Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 09:54 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You are OK with teens teaching kids safe LGBT sex in a public library? Followed by a drag show and raffle of transgender-body products (chest binder)?

PS. TGs commit suicide because they are mentally ill. Not because there aren't enough library programs that show how to use a condom.

Good flipping grief.
I'm fine with teens organizing an event where the topic of safe sex is discussed.

I'm fine with a drag show.

I'm fine with a raffle for a chest binder.

Your remark about teens committing suicide is spectacularly callous. Given how strongly you say you are pro-life, I would think that you would be very supportive of any programs that help teens who are considering suicide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 10:04 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm fine with teens organizing an event where the topic of safe sex is discussed.

I'm fine with a drag show.

I'm fine with a raffle for a chest binder.

Your remark about teens committing suicide is spectacularly callous. Given how strongly you say you are pro-life, I would think that you would be very supportive of any programs that help teens who are considering suicide.
No, it's not callous. It's the truth. Recognizing the truth? Is the only way to problem solve.

Why is showing kids how to have sex the answer to suicide? That's the point of the library event, right, to show children how to have safe sex? It's not a counseling session. It's a how-to.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
No, it's not callous. It's the truth. Recognizing the truth? Is the only way to problem solve.

Why is showing kids how to have sex the answer to suicide? That's the point of the library event, right, to show children how to have safe sex? It's not a counseling session. It's a how-to.
I think the point of the library event is to provide support to teens who are in the process of discovering who they are. I think that your focus on "how-to" is about your own mindset, and not the mindset of the teens involved, or the mindset of the library management.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
I think the point of the library event is to provide support to teens who are in the process of discovering who they are. I think that your focus on "how-to" is about your own mindset, and not the mindset of the teens involved, or the mindset of the library management.
No. You don't get to *guess* what it is about and then explain why you think it's great according to YOUR guess as to the content of the event, discounting what you believe is the mindset of library management. Talk about living in fiction.

It's how it was advertised. So that's what the intent is. The event was put on by teens. At a library. Did you even go to the link? I'm guessing not.

Reality. Truth. Why are so many averse to them?

Let me pick ... Little House Books ..... or LGBT drag show / safe sex talk / TG raffle ... which is more appropriate for kids ...

Old 06-25-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
No. You don't get to *guess* what it is about and then explain why you think it's great according to YOUR guess as to the content of the event, discounting what you believe is the mindset of library management. Talk about living in fiction.

It's how it was advertised. So that's what the intent is. The event was put on by teens. At a library. Did you even go to the link? I'm guessing not.

Reality. Truth. Why are so many averse to them?

Let me pick ... Little House Books ..... or LGBT drag show / safe sex talk / TG raffle ... which is more appropriate for kids ...
It wasn't advertised as a "how-to". That's on you.

And yes, I did go to the link.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
It wasn't advertised as a "how-to". That's on you.

And yes, I did go to the link.
What does a safe sex presentation mean? How to.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:34 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Conservatives believe that gay people should be forced into conversion therapy to be "fixed" with prayer and "treatment." Ironically so many times that's what ends up resulting in suicide for many LGBT youth.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
What does a safe sex presentation mean? How to.
Not necessarily. I've attended safe-sex presentations that simply instruct you to consult with your doctor about properly using birth control. IE, if you forget to take the pill, don't take two the next day. Using a condom as a supplement to birth control is a good idea. If you have a rash, or pain, or unexpected bleeding, consult a doctor. Etc.

I would doubt that a library presentation would be particularly graphic, as the library management would probably shut graphic presentations down.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Not necessarily. I've attended safe-sex presentations that simply instruct you to consult with your doctor about properly using birth control. IE, if you forget to take the pill, don't take two the next day. Using a condom as a supplement to birth control is a good idea. If you have a rash, or pain, or unexpected bleeding, consult a doctor. Etc.

I would doubt that a library presentation would be particularly graphic, as the library management would probably shut graphic presentations down.
You are an adult. What would the discussion be about for kids?

BC is not an issue for LGBT. What 11 y old is going to know anything about LGBT sex? They need to know what to do before they know how to protect themselves.

It would have to be a "this is what you do and then you use this for protection" discussion. Or else it would be pointless.

People need to open their eyes. Really look at what's happening.

Public libraries discussing LGBT safe sex practices? Why? Wake Up.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Conservatives believe that gay people should be forced into conversion therapy to be "fixed" with prayer and "treatment." Ironically so many times that's what ends up resulting in suicide for many LGBT youth.
To me, that's why programs like this, that tell young people who are discovering that their tastes and preferences aren't mainstream that they aren't alone are so important. It also serves as a place that lets young people understand that there are boundaries. The acceptance of LGBT lifestyles doesn't mean that there aren't boundaries. I can't help but think that a supportive environment where people can discuss sex more freely will lead to more abuse victims coming forward as well. Sex shouldn't be associated with shame. And programs like the one we are discussing as well as the drag queen reading program serve our society by making that clear. Sex and shame don't go together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies