Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 09:29 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Thongs and pasties? Do you ever think to yourself, "I'm overreacting?"
You're right. I mean, when the library then starts putting on safer sex presentations along side drag shows and raffling off chest binders to CHILDREN as young as 9 years old, I guess it's all good, right??

I mean, what 9 year can't use info on safe sex and a chest binder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 09:34 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
The links speak for themselves.

Libraries Respond: Drag Queen Story Hour | Advocacy, Legislation & Issues

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/25/62318...-from-book-awa

Of course, parents are free to make their own decisions, and if they want to simply not take their kids to drag queen story hour and continue having their kids read the Little House books, they are free to do so -- and that would be my personal choice if my kids were still young.

P.S. I just discovered that this story is five months old, but apparently, drag queen story hour is still continuing. https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/50...een-story-hour
The main story line is about Laura Ingalls Wilder's own life, literally her autobiography written in such a way that it appeals to young readers.

It is a blessing if my 6-7 year old nephews choose to pick up a classic like "little house". They have plenty of time (perhaps a life time) to see drag queens in action. No need to listen to their stories.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:36 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You're right. I mean, when the library then starts putting on safer sex presentations along side drag shows and raffling off chest binders to CHILDREN as young as 9 years old, I guess it's all good, right??

I mean, what 9 year can't use info on safe sex and a chest binder?
You are the one that says nine-year-olds. My definition of "tweens" is eleven and twelve. And I would think that the raffle would be open to the teens that want a chest binder. Of course, I'm okay with a teen event organized by teens for teens. I think the library is an appropriate venue for such an event, and I think that teens who are discovering that their sexual identity isn't mainstream need to find support networks. I would rather they have that support than commit suicide, but that's just me.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:39 AM

well, drag queen definition is

a man who dresses up in women's clothes, typically for the purposes of entertainment.

So drag queen has little to do with one's sexuality or sexual orientation or gender identity.

we have a nice lady ( geekygirl ) who is a transexual, I wonder if she wants to be labeled as a drag queen.

Hopefully, she can comment on this.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You are the one that says nine-year-olds. My definition of "tweens" is eleven and twelve. And I would think that the raffle would be open to the teens that want a chest binder. Of course, I'm okay with a teen event organized by teens for teens. I think the library is an appropriate venue for such an event, and I think that teens who are discovering that their sexual identity isn't mainstream need to find support networks. I would rather they have that support than commit suicide, but that's just me.
You are OK with teens teaching kids safe LGBT sex in a public library? Followed by a drag show and raffle of transgender-body products (chest binder)?

PS. TGs commit suicide because they are mentally ill. Not because there aren't enough library programs that show how to use a condom.

Good flipping grief.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, drag queen definition is

a man who dresses up in women's clothes, typically for the purposes of entertainment.

So drag queen has little to do with one's sexuality or sexual orientation or gender identity.

we have a nice lady ( geekygirl ) who is a transexual, I wonder if she wants to be labeled as a drag queen.

Hopefully, she can comment on this.
Right.

So why are drag shows almost always associated with LGBT events?

What percentage of drag queens are heterosexual?

Old 06-25-2019, 09:47 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nobody has ever given me a reason why drag queens should be reading to kids. Go ahead and try though.
Why not. Entertainers entertaining kids. They are willing to volunteer their time to read to kids and they are entertaining.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Why not. Entertainers entertaining kids. They are willing to volunteer their time to read to kids and they are entertaining.
If I have a choice: Little house or drag queen show / story telling

My choice for my nephews and my little Godson would be "little house" book reading. Not like I have anything against drag queens, I just have my own preference for my boys.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:54 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
The links speak for themselves.

Libraries Respond: Drag Queen Story Hour | Advocacy, Legislation & Issues

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/25/62318...-from-book-awa

Of course, parents are free to make their own decisions, and if they want to simply not take their kids to drag queen story hour and continue having their kids read the Little House books, they are free to do so -- and that would be my personal choice if my kids were still young.

P.S. I just discovered that this story is five months old, but apparently, drag queen story hour is still continuing. https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/50...een-story-hour
So is it okay to watch 'The Waltons' or not.

I remember the music from 'Little House on the Prarie', as soon as the music came on, you knew it was time to switch channels.

However I certainly won't be watching the Rocky Horror Show instead.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:54 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
PS. TGs commit suicide because they are mentally ill. Not because there aren't enough library programs that show how to use a condom.
They commit suicide because of the way they are treated by conservative Christians. Same as has historically been with gay people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies