Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 02:57 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What does Saudi Arabia, Israel, Iraq and Afghanistan do to work for their free lunch?
In the US? They came here and "claimed asylum".

Old 06-22-2019, 03:00 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You’re going to though. I never said that you have to like it. In fact, I’m enjoying the fact that you DON’T like it. It makes you good and mad. And if I were in your presence, I’d rub it in mercilessly in a way that would anger you even more.

I’d enjoy the veins popping outta your head like in that movie Scanners. Lol...that would of course goad me on even more.
That's a bizarre and escalated response to what is being talked about here.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:07 PM

62,953 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Couple of reasons I can think of.

One, the schools are part of the government, and they want total control. And best way to that control is to monitor what you are doing and track your movements. Having the kids and the parents come to school during the long summer break is a good way to keep tabs on these kids. Some times it's a good thing, because kids might be suspected of real child abuse. But other times, it could be teachers being busy bodies.

Second. While I hope most people are using the WIC and EBT system as it was meant for, all too often I would here stories from friends who are managers at stores watch as a woman would come through with the EBT/WIC purchases, and then the next day come in and return it without a receipt and get money for it. The worst was the baby formula which could be $50 bucks some times, and then they would take the money and buy booze and cigarettes with it. This summer school program would be a good way to make damn sure that kid is eating.
It's enabling these welfare users though. In fact, it's double dipping into our tax coffers by receiving food stamps and also free school meals for their kids.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:33 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Once again I must defend the governments of the world. If you can't steal from the rich to feed the poor who will you be able to kill at a later date?

This is why the U.S. was wise to aid and fund Saddam in the 1980s during the Iran-Iraq War. If Iran had won instead of the generally accepted stalemate maybe the U.S. doesn't get the opportunity to kill hundreds of thousands Iraqi innocents in the subsequent decades.

So there's today lesson: always keep funding your schemes. You never know when you'll need to kill the beneficiaries at a later date.

Makes me think the same scenario here in the US. Government will go out of their way to make sure the poor keep pumping out kids because they are going to need somebody to be pawns when a war breaks out, and you can bet that the rich won't send their kids to the front lines.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:39 PM

89,023 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Do you have any idea how many charities there are that collect money and food?

How many food banks, soup kitchens, free breakfast, free lunch, weekend backpacks stuffed with more food to take home from school, SNAP, WIC, etc.?

When was the last time you saw an undernourished kid who NEEDED food?
Good point. Even the USDA has noted that the demographic group with the highest obesity rates are those who receive food stamps (and 59% of food stamp households double-/triple-dip or more by using multiple means-tested free food federal nutrition programs for the exact same meals). That includes both children and adults.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:39 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
nothing remotely resembling reality here. just a lot of boiling over anger because I humiliated you. I realize I am forced to pay for the children of the worthless. I do everything in my power to minimize the financial blow. you'd be surprised how easy it is to get creative to pay less in taxes. I don't experience anger. that is emotion, and emotion is for the weak. if you were "in my presence" you'd do absolutely nothing. you probably wouldn't even meet the dress code requirements.
Nah. Besides, you’re not the first guy to come on here making claims about being participants in high finance schemes to avoid taxes as if they’re Donald Trump.

You go to work everyday, and the requisite amount of tax comes out of your check just like everyone else.

You’re not avoiding any taxes whatsoever. At best you’ve got a few tax deferred plans. But that’s about it.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That's a bizarre and escalated response to what is being talked about here.
I’m just goofing off.

But he is gonna pay though. And so will you and I. Especially since I’ve gotta pay for hundred million dollar drones to get shot down. I don’t see any threads crying about that.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:52 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
So the same people beoytching about abortion are here complaining about feeding poor kids. I imagine all the anti-immigrant screeches like 'we need to take care of our own' - are also unhappy with this.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:54 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Where's the empathy and compassion by the left for the Americans who have been negatively impacted by illegal immigrant lawbreakers? Why is their compassion for the latter but none for the former? Is that what you call Christian values?

Just because we don't want to support the babies of irresponsible adults doesn't make us lacking in empathy or compassion. The parents need to support their own kids.
Yeah. You are. As is the republican party in general.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
OK, just found this today. Skimmed it. It's too long for me to respond to every post I'd like to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
If the Evangelical idiots succeed in outlawing abortion, I expect this "problem" to multiply exponentially.
Do not turn this into an abortion thread. There are enough of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
"The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) is available in hundreds of communities throughout Oregon, offering free meals and snacks to all kids ages 1-18. Community summer meal programs are open to all families without paperwork or signing up – kids can just drop in. Many programs also offer fun activities so kids can stay active and keep learning."

If Oregon constituents can afford it and support it, that's their prerogative. Maybe there is a child hunger problem in Oregon that they chose to address.

Or are we against state rights now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
If it's a state program, I don't have any problem with that..
It's a federal program run by the states.
https://www.fns.usda.gov/sfsp/sfsp-fact-sheets
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies