Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 03:29 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,166 posts, read 13,455,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I can hardly wait to see the headlines the first time the church cops shoot someone. As Christ said, "I bring not peace but a gun."

New Alabama Law Permits Church To Hire Its Own Police Force
https://www.npr.org/2019/06/20/73459...n-police-force

An Alabama megachurch will form its own police force after passage of controversial law
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/21/polit...ce-force-trnd/
A mega church was traditionally a catherdral, and in terms of cathedral police there are four cathedral constabularies in England, and they can trace their history back to the 13th Century.

In terms of guns, the vast majority of police in England don't carry them, and the Cathedral Constabulary are o exception, although they can call on units from the regular police including armed police if needed.

Cathedral Constables - About Us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2019, 04:17 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 23 hours ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,037 times
On the broader subject of church security.

Personally, I have no problem with it. My first comment was a response to the first 2 or 3 posts in this thread.

Even so, in this day and age, churches should hire professional security to protect the worshipers; meaning they have a lot of depth and breath of law enforcement experience.

Old 06-22-2019, 05:23 AM

7,928 posts, read 9,152,376 times
Nice to see the church paying for its own police force instead of having tax payer funded local police providing security and traffic control.

Old 06-22-2019, 05:55 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
Alabama is one state that is the closest thing to a third world country we have in the USA. They should have signs tha you are leaving the US when you enter Alabama.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:02 AM

447 posts, read 208,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
My church, weekend attendance 10,000 has a armed guard. Our liberal feel good compassionate when it comes to the homeless politicians policies have caused it to get out of control.
I'd shoot myself if I had to be in a space with that many people.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:05 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,522,497 times
I'm certainly not a Roy Moore fan. I'm agnostic. I'm not a Trump supporter, and I'm not a Republican, but after reading this thread, I wonder how many of the people who are criticizing Alabama in a general sense in this thread have ever been there or have ever spent more than a few days there.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:09 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
No great loss for Alabama.
Why do you think it's wrong for a church to protect the worshipers in attendance?

Old 06-22-2019, 06:10 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
How is this any different from what colleges do?

Old 06-22-2019, 07:22 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
At this point, Alabama's powers that be should just come out and make this speech.

""The KINGDOM of God is NOT a democracy! NOR is it a Constitutional Republic! The LORD does NOT run for reelection. Because man was made in God's image, it follows that we should be governed by a government in God's image. Therefore, we need to establish a monarchy in place of a Constitutional Republic. Constitutional Republics, by definition, are an attempt to overthrow God's Holy laws and sovereignty and put it into the hands of MAN! In fact, the United States Constitution itself is the inspired word of Satan. The Founding Fathers of this wicked iniquitous nation only said Creator, not God, much less Jesus. All this means we worship MAN and his wicked sinfulness and allow disrespect for God's appointed authorities (in a non-democracy) to create a climate of Hooliganism! We are here to reestablish the Christian society that existed in Colonial America - We are NOT the United States of America! We are the Faithful Vassalage of the Kingdom of God!"
And Republicans would respond with applause and would bash anybody who dared to criticize it.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:33 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I'm certainly not a Roy Moore fan. I'm agnostic. I'm not a Trump supporter, and I'm not a Republican, but after reading this thread, I wonder how many of the people who are criticizing Alabama in a general sense in this thread have ever been there or have ever spent more than a few days there.
I grew up there. I have no desire to ever return. That's just the way I feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies