Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2019, 09:15 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
AOC used a poor choice of words. Everyone knows what the term "concentration camp" invokes despite her efforts to define the term as something different. Only a few on the far liberal left would buy into that bullcrap.

It's absurd to compare our detention centers to something from Nazi Germany, for reasons that need no explanation. It's also an insult to America. If AOC is too ignorant to not know that these detention centers have been operating for far longer than Trump has been in office, she has no business being in the House.

BTW, it looks like she'll very well be a one-hit wonder with the people in her district not being very happy with her job performance, and rightfully so.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/48494...-ryan-saavedra
Don't we wish...

I have pretty frequently passed through "The Hub" in South Bronx and, the last vestiges of projects in Long Island City, which used to be a hole (The Queensbridge Houses), you can see how she got elected.

The population there almost makes a case for voting being a license-required activity.

Many of those people would still support her even after losing Amazon; they don't work, many of them never worked and, likely never will.

She is exactly what Democratic party wants. So in NYC no Democrat would run against her and, those areas would never vote for someone called a Republican (even their own skin or kin).

We're stuck with her in congress...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 09:20 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
Don't we wish...

I have pretty frequently passed through "The Hub" in South Bronx and, the last vestiges of projects in Long Island City, which used to be a hole (The Queensbridge Houses), you can see how she got elected.

The population there almost makes a case for voting being a license-required activity.

Many of those people would still support her even after losing Amazon; they don't work, many of them never worked and, likely never will.

She is exactly what Democratic party wants. So in NYC no Democrat would run against her and, those areas would never vote for someone called a Republican (even their own skin or kin).

We're stuck with her in congress...
Or have property ownership requirements attached, particularly for being able to vote to raise property taxes.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:20 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Normstad. Good suggestion. I suspect you would be howling with outrage if that were actually done. That is proceeding to schedule hearings for the relatives.
And you would be wrong. People who are undocumented aliens can and should be removed, with the exception of those that would have qualified under DACA. I could be convinced that someone in country for an extended period of time (pick a figure, 10, 12 or 20 years), if they have not committed any felonies, could apply for an exemption, one that would be more generous than restrictive, but I would have to see the details of such an exemption.

What I can't accept is the inhumane actions of the US government, including destroying water caches in the desert, endangering lives by doing so, and the concentration camps being run where children, and adults, are held. That is inhumane.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:21 AM

2,065 posts, read 1,864,413 times
I can only hope that Cortez has been awakened to the cruelty of her words, if she considers the plights of others at all besides the people at the southern border. I do doubt it; I get the impression that she is very self-absorbed, immature and not particularly bright. She wants attention and prominence among her peers... her main goal.

I realize that my family situation is probably far more extreme than the norm for Jewish people here in the US. I have seen some articles are rather mushy regarding her intentions and words saying "well, if this were different and that were different than maybe the containment centers would be like the concentration camps." Well, those aren't the situations as they stand so the term is misleading and downright evil. Along with using "never again." I am still literally sick to my stomach.

Most Jews didn't lose the majority of their family or have both parents who were survivors of the camps. (It did mess them up, by the way, both physically and emotionally. As children, my siblings and I had to deal with all that). Most are much farther away from the pain that all of this evokes, as parents and grandparents were born in the US. Hence the mushy rhetoric from SOME in the so-called extreme Liberal Jewish community. Lots of clueless people out there. They just don't really understand what happened, as it didn't effect them very much.

I hope that some you reading this do care; it would mean a lot right now.

Last edited by mgkeith; 06-21-2019 at 10:41 AM..

Old 06-21-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
But the illegals are complaining about the ankle bracelets being uncomfortable and being forced to wear them makes them like a criminal.
How long until a liberal judge declares it inhumane and eliminates the use of ankle bracelets (for illegals).

When did Obama do this?
You may want to take a look at this thread which shows that under Obama more criminals and undocumented aliens were removed than under Trump. It's the criminals which truly need to go.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-vs-trump.html

Old 06-21-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
There is a difference. And there's also an enormous difference between "concentration camp" and the camps on the border.
Really, why don't you tell us what those difference might be?

Old 06-21-2019, 10:25 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Great, let’s do the ankle bracelet thing. However, the current state of the Democrats is to do nothing. This crisis has been perpetuated by the Democrats who only recently admitted there is a problem after two years of denying it. Fund border security and fund immigration reform and this can be solved,
Democrats have said all along to put an ankle bracelet on them - where have you been?

THIS crisis is created and perpetuated by none other than the current administration who haven't a clue what they are doing.

OBAMA had border crossings down to a 40 year LOW until Trump came along with his family separation policies and detaining everyone

Trump was offered what - 20 some billion for his wall and security in exchange for the Dreamers and he refused.

The man can't make a deal to save his life. The ONLY deal he has made is the one promoted and created by Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell Tax cuts for the rich.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:37 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yes. She's right. We are. She didn't say death camps - she said concentration camps. There's a difference.
ok...concentration camps...built by obama

Old 06-21-2019, 10:39 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Democrats have said all along to put an ankle bracelet on them - where have you been?

THIS crisis is created and perpetuated by none other than the current administration who haven't a clue what they are doing.

OBAMA had border crossings down to a 40 year LOW until Trump came along with his family separation policies and detaining everyone

Trump was offered what - 20 some billion for his wall and security in exchange for the Dreamers and he refused.

The man can't make a deal to save his life. The ONLY deal he has made is the one promoted and created by Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell Tax cuts for the rich.
Obama did NOT have numbers down

and the family separation ..that was well before trump

Old 06-21-2019, 10:40 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:

I have never heard this and I don't see anything on it. Could you provide a link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies