Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 11:09 PM

8,882 posts, read 5,364,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
And we even warned them. We said that, not only would the cost go way up, but you give 'em obama care, and they'll come back asking for a lot more later. And lookie here. Look where we're at today. Not only do democrats accept it. They've actually been trained to beg for it. What a masterpiece of brainwashing they pulled off.
Yes, I do recall this. So then we have an admission that Obamacare is a failure? If so, why did no Democrats vote to repeal it? Do not change a thing till Obamacare is voted out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 11:31 PM

39,848 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Your numbers are so ridulouly underpriced it is comical. Such is the problem with pie in the sky hypothetical examples.
No more so than the numbers the other proponents of these scams are. The whole Democratic field is proposing something similar-but refuses to consider how to pay for it.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:34 PM

39,848 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Paid for in taxes by those who opt into the program and increasing the Medicare tax fron 1.45% to 2%.
The current system has people paying into Medicare their entire working career-and they can't start to draw from it until they are 65. So say 50 years of payments before any return. And is still losing money.

If Medicare has to pay for every one all the time, you're probably looking at more like a 10%-15% tax on the average income. Are you willing to take that much of a pay cut?

Old 06-21-2019, 11:40 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,794,746 times
You do not want the US government in control of your health insurance. Just ask those with the VA and Tricare. Better yet read up on what the CBO is saying About Tricare and the VA.
https://taskandpurpose.com/cbo-trica...erans-benefits

Old 06-21-2019, 11:57 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,143,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Yes, I do recall this. So then we have an admission that Obamacare is a failure? If so, why did no Democrats vote to repeal it? Do not change a thing till Obamacare is voted out.
Oh, no. It's nearly perfect. It just needs a few tens of trillions of dollars worth of tweaks to make it truly affordable.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:10 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,125 times
When Obamacare was being drafted by our so called leaders a public option was being discussed. Then we all know what happened, 1000 lobbyist showed up in DC and greased the leaders palms and the public option flew out the window.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:26 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
The US could do it if they wanted to. I do not like the Medicare for All because I am on Medicare and I PAID into it for years. I had to wait until age 65 to get it. I think health insurance should be for everyone and eventually no distinguishing between over 65 and under 65. But there would have to be a transitional period where somehow the people who haven't paid enough in to it, have to pay more or the people who already paid all their lives start getting it for free--something like that.

Take it out of the income tax probably, along with the other taxes. Apply less to wars around the world and meddling in other countries and more to health insurance. Seniors already on Medicare would be income tax exempt for health insurance. Phase it in.

Yes, a discount for people who don't smoke and a discount for people who get a yearly physical. But don't most health insurance companies already have that? I don't believe in the volunteering because who has time? If you're able bodied and on welfare, yes to volunteering though. Most would probably get off welfare anyway because one reason they stay on welfare is so they can get health insurance (Medicaid.)

Also, you'd have to put a complete stop to illegal immigration. Not a tax paying or retired citizen or green card holder, no health insurance. No free ER visits for illegals who don't pay in and are already a drain on our schools and other services.
Well do that first and then there might be a conversation to be had !!!

Democrats in congress today will never go for that !!! This thread idea is a pipe dream !!!

Old 06-22-2019, 04:55 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,954,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Option 3. You pay for your healthcare, and I'll pay for my healthcare. Whether you pay out of pocket or use private health insurance should be up to each individual.
So lets say you're involved in a car accident or get an expensive disease. And if you cant afford the bill, you think you should die? In fact, the hospital wont even take you treat you from your car accident injuries if they simply have to rely on everyone paying for their own health care.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:56 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,954,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
You do not want the US government in control of your health insurance. Just ask those with the VA and Tricare. Better yet read up on what the CBO is saying About Tricare and the VA.
https://taskandpurpose.com/cbo-trica...erans-benefits
But the people with VA have been asked. Polls are conducted. And a large majority are satisfied with it. Even more are satisfied with Medicare.

Are you sure you havent been duped?

Old 06-22-2019, 05:36 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,687,365 times
I think there is a slight miscommunication here

So you have 1 option which is a Government health insurance can purchase or not purchase if you choose to
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies