Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2019, 07:23 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,063,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, it's expecially hillarious when all the cheap illegal labor helps to undercut unions and hits black demographics harder than anyone else. Heee heee....ho ho....great humor!
Wanna go there? Great. I love it.

It put MILLIONS of whites out of jobs in a whole host of industries from meatpacking to textile work to construction work. What did you guys do about it? Tell me!

Unions? Don’t make me laugh. African Americans aren’t the demographic that consistently voted to undermine unions. Whites did. And they continue to vote in right to work legislation over and over again. Not blacks.

The narrative that these illegals hurt blacks more is bull and you know it. If it did, no one would give a damn. Blacks would be complaining about it, not whites. Whites push that false narrative to blacks because they want allies in the fight against illegal immigration and the demographic changes that might negatively affect whites. They aren’t telling us that narrative because they care about black folks. Let’s not be silly here.

BTW...my post didn’t have anything to do with illegal immigrants. Why you jumped to that conclusion is beyond me. Maybe it’s because YOU feel threatened by the demographic shift. Don’t put that bull on me. That’s your Hangup. Not mine.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:17 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,588,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, it's expecially hillarious when all the cheap illegal labor helps to undercut unions and hits black demographics harder than anyone else. Heee heee....ho ho....great humor!
Even without undocumented immigrants many of these employers will still find ways to undercut their workers. Undocumented immigrants are being made scapegoats if you ask me. Too many people have bought into the narrative that undocumented immigrants are hurting black folks, shoot we were dealing this crap before undocumented immigrants were an issue. I swear people stay blaming the poorer and the powerless for why things are bad in society, instead of the powerful who really control things.

Also unions have been out of the door in this country long before undocumented immigration was an issue, I live in the south and a large portion of people here are against them!!

Old 06-22-2019, 09:31 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,063,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Even without undocumented immigrants many of these employers will still find ways to undercut their workers. Undocumented immigrants are being made scapegoats if you ask me. Too many people have bought into the narrative that undocumented immigrants are hurting black folks, shoot we were dealing this crap before undocumented immigrants were an issue. I swear people stay blaming the poorer and the powerless for why things are bad in society, instead of the powerful who really control things.

Also unions have been out of the door in this country long before undocumented immigration was an issue, I live in the south and a large portion of people here are against them!!
Undocumented immigrants have NEVER been to blame for any deleterious effects on black folks. I know what group is responsible for THAT if blame has to be assigned, and I’m not saying that it does. But if we’re gonna talk about who has traditionally hurt blacks, it’s definitely not illegals.

What kills me is they keep voting for and supporting the folks that seek the cheap illegal labor: big business and their Republican allies in Congress.

But no..the blacks. SMH

Old 06-22-2019, 09:33 PM

15,730 posts, read 7,529,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don’t know about that, but I wouldn’t mind you guys leaving. I’ll even throw in Oklahoma, Arkansas and Mississippi for the trouble.

Take Trump with you while you’re at it.
No you have to keep Trump.

I said what I did because, Texas has gold reserves, military and oil, that and a school teacher that said, Texas can stand independent as its own country.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 06-22-2019 at 09:53 PM..

Old 06-22-2019, 10:39 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,564,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How many times do I have to go over this in this forum? If you know how to speak English then speak it in public as it's a non-assimilating factor IMO if they don't. I don't care what language one speaks at home but I prefer not to feel like I'm living in Mexico out in public. I couldn't care less what the topic of their conversations are either. It's just plain annoying having to listen to it when you can't escape it. No, I have never thought that strangers were talking about me? They don't know me so why would I be the topic of their conversation? They can't talk about cars and families in English? Many don't even bother to learn English either.

Simple as that!
You are stereotyping. I know many Hispanics, mostly from Mexico, but also from Argentina, Cuba, Columbia and Guatemala.

I recall one fellow who came up on a spousal visa, as his wife was seconded to Canada on assignment. Marcelo didn't know a word of English when he came. However, he took lessons through the Mennonite Center for Newcomers, and within 9 months, not only spoke English, he was able to speak idiomatic English correctly. Don't stereotype.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:47 PM

16,051 posts, read 10,610,095 times
Say Good bye to Texas...

Don't you mean "Adios"?

Old 06-22-2019, 11:23 PM

15,068 posts, read 6,128,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Wanna go there? Great. I love it.

It put MILLIONS of whites out of jobs in a whole host of industries from meatpacking to textile work to construction work. What did you guys do about it? Tell me!

Unions? Don’t make me laugh. African Americans aren’t the demographic that consistently voted to undermine unions. Whites did. And they continue to vote in right to work legislation over and over again. Not blacks.

The narrative that these illegals hurt blacks more is bull and you know it. If it did, no one would give a damn. Blacks would be complaining about it, not whites. Whites push that false narrative to blacks because they want allies in the fight against illegal immigration and the demographic changes that might negatively affect whites. They aren’t telling us that narrative because they care about black folks. Let’s not be silly here.

BTW...my post didn’t have anything to do with illegal immigrants. Why you jumped to that conclusion is beyond me. Maybe it’s because YOU feel threatened by the demographic shift. Don’t put that bull on me. That’s your Hangup. Not mine.
🙌🙌🙌

Well said.

Old 06-23-2019, 12:35 AM

62,658 posts, read 28,833,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post

No such thing as an undocumented immigrant they are illegal aliens according to our laws. Before millions of illegal aliens flooded our border construction work use to pay double what it does now so to say that workers would be undercut anyway by their employers is pure nonsense. It's the law of supply and demand at work here. There is no scapegoating when the truth is involved.

Blaming the poor and powerless? Huh? These are illegal aliens we are talking about who don't even have a right to be in this country. It's dishonest to blur the lines with our own poor. There is a three-fold blame here. The business that hire illegals, our government and the illegal themselves. No one drags them over the border to work here. Unions have nothing to do with this issue either.

Old 06-23-2019, 01:04 AM

32,954 posts, read 12,241,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
When it all boils down this is about an old dude who wants everyone in public to kowtow to what he thinks is right!

He not only wants the right do what HE wants, but he feels 300 Million others have to do what he wants! Should he be able to see their texts on their phones also? After all, people may be talking about HIM.

They may also be texting with relatives 1/2 way around the world.....in Chinese! OMG! Or, they may be texting in Spanish with a relative in the parking lot.

Those of you who feel this way - don't come to Sarasota! Those Amish will be speaking that strange dutch/german in public much of the time....maybe they are talking about YOU?

You'd think a Political Discussion would involve actual politics. I'd say that most Americans are in agreement that to become a full fledged citizens one should learn English. That would seem about as far as politics go in this matter. We are all Americans - and that includes S. Americans and Central Americans...who are some of our top trading partners and also many have become citizens here.

Buying the "Trump Line" of drugs, rapists and murderers seems passe. Heck, even The Don is softening up because he knows election season is around the corner. Someone is telling him what to do and he is doing it.

No one really believed that Mexico was going to pay for a Wall and that it would be built on Day One, did they?
There’s that old saying (I’ll paraphrase it to clean it up) ‘Don’t let your mouth write checks that your ‘behind’ can’t cash’.

Trump seemingly ignored that during the campaign.

I think it’s likely that he seemingly ignored that because he didn’t think there was any way in H E double toothpicks that he would win.

Old 06-23-2019, 02:29 AM

7,163 posts, read 4,730,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How many times do I have to go over this in this forum? If you know how to speak English then speak it in public as it's a non-assimilating factor IMO if they don't. I don't care what language one speaks at home but I prefer not to feel like I'm living in Mexico out in public. I couldn't care less what the topic of their conversations are either. It's just plain annoying having to listen to it when you can't escape it. No, I have never thought that strangers were talking about me? They don't know me so why would I be the topic of their conversation? They can't talk about cars and families in English? Many don't even bother to learn English either.

Simple as that!
You need to travel around the United States some more. We live in the USA and there are people who speak English as well as other languages. It isn’t only Spanish.

Sorry, but you cannot control what other people do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies