a particular race. It don't make sweeping comments about a particular race. I don't put racial slurs on the internet. I don't call anyone racial slurs. It's wrong. Period. Go ahead and call me self-righteous all you want. I'll gladly wear that crown. As someone who has been accosted by people who were very bigoted, I don't want to do that to anyone else. I don't tolerate that kind of crap. Why should I? Name one reason why I should.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
don't feel the least bit bad for this kid. you want to be in the public eye you better hide all those skeletons real damn well. that why you NEVER NEVER NEVER use your real identity on the internet.
I don't feel bad for this kid. However, it's for a different reason. He decided to post bigoted, racist stuff on the internet. He's wrong for that, period. No sympathy from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies