Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 08:29 AM

20,098 posts, read 16,018,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Because police have a certain amount of discretion. The responding officer could have easily stated, "I didn't see the infraction being committed, therefore there's not much I can do about it."
Apparently, they don’t believe they do.
Quote:
"Aurora Police Department spokeswoman Crystal McCoy told the Problem Solvers the officer who wrote the ticket is sympathetic to Nancy Daoust's diagnosis of dementia but said the officer had no choice.

"When a property owner wants a law enforced on their property, this is not an area that we have discretion in," McCoy said."
Additionally, this might be a good thing - it might force the husband to get the woman the care she clearly needs. Something bad could accidentally happen to her if she wanders off.

Old 06-21-2019, 09:01 AM

19,371 posts, read 12,020,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
The real issue.

I had exactly the same reaction when I saw this report on the local news.
Sadly, the husband seems unable or unwilling to accept the reality of his wife’s condition.
People want to make the neighbor the “bad guy” when in fact s/he may be the only one seeing the situation clearly.
Maybe now that this is receiving so much attention, the wife will get the care she needs.
More like a reason to bash police and the "mean" neighbor. Unless social services steps in things will probably get worse. This seemed to hit her fast (and young), but she looks very able to move well, so it is dangerous that she can get outside in an instant and probably get pretty far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 09:02 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,041,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

The OP is deluded about the crime rate.
I think you may be on to something here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies