Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2019, 07:09 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkeith View Post
The source for Lifehackers:

"Nicole Dieker has been writing about personal finance for over six years. She's also the author of The Biographies of Ordinary People, a Millennial-era Little Women."

When ever I see an article upon which the source involves controversial subjects, I consider the source of the periodical. I prefer neutral sources and experienced journalists. This is not a good source, and I wouldn't blindly accept her opinions. Apparently they use whoever wants to write an article for them--an inexpensive freelancer. I might accept her opinions on millenial era Little Women.
Understood, however, I found useful information at that link for any one looking for 'how to' information, as well as the photos of the summer vacation spots. I will post a quote from the page for any one who may be interested in another compare and review or just interested period. From Nicole Dieker's article ...

Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Office of the Inspector General (OIG) Management Alert: DHS Needs to Address Dangerous Overcrowding Among Single Adults at El Paso Del Norte Processing Center

" ... link is an official government document detailing conditions at a federal border patrol processing facility. It includes photos of overcrowded cells (with detainees literally body-to-body), as well as evidence that personal belongings and other effects are being taken from individuals and thrown into dumpsters." (my bold because I did not forget AnesthesiaMD, post)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 07:12 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Except that the Jews were full citizens of Germany and the Jews fought on the German side in WW I. They had the rights of Germans. The illegal migrants are not the same.
Both the Jews in Nazi Germany and the children in the USA concentration camps are human beings.

That's all we need to know. They deserve to be treated like humans in a humanitarian way.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:15 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
Here we go again. Taking pictures from the Obama years and blaming Trump.

https://twitter.com/drawandstrike/st...54885505306625

Old 06-23-2019, 07:17 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
A Holocaust memorial group, From the Depths, has invited AOC to a private tour of Auschwitz with the hope, of course, that once she sees the mass murders a government committed against its own citizens she will understand why the comparison of Nazi camps to holding facilities for foreigners entering without approval is an offensive, false, and highly insulting comparison.

AOC declined the invitation. She clearly is not interested in understanding the depths of evil perpetrated against Jewish citizens by its own government or gaining insight as to why her comment has caused such outrage.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/48768...-ryan-saavedra

Old 06-23-2019, 07:21 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Both the Jews in Nazi Germany and the children in the USA concentration camps are human beings.

That's all we need to know. They deserve to be treated like humans in a humanitarian way.
You are diminishing the horrors perpetrated against Jews by making this comparison. Why not compare the migrants to the treatment of slaves? I'll tell you why: because such a comparison would be insulting to blacks, and liberals wouldn't have the chutzpah to do it. But insulting Jews? Eh.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The AOC–Liz Cheney “Concentration Camp” Fight Might Just Be a Distractions

"As usual, though, this episode hasn’t just been a fight over words. It’s a fight about whose closest Holocaust survivor has a monopoly on suffering. It’s a fight about who is using which people’s pain to score political points. It’s a fight about each of our subjective feelings about words as attached to our own lives and histories. In short, it’s an unwinnable semantic debate about us, instead of an active, moral conversation about the children who are currently being kept in freezing cages, where some of them have died and more seem likely to die soon. " (my bold)

But lets be frank ... we didn't need her help in order to deny the situation for what it is ... we were already there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkeith View Post
No idea what you are trying to prove to me here.
People will detract with the lesser of the evils, use politics in order to prove a point, when in reality the point is not in the politics, but in the inhuman treatment of others. Something I see and hear Trump doing all the time, because he doesn't care about people and I doubt he ever did.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:26 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times

Old 06-23-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
A Holocaust memorial group, From the Depths, has invited AOC to a private tour of Auschwitz with the hope, of course, that once she sees the mass murders a government committed against its own citizens she will understand why the comparison of Nazi camps to holding facilities for foreigners entering without approval is an offensive, false, and highly insulting comparison.

AOC declined the invitation. She clearly is not interested in understanding the depths of evil perpetrated against Jewish citizens by its own government or gaining insight as to why her comment has caused such outrage.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/48768...-ryan-saavedra
When will you be touring the facilities here in the u.s.? Oh wait ...

Old 06-23-2019, 07:40 PM

2,065 posts, read 1,864,413 times
Quote:
You are diminishing the horrors perpetrated against Jews by making this comparison. Why not compare the migrants to the treatment of slaves? I'll tell you why: because such a comparison would be insulting to blacks, and liberals wouldn't have the chutzpah to do it. But insulting Jews? Eh.

I sure hope that isn't true, but I have heard and read some scary stuff lately. Made me all the more primed for getting upset over the initial issue presented on this thread.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

Quote:
The GOP Doesn’t Actually Care If You Call Them ‘Concentration Camps’

"The GOP has met each migrant death in American custody and each report about the abuses against migrants perpetrated by the government with deafening silence. And so, when the Democrats repeatedly bring up the shocking truth of these awful places, the goal of the Republican criticism of the Democrats is to downplay or continue to ignore the problem. Since these detention facilities aren’t as bad as Auschwitz, they say, there’s no reason to do anything about them or even to think there’s anything problematic about them. And, in fact, comparing them to Nazi camps is the real offense, not the ghastly abuses committed against migrants or the detention facilities themselves.

This bad faith criticism isn’t based on a great deal of care for the feelings of Jews or a deep understanding of the Holocaust." (my bold)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies