Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 07:04 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,285,556 times

Advertisements

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/st...01442000658433

If you know and just don’t care, can you admit it?

Disparaging alleged victims of sexual assault and rape is dangerous to future victims. I think it’s better to admit that, whether the accusations are credible/provable/logical or not, you just don’t care how many women Trump allegedly attacked/attacks.

I’m speaking of Trump’s accusers in general, not of any particular attack.

The reason for the thread is because of the vicious, insulting comments made about each one of Trump’s alleged victims. I don’t see why the attacks are necessary. They wouldn’t be necessary if Trump’s fans just issue a blanket “I don’t care what he does or did, I’m with him.”

I suppose if you think Trump is the most victimized man on Earth, this thread isn’t addressing you.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:08 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,068 times
You left out
OR do you realize that the leftist anti Trumpers have accused President Trump of so much that their crying wolf is of none effect?

Old 06-22-2019, 07:11 AM

18,464 posts, read 15,242,796 times
I didn’t care about the very same accusations about Clinton. I still voted for him.

So now I am suddenly going to hold it against Trump, when I didn’t hold it against Clinton?

That wouldn’t be fair, now, would it?

Accusations are accusations.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:19 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,285,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I didn’t care about the very same accusations about Clinton. I still voted for him.

So now I am suddenly going to hold it against Trump, when I didn’t hold it against Clinton?

That wouldn’t be fair, now, would it?

Accusations are accusations.
Thanks for the reply. It’s not about holding anything against Trump vs Clinton. It’s about Trump’s fans responses to the accusations.

I guess the hypocrisy would be if you were all-in for Clinton, and you judged Trump fans for the same all-in behavior.

The fact is, though. I’m not judging being all-in. I’m asking why they don’t admit it instead of disparaging every accuser, which is dangerous.

ETA: I feel the need to add (because I’m sure it’s coming)... I did not vote for Bill Clinton because I was a teenager and stupidly not interested in exercising my right to vote. I did have an opinion, though, and I thought our president should be held to a moral standard. I was disgusted by Clinton’s behavior.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:22 AM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
1. https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/1142401442000658433

2. Disparaging alleged victims of sexual assault and rape is dangerous to future victims. I think it’s better to admit that, whether the accusations are credible/provable/logical or not, you just don’t care how many women Trump allegedly attacked/attacks.

3. I’m speaking of Trump’s accusers in general, not of any particular attack.

4. The reason for the thread is because of the vicious, insulting comments made about each one of Trump’s alleged victims. I don’t see why the attacks are necessary. 5. They wouldn’t be necessary if Trump’s fans just issue a blanket “I don’t care what he does or did, I’m with him.”

6. I suppose if you think Trump is the most victimized man on Earth, this thread isn’t addressing you.
1. A "likely" sexual predator isn't an actual sexual predator

2. No. Evidence of actual, force-able rape means that there is a rape victim. Calling every woman who makes uncorroborated claims a rape or sexual assault a victim does not actually make them a victim. Just like calling me a racist (which I've been called) or a misogynist (which I've also been called - which is interesting since I'm a woman) doesn't make me either of those things. The Twitter comment uses the word "likely" - you use the word "alleged" - you both hedged your bets for a reason. We all know what that reason is.

3. You spoke in generalities for a reason and did not refer to any particular attack for a reason. We all know what that reason is.

4. I don't condone insulting anyone for sport - not the toxic white male, not the random groupie-chick who decides 10 years later that Trump is a cad (or a rapist), not the Christian kid wearing a MAGA hat, not a bakery store owner who doesn't want to make a cake for a gay wedding, not a Bible-country WH press secretary, not even you. But your entire post is about taking one more opportunity (in a veritable sea of opportunities over the past few years) to demean a sitting president and those who voted for him.

5. See #4 above

6. Liberals have an amusing inclination for writing in hair-on-fire, the sky-is-falling superlatives. Most victimized man on Earth? It's summer. Have a good weekend. Hope the weather is nice where you are.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:24 AM

24,476 posts, read 17,215,678 times
This is news to me. We all know that Trump bragged about grabbing "groupies" by the you know what but I didn't know he was a rapist? Is this a new charge the Dems are aiming at him? I'm usually pretty tuned in with politics so how did I miss this? They have tried to destroy Trump with everything but the kitchen sink so is this yet another arrow in their quiver?

Are these actual allegations with real evidence or is this a he said she said and others wouldn't say one way or another about something that allegedly happened over 30 years ago like in the Kavanaugh rape accusation hearings?

I suppose that the world gave Bill Clinton a pass when it came to his sexual aggression and they are ready to give Creepy Uncle Joe a similar pass with the way he "handles" young girls and supposedly swam naked in front of his female SS agents but when ti comes to Trump and his alleged actions he must burn ??

I just don't understand how the Liberal mind works.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:24 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,917,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post

2. No. Evidence of actual, force-able rape means that there is a rape victim. Calling every woman who makes uncorroborated claims a rape or sexual assault a victim does not actually make them a victim. Just like calling me a racist (which I've been called) or a misogynist (which I've also been called - which is interesting since I'm a woman) doesn't make me either of those things. The Twitter comment uses the word "likely" - you use the word "alleged" - you both hedged your bets for a reason. We all know what that reason is.

3. You spoke in generalities for a reason and did not refer to any particular attack for a reason. We all know what that reason is.

4. I don't condone insulting anyone for sport - not the toxic white male, not the random groupie-chick who decides 10 years later that Trump is a cad (or a rapist), not the Christian kid wearing a MAGA hat, not a bakery store owner who doesn't want to make a cake for a gay wedding, not a Bible-country WH press secretary, not even you. But your entire post is about taking one more opportunity (in a veritable sea of opportunities over the past few years) to demean a sitting president and those who voted for him.

5. See #4 above

6. Liberals have an amusing inclination for writing in hair-on-fire, the sky-is-falling superlatives. Most victimized man on Earth? It's summer. Have a good weekend. Hope the weather is nice where you are.
Nailed it. End of yet another tiresome, TDS based thread.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:25 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,578,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post

5. See #4 above

Just like hating Trump and/or calling me a Liberal doesn't make me one...

Old 06-22-2019, 07:25 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Quote:
https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/st...01442000658433

Disparaging alleged victims of sexual assault and rape is dangerous to future victims. I think it’s better to admit that, whether the accusations are credible/provable/logical or not, you just don’t care how many women Trump allegedly attacked/attacks.

I’m speaking of Trump’s accusers in general, not of any particular attack.

The reason for the thread is because of the vicious, insulting comments made about each one of Trump’s alleged victims. I don’t see why the attacks are necessary. They wouldn’t be necessary if Trump’s fans just issue a blanket “I don’t care what he does or did, I’m with him.”

I suppose if you think Trump is the most victimized man on Earth, this thread isn’t addressing you.
Your hero (Bill Clinton) did violently rape and ya'll just celebrated it.

Fake rapes that the Dims make up for political purposes don't faze me.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:27 AM

18,464 posts, read 15,242,796 times
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. It’s not about holding anything against Trump vs Clinton. It’s about Trump’s fans responses to the accusations.

I guess the hypocrisy would be if you were all-in for Clinton, and you judged Trump fans for the same all-in behavior.

The fact is, though. I’m not judging being all-in. I’m asking why they don’t admit it instead of disparaging every accuser, which is dangerous.
The same reason the Clinton campaign disparaged all of his accusers. It’s politics. In the end, the most important thing is getting the policies passed.

Whether left or right, people are willing to forgive the flaws of the people on their side, and try to accentuate the flaws of the people on the other side. They do this, because the policies are bigger than the man/woman.

Sometimes the political fallout is too big, and supporters flee, but when it comes to the President, it takes a lot more than it would, for say, a senator or a congressperson. For example, in Clinton’s case, a semen stain on a dress wasn’t even enough.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 06-22-2019 at 08:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies