Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 03:48 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Ignorant. Divisive. Incapable. Immoral. Unethical. Dangerous.
Fraudulent.
Similar terms could be applied to almost anyone in the world during certain parts of their lives, including an SJW liberal Flat-Earth nagging mother-in-law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2019, 03:58 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
? ....
Why would I care what TOTL think? They don't have America's best interest at heart; the only thing they talk about is the "horrible" things that Trump has done and they just make up most of that. They are speed bumps on America's freeway and every time things don't go as they wish they just lay down in the road.
Environmentalists, NeverTrumpers, zealots for this group or the other - I don't care what they think. The last group of dingbats and loonies they elected to The House shows who they are, and it is not good for the country.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:08 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Fire away!

ORANGE MAN BAD, VERY BAD! WAHHHH, HOLD ME GENDER-FLUID PARENTAL FIGURE!!!

Old 06-22-2019, 04:49 PM

92 posts, read 116,447 times
As far as Trump goes, I went from completely neutral to somewhat sympathetic based entirely on the constant cries that he's "racist, bigoted, or hates <insert random group of people here>".

What really sealed the deal was asking a friend of a friend (who was complaining how Trump HATED gays) to show me a single instance where Trump has ever even mentioned gays. When he couldn't do it, that was enough to move the needle for me.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:02 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Half this post is nonsense (i.e. walls around your house equating to a border wall etc, that's just a strawman argument).

As for the other half, ACA didn't go far enough. The insurance lobby was able to get the public option removed, which crippled what we got. And I support a UK or Canada style healthcare system.

And their should be no restriction on first or second trimester abortions imo. Third trimester is a different story.

And no, I'm a taxpayer, not one of the "grifters" as you call it. What would be more effective than a stupid wall if you want to handle illegal immigration is doing regular raids on businesses which employ low skill labor, slaughterhouses, etc. And if any are discovered, have the government shut the business down and arrest the owner. That's the only effective way to handle it.

Oh, so walls that keep uninvited people out of the Kennedy's complex are good walls and those that keep uninvited illegal aliens out of the country are bad walls?

President Trump thanks you and anyone that thinks like you for making his second term a sure thing!

Old 06-22-2019, 06:49 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Oh, so walls that keep uninvited people out of the Kennedy's complex are good walls and those that keep uninvited illegal aliens out of the country are bad walls?

President Trump thanks you and anyone that thinks like you for making his second term a sure thing!
Sure thing my fanny, he's not going to be re-elected

Old 06-22-2019, 07:42 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS_151 View Post
As far as Trump goes, I went from completely neutral to somewhat sympathetic based entirely on the constant cries that he's "racist, bigoted, or hates <insert random group of people here>".

What really sealed the deal was asking a friend of a friend (who was complaining how Trump HATED gays) to show me a single instance where Trump has ever even mentioned gays. When he couldn't do it, that was enough to move the needle for me.
Hmmm. There are many easily found clips on Youtube, of him discussing same sex marriage ( which he is against )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0hIiF2Hbfw

Many others where he says he supports LGBTQ people, but as this video shows, he doesn't actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AqK9bVhrsA

Personally, I don't think he has any real issue with gay people, but transgendered. Then again, Trump is so easily manipulated by those around him, that if he is told a view or action will make him popular, he is quite willing to throw ANYONE under a bus.

Old 06-22-2019, 08:38 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
The tax cuts were AGAINST the rich. It severely capped deductions. Please stop listening to CNN. They lie to you. the only thing that you revealed here is that you don't pay a significant amount of taxes yourself and did not have to learn about the new laws.

1. a president can't "get rid" of Roe V Wade.
2. You are right that he is stacking the court with strict constructionist judges, and the fact that this represents a threat to you shows that it is terrible law in the first place.
3. they won't get rid of it anyway, because there is a tradition of considering certain things to be settled law.
4. The United States is dreadfully out of touch with the entire rest of the world on abortion, and a vast majority of Americans think there should be more restrictions that now, which is why Trump was elected despite his open stances.

ACA is NOT a universal healthcare program and has hurt far more than it has helped by adding people to the rolls without increasing supply. It has lead directly to people having such high premiums and deductibles that they now hold paper plans that they cannot afford to use.

This is gibberish. He instituted a travel ban, which was upheld, from a handful of specific terrorist countries, not all of them Islamic, until he could get a vetting process in place. It was astonishingly sensible, which is why liberals opposed it. It is disgusting that you talk this sort of *******s. You should be ashamed.

In my state, they are now going to offer healthcare to illegals, which I am going to pay for. The wall saves me and other legitimate tax payers money. Again, you are only showing that you are one of the grifters.

Except that every civilization uses walls, and we already have vast expanses of wall. Are Obama and Pelois "dictators" for having walls around their houses?

Please, please, please, stop listening to the fake news.
So we should accept Trump's lies. I don't think so

Old 06-22-2019, 08:53 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Fire away!
Ignorant and vague
Incurious and unwilling to study to become more knowledgeable
Flounderingly inarticulate, so that anything off-the-cuff is an embarrassment
Vain and boastful, which makes it easy for others to manipulate him
Bullying and threatening, which makes him a threat to stability
Compulsively lying, which makes him completely untrustworthy
Undermining, by insults and insinuations, basic American institutions, e.g. the judiciary
Undermining, by insults and insinuations, basic American ideas, e.g. freedom of the press
Insatiably needy for praise and applause
Insatiably greedy, leading him to various financial improprieties
Crude and vulgar, undermining both the presidency and public discourse
Bigoted and exclusionary, which is contrary to basic American ideals and trends

But that's just off the top of my head.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:31 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
We've had this thread before. I dislike him primarily on personal, not policy, grounds.

Simply put, I think he is breathtakingly crass, narcissistic, and irresponsible; far below the standards expected for the average adult, much less the top representative of the nation. I think he is an opportunist who has no personal standards of decency or ideals of devotion for our Constitution.

The result is that he is a corrosive demagogue unlike any other I have witnessed in my lifetime, willing to say all sorts of things to ride the wave of populist appeal, but with no regard to any collateral damage to our national discourse, our unwritten standards of ethics long held for public figures, and our institutions.

He won't think twice about spreading conspiracy theories, demolishing trust in our elections, vilifying the very concept of a press capable of criticizing him, putting his unqualified family members into positions of influence, profiting from his business dealings while simultaneously wielding influence as President, turning people against a minority group, wielding the military as a self-aggrandizing prop, and meddling with previously independent prosecutors for "loyalty." He will tear down as many checks and balances as he can, and his "jokes" about staying past his two terms have a sinister feel to them.

If we elect leaders who trash the fabric of our Constitutional institutions, them we shouldn't expect them to last. Trump would be much better fit to rule some third-world according to his own narcissistic will, like a Kim Jong Un (probably why he identifies so well with him) than as a representative in a Republic with separation of powers. And we will start to resemble those kinds of nation's more and more as people like Donald expand their power bit by bit.

These are my true feelings about him. Never felt it about any other Republican before. I can respect Republicans and people with different opinions; I can't respect him at all even as a man, much less a President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies