Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 01:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
irrelevant. I simply corrected your incorrect statement. obama's wars were not paid for, so you paid for nothing. you can't pay for something with nothing.
Who’s wars were paid for? Bush’s...who you voted twice for?

If wars don’t have to be paid for, neither do free lunches.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:41 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Who’s wars were paid for? Bush’s...who you voted twice for?
not only did I not vote for bush twice, I didn't vote for him once. fortunately you aren't fighting the wars though, because your aim is a wee bit off. you said "if I have to pay for wars." you haven't paid for anything. you were wrong, but we can all move past it now. I should not pay a single red cent for someone else's child.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
not only did I not vote for bush twice, I didn't vote for him once. fortunately you aren't fighting the wars though, because your aim is a wee bit off. you said "if I have to pay for wars." you haven't paid for anything. you were wrong, but we can all move past it now. I should not pay a single red cent for someone else's child.
You’re going to though. I never said that you have to like it. In fact, I’m enjoying the fact that you DON’T like it. It makes you good and mad. And if I were in your presence, I’d rub it in mercilessly in a way that would anger you even more.

I’d enjoy the veins popping outta your head like in that movie Scanners. Lol...that would of course goad me on even more.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:50 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You’re going to though. I never said that you have to like it. In fact, I’m enjoying the fact that you DON’T like it. It makes you good and mad. And if I were in your presence, I’d rub it in mercilessly in a way that would anger you even more.

I’d enjoy the veins popping outta your head like in that movie Scanners. Lol...that would of course goad me on even more.
nothing remotely resembling reality here. just a lot of boiling over anger because I humiliated you. I realize I am forced to pay for the children of the worthless. I do everything in my power to minimize the financial blow. you'd be surprised how easy it is to get creative to pay less in taxes. I don't experience anger. that is emotion, and emotion is for the weak. if you were "in my presence" you'd do absolutely nothing. you probably wouldn't even meet the dress code requirements.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:25 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
"The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) is available in hundreds of communities throughout Oregon, offering free meals and snacks to all kids ages 1-18. Community summer meal programs are open to all families without paperwork or signing up – kids can just drop in. Many programs also offer fun activities so kids can stay active and keep learning."

If Oregon constituents can afford it and support it, that's their prerogative. Maybe there is a child hunger problem in Oregon that they chose to address.

Or are we against state rights now?

Old 06-22-2019, 02:28 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Norway.
I think they specifically have a shorter school day to allow children to eat at home. So it may be a little misleading to include Norway as a discussion point.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:30 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
If it's a state program, I don't have any problem with that..

Old 06-22-2019, 02:30 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Wonder how many of these “hungry” kids own an iPhone and have high speed internet at home...

I guess those things are more important than food.
Oh, you have no idea. A co-worker of mine purposefully had two more kids in her 40's so she can get the benefits that come with them. She gets welfare and section 8 housing, while also driving a very nice Audi and always prancing around in new outfits and hair cuts every other week.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:38 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
That Interesting. I was a kid in the 80's and never received a free meal nor did anyone I know. Oh, and we were also low income.
We did. We were low income back then (around ‘85 or so), and I remember my mother taking us to the city pool during the summer, and then afterwards we would go to the nearby high school to eat lunch. At the time I had no idea why we were going to the HS to eat lunch, but now I know.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:39 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadgnome View Post
The OP asked the question as to why low income parents who already receive food stamps based on the number of family members also need this service and no one has provided an answer. Makes me think this is a backhanded way of increasing those entitlements, which *hopefully* would be adequate on their own.
Couple of reasons I can think of.

One, the schools are part of the government, and they want total control. And best way to that control is to monitor what you are doing and track your movements. Having the kids and the parents come to school during the long summer break is a good way to keep tabs on these kids. Some times it's a good thing, because kids might be suspected of real child abuse. But other times, it could be teachers being busy bodies.

Second. While I hope most people are using the WIC and EBT system as it was meant for, all too often I would here stories from friends who are managers at stores watch as a woman would come through with the EBT/WIC purchases, and then the next day come in and return it without a receipt and get money for it. The worst was the baby formula which could be $50 bucks some times, and then they would take the money and buy booze and cigarettes with it. This summer school program would be a good way to make damn sure that kid is eating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies