Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 06:30 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Quit making things up about conservatives. Bolton and Pompeo are big government supporters. To say otherwise is just plain dumb and inane.
Grass roots conservative voters may be about smaller govt....but the folks they vote in never seem to follow through on the claims of wanting smaller govt.

Is Rand Paul the only conservative who really IS about smaller govt.

I am ALL about smaller govt...but historically Republicans talk about it and NEVER seem to adopt any real policies to support their claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 06:33 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
It's not just Bolton and the neocons who want the U.S to attack and go to war with Iran, the neolibs are all for it as well.

I visited a popular liberal website to see the reaction on Iran. I discovered there were two camps. One side thinks going to war would be a terrible idea...they are against it all the way. Then you have a group that is much more critical of Trump pulling out of attacking Iran than the idea of going to war..these are the neolibs! They make themselves obvious by saying Trump changed his mind in order to please Putin.
Pacifism is a loser's game.

If I am what you want to call a "neocon" or "neolib", so be it. I'd rather be on the side fighting for a world where there are fewer countries with nuclear weapons, where murderous dictators aren't killing their citizens, and where the US is in a position of strength to maintain peace throughout the world.

What you want is the exact opposite, and the irony is that that is a much more dangerous world to live in.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:37 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Trump did. He just changed his mind. An hour later.
Great leaders think through things, listen to their advisers and make decisions.

Plenty of Dems would have supported dropping those bombs.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:38 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
They're Republicans, and they're also globalists.
I look at them the same way

Old 06-21-2019, 06:40 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Great leaders think through things, listen to their advisers and make decisions.

Plenty of Dems would have supported dropping those bombs.
I don't get the impression that Trump's change of heart is from listening to his advisers..

Old 06-21-2019, 06:41 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,180,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
And our evidence is some random guy on CD claiming he read it in another forum. Color me convinced!
Yeah no kidding. He read it on a website he won't link to and won't name the "neolibs" that he's claiming are for attacking Iran.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:43 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't get the impression that Trump's change of heart is from listening to his advisers..
Of course you don't, because you've already made up your mind that you don't like him.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:43 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Stop passing the buck and blaming liberals for conservatives like Bolton and Pompeo who want to attack Iran. It is just plain dumb and inane.
Thank you. No democratic president would have picked those two. NOR would they have withdrawn from the Iran agreement that OUR ALLIES are still in.

Wars in the middle east are stupid. Let Lindsay Graham go fight if he's so keen on killing people.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:45 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
I bet they find ways to hurt Iran without shooting something at them.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:48 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,180,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Pacifism is a loser's game.

If I am what you want to call a "neocon" or "neolib", so be it. I'd rather be on the side fighting for a world where there are fewer countries with nuclear weapons, where murderous dictators aren't killing their citizens, and where the US is in a position of strength to maintain peace throughout the world.

What you want is the exact opposite, and the irony is that that is a much more dangerous world to live in.
We (the United States and every major ally) had the deal with Iran to prevent them from creating nuclear weapons. The Trump administration decided they did not want to honor that deal, so Iran no longer is either. This is a much worse situation. The previous situation did not require fighting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies