Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2019, 10:26 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times

Advertisements

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/273...iSQWg1GxGJvEGg I believe they are guilty as hell!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 10:29 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
What was Trump wrong about 30 years ago when basically EVERYONE in the NY/NJ/CT/PA/DE area were also convinced they were guilty?
No doubt, but Trump was the arrogant one who paid for full page ads calling for their execution.

The rest of us can say 'we were wrong', and 'thank God we found out the truth' ... not Trump.

Old 06-20-2019, 12:07 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I like how lack of an apology over an event that happened decades ago (prob before many of you were born) is now the thing that makes Orange Man Bad. But I guess when everything else is debunked you gotta reach for something.

Old 06-20-2019, 04:55 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
What was Trump wrong about 30 years ago when basically EVERYONE in the NY/NJ/CT/PA/DE area were also convinced they were guilty?
They were wrong, hence Trump was wrong. You answered your own question.

I could see if Trump had his way.

"I'm going to reinstitute this beautiful death penalty. I'm going to start next week. I have a plan that I will let you know about when the time is right but it's a beautiful plan to rid us of these kids and everyone is going to love it".

Old 06-20-2019, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I like how lack of an apology over an event that happened decades ago (prob before many of you were born) is now the thing that makes Orange Man Bad. But I guess when everything else is debunked you gotta reach for something.
No, there are many things. This simply adds to it and helps explain his issues.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:19 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
There were 4 black and 4 Latino jurors. Maybe in NYC in 1990, people of all races and ethnicity were biased against the defendants.
The crime in NYC was out of control at that time. Everyone was sick of it, regardless of race.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:21 AM

Quote:

You can thank the media and the police and the DAs office for that.

They should be the ones apologizing.

They are the ones who did the CP-5 dirty.
Never let facts get in the way of a good Trump bashing. The whole Netflix series that brought this case back out of history was just a big ant-Trump commercial.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In short, you don't care that those boys were coerced into confessing to crimes they didn't commit because you figure "they were criminals anyway". Thanks for showing us what a cold-blooded demeanor looks like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
My opinion on the situation. Some people know a miscarriage of justice had taken place, hence, an exoneration years later. However, some people see this as "well, they're a group of Black males, and we're scared of Black males. Locking them up did us a favor". We can go into stuff about crime rates, but it still wouldn't matter. If you confess to a crime you didn't commit so you don't have to go through the agony of court to prove your innocence, there is a problem here.

I've never been to New York City. Not yet anyway.

Someone said that stop and frisk cleaned up New York City. What no one considers is that the murder rate was dropping before S&F even took place. Gentrification chased alot of people out.
They were attacking people in the park. Yes, they deserved prison. Crime was out of control. A group of multiracial police, detectives, jurors, and others thought they were guilty. The media and activists are the only ones who made this about race.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
They were attacking people in the park. Yes, they deserved prison. Crime was out of control. A group of multiracial police, detectives, jurors, and others thought they were guilty. The media and activists are the only ones who made this about race.
14 year old's don't go to prison and for a good reason. One can understand why you would want to deflect from Trump's desire to see them dead.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
14 year old's don't go to prison and for a good reason. One can understand why you would want to deflect from Trump's desire to see them dead.
Attacking random, innocent people is good enough reason for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies