Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 04:36 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Exactly how are they outdated and unnecessary?
You can look them up. Most were redundant. Which ones do you think will cause dirty air and dirty water?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 04:37 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Not as much as our own pollution does. I cannot control China NOR do I aspire to be China in any way, shape or form.

So, you agree with climate change? You know, climate change, involves the not just the United States....Yes?

Old 06-20-2019, 05:37 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,366,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
These are just for starters.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rollbacks.html

Trump in addition has rolled backed rules for coal emissions.

https://www.salon.com/2018/08/21/tru...deaths-a-year/

I am opposed to these roll backs. I oppose them for the sake of anybody that cares for their kids or our own health.

Are you for or against?
There is not enough info there to make any kind of decision regarding these changes/modifications.

But that doesn't slow your outrage.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:04 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Yeah lets all start throwing our garbage and waste products in the sewer or any local river. scrap the EPA ,oil change? straight into the sewer. lets all drown in our own shyte.

panic much? reality check here, these things are STILL ILLEGAL TO DO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post

nice try, but the flint michigan water crisis began under the obama administration, so why didnt he do anything about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Well, like all people with common sense, I'm opposed. Trump supporters like polluted air and foul water, cuz……..…Freedom !!!

this is one of the stupidest posts you have ever made, and shows you ignorance. as trump said, we dont mind regulations, but they need to make sense, and they need to be consistent.

Quote:
Exactly how are they outdated and unnecessary?

the vast majority of the regulations that were eliminated came from the 70s and 80s. newer regulations, and new technologies rendered those regulations obsolete and unnecessary. and every regulation on the books cost businesses money, so we need to keep up with cutting regulations that are outdated, unnecessary, contradictive, or excessive.

again regulations can be good, but they need to make sense, and they need to avoid contradiction. we dont need regulations just to have regulations.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:14 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You can look them up. Most were redundant. Which ones do you think will cause dirty air and dirty water?
As I thought; you have no answer. You're simply parroting what you've been fed by right wing media. I've heard it time and time again.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:16 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
As I thought; you have no answer. You're simply parroting what you've been fed by right wing media. I've heard it time and time again.

in other words you are too lazy to do your own research, and make assumptions that are just not true.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:24 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,678 times
Quote:
So its either an out of control Nazi like EPA, or waste everywhere? No in between that still PROTECTS the environment but doesn't have unnecessary, horrible regulations that are outdated and meaningless?
How do you know for sure that these regulations are not required? Are you a scientist? Have you read papers that study these requirements?

Old 06-20-2019, 06:26 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Good!
So you want global warming then?

Old 06-20-2019, 06:42 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
So its either an out of control Nazi like EPA, or waste everywhere? No in between that still PROTECTS the environment but doesn't have unnecessary, horrible regulations that are outdated and meaningless?
If you trumpists want to abandon all forms of environmental rules and regulations how long do you think its going to take industry to start major polution to save money, how do you envision a state of in between? IMO you either have environmental laws or you dont. the results of your solution=
https://images.app.goo.gl/R3J3wes33mG6yH6XA

Old 06-20-2019, 07:35 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Guess china has ZERO to do with the ozone layer?

You are right, there is no rational explination why you would consider that china's air pollution does not affect our pollution....
So, am I right in deducing that you think China should dictate our environmental policies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies