Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 10:54 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I’m sorry but I don’t want to go to church with armed guards.
Ok thats your choice. There are plenty of people that feel the way you do. Many other people feel totally opposite of you and want an armed guard. Great thing about America is we can choose where we go and worship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 10:59 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Ok thats your choice. There are plenty of people that feel the way you do. Many other people feel totally opposite of you and want an armed guard. Great thing about America is we can choose where we go and worship.
We shouldn’t have to have armed guards though. How about we do something about gun control and the mentally ill

Old 06-21-2019, 11:01 PM

Quote:
We shouldn’t have to have armed guards though. How about we do something about gun control and the mentally ill
Again that is your opinion. Lots of luck that will do someone as they are staring down the barrel of a gun about to be executed.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:02 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Strange sort of 'faith' in god when you need armed guards to protect you.
Quote:
Ever hear the name Dylann Roof? Went into a South Carolina church and slaughtered 12 innocent people. I bet they would have a good chance of being alive today if someone other than that scumbag was armed! I fully support having armed guards/cops at churches, synagogues and mosques. In fact when I was with the NYPD we had directed patrol to houses of worships all the time.
Yeah I've heard of Dylann Roof.
I think the point of my post kinda flew right over your head there.

I was commenting on the futility of 'faith' - believing your god is going to somehow protect you. If you need armed guards what is it you are believing in?

Old 06-21-2019, 11:04 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Again that is your opinion. Lots of luck that will do someone as they are staring down the barrel of a gun about to be executed.
If it’s my time to go then so be it. But let me worship in peace.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Yeah I've heard of Dylann Roof.
I think the point of my post kinda flew right over your head there.

I was commenting on the futility of 'faith' - believing your god is going to somehow protect you. If you need armed guards what is it you are believing in?
You and I are in agreement on that one. However I am not going to judge one's faith in god.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
If it’s my time to go then so be it. But let me worship in peace.
True. If thats the way you choose to worship then so be it. Go to a church without guns. However if someone else feel that they want to attend a church that has guards who are you to take away that from them?

Old 06-21-2019, 11:07 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
We shouldn't need a gunfighter guard force at our kindergartens either, but we do need them. Even if there were no guns as others have a belief that they should attack those of a different or no faith in places which folks gather a community comes together to protect their own

Old 06-21-2019, 11:11 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
You and I are in agreement on that one. However I am not going to judge one's faith in god.
Well I'm an atheist.
I do respect peoples faith in god.
People are free to believe in whatever or whomever they like.
I just think it's a strange irony to spend your life praying for god to protect you, but just having a few armed guards around, just in case. it's a weird kind of faith to me.

I have the greatest respect for the previous poster who says she doesn't want to go to a church with guns. I see her point of view.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:20 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Well I'm an atheist.
I do respect peoples faith in god.
People are free to believe in whatever or whomever they like.
I just think it's a strange irony to spend your life praying for god to protect you, but just having a few armed guards around, just in case. it's a weird kind of faith to me.
Well that may be the reason for all those stories read over snd over about what happened to Israel and the early Chistians
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies