Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2019, 07:01 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Race is not tied to uniqueness. Actually, no real positives in the existence of different races. Example, instead of two, there could be one. Immediately, all unnecessary racial differences that have benefitted no one and caused nothing but distrust and hatred
would be gone. Instant better world.
Race certainly is a part of the uniqueness of human beings. Skin tones, hair color, etc. are a distinct difference between the races unless your are speaking of someone who has come from a very mixed background. The distrust and hatred come from the different cultures not race!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNativist View Post
Please cite your factual source and/or an original founding document that substantiates your claim of English being the only de facto language to be spoken in the U.S..I'll wait..And no, Trumps tweets nor Breitbart count...

Onwards, the worst rated educationally performing states are:
40. New Mexico
41 Tennessee
42 South Carolina
43 Oklahoma
44 Nevada
45 Kentucky
46 Alabama
47 Arkansas
48 Louisiana
49 West Virginia
50 Mississippi

Source: https://wallethub.com/edu/e/most-educated-states/31075/

Primarily red states, no wonder they fail to achieve and learn on par with their bilingual Euro counterparts. Who seemingly find more than enough time to not only learn, but become fluent, on average, in more languages. This is just one of many areas where we're weighed down by the orange worshiping crowd. And with spanish speakers set to outnumber us, I can't understand how you can logically conclude its not needed. Perhaps just another byproduct of your education (or lack thereof), I suppose.

And, where's your source that most immigrants live in red states? I guess we know whos really in the business of imaginitive "writing"..
How does speaking more than one language equate to being intellectually superior or superior in any other way? It's a waste of time in this country for the most part if you have no plan to reside or travel extensively to another country. Orange worshiping crowd? WTH does that vile remark have to do language usage? The only way Spanish speakers are going to outnumber us is via illegal immigration. Are you ok with that? Most Hispanics here legally or are citizens of our country know English so why would we need to learn Spanish to communicate with them?

I suggest you lay off the personal attacks on me also. It's against the rules of the forum!

Where are you getting that it's only the citizens of red states that don't feel the silly need to learn another language or that they are inferior because many don't?

If you noticed in my post I put "immigrants" in parenthesis because I was referring to illegal aliens. Calif. a blue state has the most illegal aliens of any state in the union. They have also settled in other liberal blue states. If I said "red" prior to this post then it was a color mistake on my part.

"The most commonly used language in the United States is English (specifically, American English), which is the de facto national language".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langua..._United_States

Old 10-15-2019, 06:23 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,741,154 times
So, my having mixed children is some sort of sign that I am racially unkind...? I’m not here to attack, but this argument about nativism stemming from racial love doesn’t click.

Old 10-15-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNativist View Post
Coming from someone who supports a "man" who can't contain his emotions and goes on hate filled rants on twitter to vent at 3am.. You really can't make this up..lol
If that's your opinion of him then why do you and yours do the same thing? Hate filled rants? Defending oneself from others initial hate filled attacks is now a hate filled rant on their part?
As for emotions look to the liberal left they are so emotional that they are foaming at the mouth!

Old 10-16-2019, 11:11 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The US has been multicultural since day one.

Immigrants poured into NYC and lived in ethnic ghetto tenements. The so called elite ( mostly British immigrated with wealth intact and lived in uptown in mansions built by lesser immigrants.

Lower Manhattan was all about shipping, pirates, bars and brothels and as multicultural as it gets.

The first gangs in the US were formed by different ethnicities and within ethnicities.
Great job selling multiculturalism. Hope you're better at selling houses.

Old 10-16-2019, 11:34 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If that's your opinion of him then why do you and yours do the same thing? Hate filled rants? Defending oneself from others initial hate filled attacks is now a hate filled rant on their part?
As for emotions look to the liberal left they are so emotional that they are foaming at the mouth!
Projection on your part. You regularly rant about Latinos and people speaking Spanish in public ad infinitum.

Old 10-16-2019, 11:36 AM

As a nation we started out being multi-ethnic but after the dust settled we became a melting pot "out of many one". Not, out of many, many. We have had an identifying culture and language for a very long time. We are not multi-cultural per se. Other cultures are just minority ones.

Old 10-16-2019, 11:37 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Western leaders tend to follow the wishes of their big money backers and Zionists
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Great job selling multiculturalism. Hope you're better at selling houses.
I know right? Basically her post said multiculruralism brought: Pirates (whatever that means), prositution, gangs and cheap labor.

Old 10-16-2019, 11:47 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How does speaking more than one language equate to being intellectually superior or superior in any other way? It's a waste of time in this country for the most part if you have no plan to reside or travel extensively to another country. Orange worshiping crowd? WTH does that vile remark have to do language usage? The only way Spanish speakers are going to outnumber us is via illegal immigration. Are you ok with that? Most Hispanics here legally or are citizens of our country know English so why would we need to learn Spanish to communicate with them?

I suggest you lay off the personal attacks on me also. It's against the rules of the forum!

Where are you getting that it's only the citizens of red states that don't feel the silly need to learn another language or that they are inferior because many don't?

If you noticed in my post I put "immigrants" in parenthesis because I was referring to illegal aliens. Calif. a blue state has the most illegal aliens of any state in the union. They have also settled in other liberal blue states. If I said "red" prior to this post then it was a color mistake on my part.

"The most commonly used language in the United States is English (specifically, American English), which is the de facto national language".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langua..._United_States
Bilingualism improves executive function of the brain. When you switch back and forth between languages, you see things from different perspectives. Your brain also better recognizes the nuances of verbiage and grammar of both languages... so knowing German or Spanish or Russian or Chinese can actually improve your English.

I work with those for whom English is not their first language, and just listening to the types of speech patterns they have, how they pronounce words, and even the errors they tend to make has allowed me to recognize more of the nuances of English... and I'm not even speaking their languages. It's really fascinating. Just spending time listening to and interacting with those who have different native languages can improve your understanding of not only your own language but also your own culture. And that's never a waste of time.

Old 10-16-2019, 12:33 PM

14,775 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Quote:
Multiculturalism Is a Nation Killer
Multi-cultism is a good thing, not a bad thing and diversity is a good thing.
Nation killer? America is the great Melting Pot, a nation of immigrants...we seem to be doing pretty good.
It has helped our Country grow, thrive, become stronger for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Multiculturalism -- The Distinguishing Factor That Makes Canada Great

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyjse.../#3bde26206b11
Great article!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Divide and conquer. They are trying to destroy our country and this is one of their most powerful weapons.
Who is they? How are they trying to divide? How are they trying to destroy our country?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Even if you make the entire world grey, theres gonna be those that the ink their shade is a nicer gray than everyone else.

So your right. Tribalism is an immaturity we need to shed.
Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies